2020 Masters Of The Universe: Origins Power-Con Convention Exclusive Figures Teaser

JayC

11 minutes ago, TheMikeSnyder said:

I ordered the set. I have always loved motu and had a huge collection of the classics figures but had to sell them off a while back. I regret not keeping some of them. I think I'll grab some of the a listers of the origins line, but I also just loved the look of this set and the collector case is a fun selling point for me. A little pricey, but could be more down the line.

Collector case?  What do you mean?

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, jsmooth said:

I'm also missing about that collector case but if it's a Powercon exclusive it probably be the figures in a top notch box with great arts on it so I will get it anyways...

20 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

I'm also missing about that collector case but if it's a Powercon exclusive it probably be the figures in a top notch box with great arts on it so I will get it anyways...

Oh, I see, yes hopefully it will be a box where the figures can be seen or where the artwork is amazing...like old school MOTU art. I think it would suck if it were a closed box like last year's SDCC He-man/Prince Adam 2 pack.

• Thanks 1

It’s unfortunate (but necessary) that there  will be no SDCC and no Power-Con this year, but at least we can still get the exclusives and look forward to Power-Con coming back in 2021.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jsmooth said:

Oh, I see, yes hopefully it will be a box where the figures can be seen or where the artwork is amazing...like old school MOTU art. I think it would suck if it were a closed box like last year's SDCC He-man/Prince Adam 2 pack.

Um, the SDCC box wasn’t a closed box (unless you are counting the mailer box—which isn’t the same thing).  The SDCC set all you had to do was pull the slip case up and swing the hinge open and the figures display in package.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

The description is as follows... This set comes housed in a premium, coffret-style collector case in the style of the original Masters of the Universe carrying cases, optimized for display with all-new, custom artwork and illustrations.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

Um, the SDCC box wasn’t a closed box (unless you are counting the mailer box—which isn’t the same thing).  The SDCC set all you had to do was pull the slip case up and swing the hinge open and the figures display in package.  

You are right, but to collector's like me who consider that a part of the packaging and its condition, I do not open it.  Thus, I just have a box with the He-man chest plate on it.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

It’s unfortunate (but necessary) that there  will be no SDCC and no Power-Con this year, but at least we can still get the exclusives and look forward to Power-Con coming back in 2021.  

In the end, I agree.  At least we get something.  Although I have never been to either one in my life.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, jsmooth said:

On the page for the set from Power con it says the following:

This set comes housed in a premium, coffret-style collector case in the style of the original Masters of the Universe carrying cases, optimized for display with all-new, custom artwork and illustrations. Final product 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

I think until we see pictures of the collectors package and the box with the figures, some of us are not going to make out minds...

I think you are smart to do so...me on the other hand...when it comes to MOTU I have to go for it no matter what!!!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jsmooth said:

I think you are smart to do so...me on the other hand...when it comes to MOTU I have to go for it no matter what!!!!

Well my mindset is already setup to buy them just because of the reason of the figures been based on the unreleased prototypes of MOTU... Everything else coming is an extra bonus for me...

I really like these figures but just can't justify that price for the set, it's hard to pass this up since I'm a huge MOTU fan but did pre-order She-Ra, really dig how she looks just like her vintage self just wish instead of painted jem's on her chest and sheld, they should have used a plastic translucent jems instead.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jsmooth said:

Hmmm... I wonder if it will be an actual case or just a cardboard case and I still wonder if the figures will be able to be seen or enclosed inside the "case"?

My guess is maybe it will be similar to NECA’s SDCC animated TMNT set from a couple of years ago where it comes in an old school style snap case that allow you to open and close it without actually destroying any of the packaging when accessing the figures.  

• Thanks 1

On 3/9/2020 at 2:15 AM, Nosferatuman62172 said:

These are looking good. I'm glad to finally see Mer Man, one of my favorites from the original line. Hopefully they'll do a mass release of She Ra.

Agree...hope they add more nostalgic feel to the package.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Late last night Mattel released this little spinner video giving us a look at the packaging for the new Power-Con 2020 Exclusive Lords Of Power-Con MOTU Origins 5-Pack which was being sold for $269.99 and now sold out. These figures are based on early MOTU prototypes from the original toy line.

While the physical convention for this year was canceled due to the COVID pandemic, there will be a virtual convention taking place this weekend. We expect some new Mattel reveals to be made during a panel being held Sunday evening at 7:30pm ET.

Lords-Of-Power-Con-02.jpg

Lords-Of-Power-Con-01.jpg

• Thanks 1

Looks great and can’t wait until this ships.  

I’m going to have to do a major rearrangement of some items in my MOTU cases so I can fit this properly into the display but I’m probably waiting until Snake Mountain ships before giving the entire MOTU arrangement a complete overhaul. 

It’s sad that just like SDCC, WonderCon and others that there won’t be a physical Power-Con to attend this year but glad they’ve set up some virtual experiences and looking forward to attending in 2021.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JayC said:

Late last night Mattel released this little spinner video giving us a look at the packaging for the new Power-Con 2020 Exclusive Lords Of Power-Con MOTU Origins 5-Pack which was being sold for $269.99 and now sold out. These figures are based on early MOTU prototypes from the original toy line.

While the physical convention for this year was canceled due to the COVID pandemic, there will be a virtual convention taking place this weekend. We expect some new Mattel reveals to be made during a panel being held Sunday evening at 7:30pm ET.

Lords-Of-Power-Con-02.jpg

Lords-Of-Power-Con-01.jpg

Looks good. I would like to see close up pictures of the inside background from the Figures... Looks like a great addition to not open it...

On 5/13/2020 at 12:38 AM, InspectorZartan said:

My guess is maybe it will be similar to NECA’s SDCC animated TMNT set from a couple of years ago where it comes in an old school style snap case that allow you to open and close it without actually destroying any of the packaging when accessing the figures.  

Looks like cardboard to me. Heavy duty, well printed, nested boxes. But cardboard boxes none-the-less. You can even see the scotch tape holding it all together. At this price I was expecting something more along the lines of a vintage carrying case similar to the NECA TMNT one you mentioned. But this is definitely underwhelming.

• Thanks 1