Jazwares To Show Off New All Elite Wrestling (AEW) Figures At NYTF

JayC

For you wrestling fans, look for Wicked Cool Toys/Jazwares to premiere its first line of toys and figures inspired by All Elite Wrestling (AEW) at this month's New York Toy Fair which kicks off on February 22.

For those not familiar, AEW is a new global wrestling league that features a world-class roster of diverse male and female wrestlers, giving fans a new wrestling experience for the first time in 20 years. AEW is about more than wrestling. It's a movement fueled by fans. Focused on fast-paced, high-impact competitions, AEW offers fans more athleticism along with real sports analytics. Founded by President and CEO Tony Khan, AEW is headlined by Cody & Brandi Rhodes, Chris Jericho, Jon Moxley, The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson), Kenny Omega and Hangman Adam Page. The roster is also filled with incredibly skilled competitors including Nyla Rose, Awesome Kong, Dustin Rhodes, Jungle Boy, Dr. Britt Baker, MJF, Pac and SCU. In addition to being in-ring talent, Cody, The Young Bucks and Kenny Omega also serve as EVPs with Brandi Rhodes serving as Chief Brand Officer.

AEW_Logo__scaled_600.jpg

• Thanks 1

Hopefully these will be in scale with other current wrestling figures. I see many other wrestling lines have followed the Mattel scale and have similar features. I am really looking forward to this. Thank you for the heads up! Fingers crossed for MJF in series 1! 

Given Mattel's Elites are literally the greatest wrestling figures (or figures in general) ever made and have set a massive bar, Jazwares better raise it's game and match the scale and do a similar scaling system that Mattel does. One that no other companies does. 

I guess I wasn’t expecting AEW to get into the action figure business so soon but I’m also very intrigued. I’m hoping for a good line so I can get modern Jericho and finally have an Omega

A lot of potential with this line. I would have:

Elite Series 1

Chris Jericho

Kenny Omega

MJF

Riho

2Packs Series 1

Young Bucks

Lucha Brothers

Elite Series 2

Jon Moxley

Luchasaurus

Sammy Guevara

Hikaru Shida

2Packs Series 2

Santana & Ortiz

SCU

Elite Series 3

Cody Runnels

Adam Page

Dustin Runnels

Yuka Sakazaki

2Packs Series 3

Private Party

Blade & Butcher

If the main figures take off, they should do a Legends spinoff line.

Many people want these figures to be in scale with Mattel WWE, but it might not necessarily happen. New toylines or companies getting new licenses often want their products to be their own rather than piggybacking of existing lines, even if it alienates some collectors. Many people wanted McFarlane DC to be in scale with 6" DC Multiverse and Marvel Legends, but he went a different route with 7" figures.

• 2 weeks later...

Jazwares, a global leader in play, and All Elite Wrestling (AEW), the new professional wrestling league that is taking America by storm, are tag-teaming on AEW’s first line of action figures and role play collectibles. Featuring AEW World Champion Chris Jericho, Cody, The Young Bucks, Kenny Omega, Jon Moxley and more, the new AEW UNRIVALED line will be on display at Jazwares’ booth at Toy Fair New York on Feb. 22-26, and will hit retail later this year.

AEW UNRIVALED collectible action figures will boast 25 points of articulation, real 3d scanned likenesses and a variety of accessories and authentic ring wear. With multiple Waves per season, fans can collect the stars of TNT’s new, popular weekly show AEW DYNAMITE, including MJF, Darby Allin, Dr. Britt Baker, Brandi Rhodes, Hangman Page, Jurassic Express and many more.

Each Wave will include limited edition and rare variants to add chase and elation to every release. Other authentic items for Fall 2020 will include the AEW UNRIVALED: Action Ring to play-and-display UNRIVALED figures and the AEW World Championship Title Belt, with even more formats and innovations in development for future seasons.

“AEW has very quickly become one of the most provocative, engaging and relevant wrestling brands of all time. It is a league embraced by generations of fans and collectors in a genre with a huge appetite for authentic product,” said Jeremy Padawer, EVP / Partner Jazwares. “We plan to build out the kind of program that can appeal both to the display collector and also to younger fans who want a tangible way to play and interact with their heroes,” said Michael Rinzler, EVP / Partner Jazwares.

“When AEW launched just over a year ago, we couldn’t have imagined there would be a toy line this soon, featuring our wrestlers, making its debut at Toy Fair in New York City,” said Dana Massie, Chief Marketing and Merchandising Officer. “But, we’ve always known from the start that we have the greatest fans in the world, and we’re constantly looking for new ways to positively engage and connect with them in ways that matter. Our partnership with Jazwares ramps up our commitment to fan engagement, and we hope our fans will love the AEW action figures and collectibles representing the personalities who have become part of their lives each Wednesday on TNT, at our pay-per-view events and beyond.”

AEW_Chris_Jericho_Hero_0298.jpg

AEW_Cody_Rhodes_Hero_lights.jpg

AEW_Collectors_Ring_ActionShot-01.jpg

AEW_Kenny_Omega_Hero_lights.jpg

AEW_NYTF_Ex_Jumbo_Card_Front.jpg

AEW_Ring Group Shot_0996-black.jpg

AEW_Young_Bucks_Hero_0277.jpg

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, JayC said:

Jazwares, a global leader in play, and All Elite Wrestling (AEW), the new professional wrestling league that is taking America by storm, are tag-teaming on AEW’s first line of action figures and role play collectibles. Featuring AEW World Champion Chris Jericho, Cody, The Young Bucks, Kenny Omega, Jon Moxley and more, the new AEW UNRIVALED line will be on display at Jazwares’ booth at Toy Fair New York on Feb. 22-26, and will hit retail later this year.

AEW UNRIVALED collectible action figures will boast 25 points of articulation, real 3d scanned likenesses and a variety of accessories and authentic ring wear. With multiple Waves per season, fans can collect the stars of TNT’s new, popular weekly show AEW DYNAMITE, including MJF, Darby Allin, Dr. Britt Baker, Brandi Rhodes, Hangman Page, Jurassic Express and many more.

Each Wave will include limited edition and rare variants to add chase and elation to every release. Other authentic items for Fall 2020 will include the AEW UNRIVALED: Action Ring to play-and-display UNRIVALED figures and the AEW World Championship Title Belt, with even more formats and innovations in development for future seasons.

“AEW has very quickly become one of the most provocative, engaging and relevant wrestling brands of all time. It is a league embraced by generations of fans and collectors in a genre with a huge appetite for authentic product,” said Jeremy Padawer, EVP / Partner Jazwares. “We plan to build out the kind of program that can appeal both to the display collector and also to younger fans who want a tangible way to play and interact with their heroes,” said Michael Rinzler, EVP / Partner Jazwares.

“When AEW launched just over a year ago, we couldn’t have imagined there would be a toy line this soon, featuring our wrestlers, making its debut at Toy Fair in New York City,” said Dana Massie, Chief Marketing and Merchandising Officer. “But, we’ve always known from the start that we have the greatest fans in the world, and we’re constantly looking for new ways to positively engage and connect with them in ways that matter. Our partnership with Jazwares ramps up our commitment to fan engagement, and we hope our fans will love the AEW action figures and collectibles representing the personalities who have become part of their lives each Wednesday on TNT, at our pay-per-view events and beyond.”

They are looking good...

1 hour ago, JayC said:

This gives me more hopes for their halo line! I'm not into wrestling, but these sure look cool.

• Thanks 1

On 2/9/2020 at 2:20 PM, SubZero said:

Many people want these figures to be in scale with Mattel WWE, but it might not necessarily happen. New toylines or companies getting new licenses often want their products to be their own rather than piggybacking of existing lines, even if it alienates some collectors. Many people wanted McFarlane DC to be in scale with 6" DC Multiverse and Marvel Legends, but he went a different route with 7" figures.

Which is why I skipped on those McFarlane DCs and Anime figures. Looks like they are more in scale with DC Direct or Marvel Select which are not my favorites. I'm looking forward to the Bandai anime figures which are in the 6.5inch scale. 

If these figures are in scale with WWE I will be All in. But if not I'll have to pass. Can't have the Young Bucks be as tall or taller than the Undertaker.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RoddyDrama said:

Which is why I skipped on those McFarlane DCs and Anime figures. Looks like they are more in scale with DC Direct or Marvel Select which are not my favorites. I'm looking forward to the Bandai anime figures which are in the 6.5inch scale. 

If these figures are in scale with WWE I will be All in. But if not I'll have to pass. Can't have the Young Bucks be as tall or taller than the Undertaker.

Youre in luck. The AEW figures look to be in scale with Mattel WWE.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SubZero said:

Youre in luck. The AEW figures look to be in scale with Mattel WWE.

They very impressive... If this company is going to also produce GI Joe figures then I see really good merchandise coming up...