Power Rangers: Lightning Collection Gamestop Exclusive 25th Wedding Anniversary Rita And Lord Zedd 6" Figure 2-Pack Revealed

JayC

Hasbro today released a video announcing a new 6" Power Rangers: Lightning Collection 2-pack that will feature figures of Rita And Lord Zedd. This is to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary. This set will be offered as a Gamestop exclusive and is available for pre-order now.

Power-Rangers-Rita.jpg

Power-Rangers-Rita-01.jpg

Power-Rangers-Rita-02.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The whole info commercial feel and voice over is great. I was curious when they where going to release Rita. Not crazy about the face, so probably going to wait and see this in person to decide if I need it.

I was really excited to get a Rita figure, but I'm just not feeling that face. I would've prefer an evil smiling face, rater than this weird face. Also it looks kinda funny how she's holding hands with Lord Zedd and making that angry expression. Hopefully she'll be released single carded and with a different head expression. Although I understand why Hasbro is putting her in a two pack, guess they think she would be a peg warmer.

IMG_20200212_100353.jpg

Gamestop just issued a tweet saying the figure will be $50. Right now it still says $60, but we will see if it adjusts in a few. I would  not pre-order until it says $50, otherwise they will likely charge you the $60

7 hours ago, JayC said:
Hasbro today released a video announcing a new 6" Power Rangers: Lightning Collection 2-pack that will feature figures of Rita And Lord Zedd. This is to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary. This set will be offered as a Gamestop exclusive and is available for pre-order now.

Power-Rangers-Rita.jpg

Power-Rangers-Rita-01.jpg

Power-Rangers-Rita-02.jpg

They are looking really good...

Hmm... F#*$ you Hasbro?

What else can I say there. Rita looks awesome.

Zedd was great. Got him long ago.

Now everyone wants Rita. So in typical Hasbro fashion... Here's Rita for the very first time.... In a 2 pack where you've probably already got the 2nd figure. What ever it takes to double the money.

What's even worse? Gamestop Exclusive where the prices are already higher than usual (and going up).

• Thanks 1

worldwarhulk:

Totally agree with you! The sad truth is I think two-packs hurt Hasbro sales. If some people already have Lord Zedd, then they may not be interested in buying the two-pack just to get Rita. When that happens, a lot of these two-packs end up sitting on shelves until they get deep-discounted in price (in which case, I think it becomes an unprofitable sale for Gamestop / EB Games). I think Hasbro and Gamestop might be better off trying to anticipate how many single-carded figures to manufacture for an exclusive sale. (The Goldar appeared to sell-out in Canada. I got him online and never once saw him in stores)

I did notice that the Gamestop web-site has the following description posted for the two-pack:

SILVER ANNIVERSARY DECO: Celebrating 25 years of the best worst couple in Power Rangers, the figures in this 2-pack feature special silver-themed deco on Rita’s dress and Lord Zedd’s chest plate

Maybe Hasbro intends to do a standard release of Rita without the silver-themed deco on her dress.

Edited by omega_m
Typo
  • Sad 1

The Lightning Collection continues to vex me.  I've been trying to decide if I want to replace my Bandai MMPR figures with these, but I'm hesitant to take on a new line.  Zedd was awesome, and Rita is a major want, but I'm not interested in a 2-pack (though Rita will probably come single carded, hopefully with a better head.)  And I'm still annoyed that the Blue Zeo Ranger doesn't have his tonfa/axe weapons.  *sigh*

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Dinobot said:

The Lightning Collection continues to vex me.  I've been trying to decide if I want to replace my Bandai MMPR figures with these, but I'm hesitant to take on a new line.  Zedd was awesome, and Rita is a major want, but I'm not interested in a 2-pack (though Rita will probably come single carded, hopefully with a better head.)  And I'm still annoyed that the Blue Zeo Ranger doesn't have his tonfa/axe weapons.  *sigh*

I like Rita and Zed.

I probably just sell my Bandai Zed...

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Kenwriter said:

I figured I will wait and see if they release Rita by herself since I already had Zedd, but the more I see of this two-pack the more I think I might get this.

Buy the two pack and sell your other Zadd figure on eBay...

I think this is pretty cool, I don't really like the facial expression personally, as well as the fact this is going to cost a fair penny here in Canada, and I don't want to have to buy another Lord Zedd, I don't want to shell out 70 bucks for a Rita figure, just because it's Rita, so I'm going to pass on this , don't even feel compelled to own a Rita , I really just want to get some more Villains in this Lightning collection, why are they being so stingey on the monsters.. King Sphinx please, Eyeguy, Bones, Grumblebee.. come on Hasbro

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I really just want to get some more Villains in this Lightning collection, why are they being so stingey on the monsters.. King Sphinx please, Eyeguy, Bones, Grumblebee.. come on Hasbro

I don't think its so much they're shutting out the villains as they just can't afford to go "all-in" on them. Let's face it, you have a male buck and a female buck and you pretty much have 27 years worth of Power Rangers. The tooling for a Pudgy Pig, Dark Spectre, or even cute as a button Astronema is a lot more problematic. There just isn't as much of an opportunity to make a tool cost out. And "costing out" is an economic necessity, I don't care what license or toy company,, now more than ever.

That being said, I anxiously await a Dark Warrior figure.

• Thanks 1