2020 Masters Of The Universe: Origins Power-Con Convention Exclusive Figures Teaser

JayC

The official website for the official Masters of the Universe Power-Con convention, today released some teaser images for upcoming Masters of the Universe: Origins figures. These will be offered as exclusives during the convention later this year.

From the first image we see a teaser of a MOTU Origins 5-Pack which will cost attendee's $200. It looks like it will include figures of He-Man, Skeletor, Man-At-Arms, Mer-Man and perhaps Beast-Man. The first one in the second row we aren't entirely sure about.

The second image is for an exclusive of one single MOTU Origns figure which looks to be She-Ra. This one is listed with a price of $40 for con attendees

There will also be a third Hot Wheels based exclusive. No image or any other details were provided for that one at this time.

We assume the Origins exclusives for the 5-pack will use the same bodies as the regular released versions and likely feature things like different paint decos, head sculpts and/or accessories. For instance, the one we think is Beast Man looks to have a different harness piece on from the regular released version we have seen. The things sticking up on the shoulders are likely bones as seen on some versions of the character.

For the She-Ra, at this time there has been no announcement of a regular release version, but I would be very surprised if they didn't end up doing one sooner or later.

Earlier in the week we showed you a rumored list of Origins products that supposedly leaked out from the German Toy Fair. In that list they had a Skeletor/Keldor 2-pack listed as a convention exclusive. While that entire list has by any means been confirmed, it should be noted that the con exclusive mentioned there was likely referring to this year's San Diego Comic Con exclusive, not these Power-Con ones.

Power-Con will take place in Anaheim, CA on August 8-9. Tickets are on sale now.

Power-Con-2020-Exclusive-Teasers-01.jpg

Power-Con-2020-Exclusive-Teasers-02.jpg

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Neovorticism2 said:

Just to clarify the 5-pack is based on the early MoTU prototypes or "Lords of Power".

D1Ytw0gWwAAeawE.jpg

What???? Really??? Ok I may have to get these figures later at the Bigbadtoystore... Wow finally a set with figures based on the original unproduce Masters... This is awesome!

28 minutes ago, JayC said:

Granted I am not really a super die-hard Masters fan, more a casual one but I've never heard of these before, and that image looks like custom figures?

Did you read the article posted by Pixel Dan about the Lord's of Power?

It's very interesting, he put it on Twitter...

7 minutes ago, Neovorticism2 said:

No, actually the photos are of the original prototypes. The blog link I leave below is a good read about it.

https://battleramblog.com/lords-of-power-collection-at-the-dawn-of-he-man/

That's the article I'm taking about...

Thanks for posting it.

18 hours ago, Neovorticism2 said:

No, actually the photos are of the original prototypes. The blog link I leave below is a good read about it.

https://battleramblog.com/lords-of-power-collection-at-the-dawn-of-he-man/

No I hadn't. Very interesting. While I enjoy MOTU, I never collected the original toys nor have I ever delved that deeply into the line. I know some basic stuff but didn't know or don't remember at least ever seeing anything about this set of 5 before.

• Thanks 1

Hopefully the multipack comes in Lords of Power labelled packaging

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

The website for the official Masters of the Universe Power-Con convention, today released some images for the upcoming Masters of the Universe: Origins and She-Ra exclusive figures being offered this year at the con.

They are doing a MOTU Origins "Lords of Power" 5-Pack which will cost attendee's $200. It will include figures of He-Man, Skeletor, Man-At-Arms, Mer-Man and Beast-Man. These figures are based on early MOTU prototypes from the original toy line.

The second image is for an exclusive of one single MOTU Origns She-Ra figure. This one is listed with a price of $40 for con attendees.

Attendee pre-sales for these are live now. Power-Con takes place August 8-9 in Anaheim, CA.

2020-Power-Con-Exclusive-01.jpg

2020-Power-Con-Exclusive-02.jpg

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Neovorticism2 said:

Yeah, I like them but they are not for me, I won't bother, even if during the pre-order for the attendees they don't sold out I don't think I'll be able to get them, they will sell very quickly and then you will only see them available on Evilbay.

I predict to see these figures for sale at the bigbadtoystore...

I like the Masters figures...

1 hour ago, Roadpigmaster said:

I predict to see these figures for sale at the bigbadtoystore...

I like the Masters figures...

Since previous Power-Con exclusives have been made available there, I would say you are probably right.

• Thanks 1

She-Ra's paint apps and soft goods aren't as nice as the original figure.  The extra sculpting looks good, but cape and skirt look pretty cheap for a $40 figure.  Also, I'm not sure why they would paint the bodice with less detail than they did in the 80's.  That design was actual pretty nice, so why wouldn't they use it in a line where the sole purpose is to replicate the 80's figures?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JayC said:

Since previous Power-Con exclusives have been made available there, I would say you are probably right.

I would get them later in the year from the bigbadtoystore...

I still need to make my Thundercats order from them...

• 2 months later...
Like many conventions, the official Masters of the Universe convention known as Power-Con has been canceled this year due to concerns over the COVID-19 pandemic. The convention will return on September 11 & 12, 2021 to the Hilton Anaheim in Anaheim, California.

That being said, if you wanted to get your hands on this years exclusive, they are now available for pre-order for Non-Attendees, which now includes everybody.

Their pricing is as follows, plus shipping / handling:
MOTU Origins She-Ra: $59.99
MOTU Origins 5-Pack: $269.99
  • Thanks 1

On 3/8/2020 at 11:25 AM, Neovorticism2 said:

What I find a bit shocking here is that the early Origins figures are only con exclusives and all those who don't have the possibility to get these items will have to wait until Fall and many less fortunate others will have to wait until next year to be able to get these figures, oh well, I wonder if the retail version of Mer-Man will include that head.

That seems like the same pattern Mattel did with MOTU. 200x and MOTUC.  Weren't the first MOTU 200X figure was a he-man that came with a chrome sword?  Unless I am mistaken, I think he was released months before the general releases.  Same with the MOTUc He-man?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JayC said:
Like many conventions, the official Masters of the Universe convention known as Power-Con has been canceled this year due to concerns over the COVID-19 pandemic. The convention will return on September 11 & 12, 2021 to the Hilton Anaheim in Anaheim, California.

That being said, if you wanted to get your hands on this years exclusive, they are now available for pre-order for Non-Attendees, which now includes everybody.

Their pricing is as follows, plus shipping / handling:
MOTU Origins She-Ra: $59.99
MOTU Origins 5-Pack: $269.99

Interesting, I wonder if the price will remain or be more expensive at the bigbadtoystore...

9 hours ago, Doom Saber said:

That seems like the same pattern Mattel did with MOTU. 200x and MOTUC.  Weren't the first MOTU 200X figure was a he-man that came with a chrome sword?  Unless I am mistaken, I think he was released months before the general releases.  Same with the MOTUc He-man?

I have to agree... What is Mattel doing?  Getting the license back and putting out the same figures again they did a few years ago.

9 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Interesting, I wonder if the price will remain or be more expensive at the bigbadtoystore...

These are the same prices as BBTS...

• Thanks 1

It stinks to be put in a situation like this.  These are all figures I have purchased multiples of in the past.  But as an MOTU collector you must purchase these because if you do not you will be kicking yourself later.  I just hope the packaging is awesome!  Packaging does mean a lot. They should have pics of the packaging up as well for the preorder.  I guess we will wait and see.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Outsiders said:

I have to agree... What is Mattel doing?  Getting the license back and putting out the same figures again they did a few years ago.

These are the same prices as BBTS...

Thanks for the information of the pricing Outsider.

I will try to get those figures in a few months from the bigbadtoystore.

I ordered the set. I have always loved motu and had a huge collection of the classics figures but had to sell them off a while back. I regret not keeping some of them. I think I'll grab some of the a listers of the origins line, but I also just loved the look of this set and the collector case is a fun selling point for me. A little pricey, but could be more down the line.

• Thanks 1