2020 Masters Of The Universe: Origins Power-Con Convention Exclusive Figures Teaser

JayC

17 minutes ago, KingOfAllWildThings said:

Looks like cardboard to me. Heavy duty, well printed, nested boxes. But cardboard boxes none-the-less. You can even see the scotch tape holding it all together. At this price I was expecting something more along the lines of a vintage carrying case similar to the NECA TMNT one you mentioned. But this is definitely underwhelming.

I see what you’re saying and I didn’t even notice the tape until you mentioned it.

For what it’s worth I know Val (who runs the show) and have helped him out a few times (based on the fact that I live in L.A. and work in the entertainment industry) so I know while these are being manufactured through Mattel as a vendor/partner all the actual development/manufacturing/packaging/etc. costs are usually being 100% paid for by Power-Con and this coming out of Val’s budget which obviously greatly limits what they can afford to do particularly in comparison to Mattel, NECA, etc.  End of day though, yeah, I totally get where you are coming from and as a customer if the price is high and the outcome isn’t what you wanted then it’s not going to matter who is actually funding the product and how much budget they have to work with.  

• Thanks 1

On 3/8/2020 at 7:26 AM, Roadpigmaster said:

I predict to see these figures for sale at the bigbadtoystore...

I like the Masters figures...

They were listed on the BBTS several months ago, and they are one of the official places to preorder it (this is made clear on the Power-Con website). I preordered the 5-pack in May and the She-Ra Origins single pack in July. These sold out months ago.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
Mattel today released updated images for the 2020 Power-Con Exclusive MOTU Origins "Lords of Power" 5-Pack. These are expected to start shipping out to folks who pre-ordered them at the con in a couple of weeks. The set includes Origins figures of He-Man, Skeletor, Man-At-Arms, Mer-Man and Beast-Man. These figures are based on early MOTU prototypes from the original toy line.

Power-Con-2020-MOTUO-Exclusive-01.jpg

Power-Con-2020-MOTUO-Exclusive-02.jpg

Power-Con-2020-MOTUO-Exclusive-03.jpg

Power-Con-2020-MOTUO-Exclusive-04.jpg

Power-Con-2020-MOTUO-Exclusive-05.jpg

Power-Con-2020-MOTUO-Exclusive-06.jpg

Power-Con-2020-MOTUO-Exclusive-07.jpg

• Thanks 1

I grew up with MOTU and still have all the original figures that came out in the 80's but all I'm seeing now is the same figures, looking the same from either this company or that company.  My MOTU collecting days look to be over...

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Shown below are new in-hand images for the Power-Con 2020 “Lords of Power” Five-Pack from Mattel. The images come Battleramblog.com who has done a comprehensive review of the set which you should also check out by Clicking Here. The set includes Origins figures of He-Man, Skeletor, Man-At-Arms, Mer-Man and Beast-Man. These figures are based on early MOTU prototypes from the original toy line.

IMG_8068.jpg

IMG_8072.jpg

IMG_8076.jpg

IMG_8080.jpg

IMG_8084.jpg

IMG_8111.jpg

IMG_8112.jpg

IMG_20201219_185035_339-2048x2048.jpg

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, JayC said:
Shown below are new in-hand images for the Power-Con 2020 “Lords of Power” Five-Pack from Mattel. The images come Battleramblog.com who has done a comprehensive review of the set which you should also check out by Clicking Here. The set includes Origins figures of He-Man, Skeletor, Man-At-Arms, Mer-Man and Beast-Man. These figures are based on early MOTU prototypes from the original toy line.

IMG_8068.jpg

IMG_8072.jpg

IMG_8076.jpg

IMG_8080.jpg

IMG_8084.jpg

IMG_8111.jpg

IMG_8112.jpg

IMG_20201219_185035_339-2048x2048.jpg

They look good but sold out!

WARNING DO NOT BUY FROM MEGAPOLIS TOYS YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR MERCHANDISE AND THEY WILL DRAG OUT YOUR REFUND FOR MONTHS. I HAVE THREE DIFFERENT PURCHASES MADE WAY BACK IN OCTOBER OF WHICH I HAVE RECEIVED NONE. I HAVE BEEN DEMANDING A REFUND FOR MONTHS AND STILL HAVE GOTTEN NOTHING BUT EMPTY PROMISES. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED SHOP ELSEWHERE!!!!!

• Thanks 1