Mortal Kombat 11 Spawn 7" Figure Coming From McFarlane Toys

JayC

Earlier this month we broke the news that McFarlane Toys would be doing new 7" articulated Spawn figures this year, and now we have gotten word via the latest Diamond Distributor Previews solicitations that the first one of those figures seems to be coming in their Mortal Kombat 11 line.

For those not familiar with the game, starting on March 17, 2020 players will be able to select Spawn as one of the characters they can choose to fight with. See the teaser trailer for the game which features Spawn below.

With McFarlane Toys having the license to do Mortal Kombat 11 action figures and with Spawn being featured in the game, I guess it should come as no surprise that we will be getting a Mortal Kombat 11 version of Spawn in action figure form. The Previews solicitation unfortunately does not include any images of the figure, but my guess is we will see it on display next month during Toy Fair which kicks off on February 22.

Mortal-Kombat-11-Spawn.jpg

• Like 3

Hell Spawn Is a must for McFarlane Toys has got much better with their articulation I must say And Spawn is a badass comic and movie character love his origin

Can't wait to see how they do the figure, I'm barely still getting into Spawn but the hellish theme has always catched my eye so I'll wait to see what's the best they can do with a new Spawn figure.

Be interesting to see with the new articulation they are using how many different designs of Spawn we get. Honestly surprised we haven't had a dedicated Spawn line announced but then again Toy Fair is right around the corner. May be more excited for this years than I have been in years with all the potential stuff we could hear about / see.

This was pretty much a given since hes in the game and they are doing MK11 figures. That cross promotion and all that. But excited to see what comes of it all and how he turns out! hes my most anticipated for the game so it will be interesting to see what kind of look they go for him. 

54 minutes ago, RyanW said:

I can’t find the original listing anywhere.  All the other MK figures have been waves of 2.  Is this just Spawn by himself?

Lists it as wave 2

MORTAL KOMBAT WV2 SPAWN 7IN SCALE AF CS

IS there any hope at all McFarlane will give us a Shinnok figure? He's me favorite Mortal Kombat character, and while I would prefer one by Storm Collectibles, I don't see them getting around to Shinnok for a long long time (if at all)

22 hours ago, Asterix said:

IS there any hope at all McFarlane will give us a Shinnok figure? He's me favorite Mortal Kombat character, and while I would prefer one by Storm Collectibles, I don't see them getting around to Shinnok for a long long time (if at all)

Pretty doubtful and more chance of Storm doing him than McFarlane imo. Shinnok is a severed head in 11 and it seems hes mainly doing figures based on 11, at least for the time being. I would love to see what McF will do if he did the other MK iterations. 

I have the spawn figure from soul calibur 2 so its only right that I get the spawn from mortal kombat 11. XD he looks pretty good which I had no doubt of, McFarlane of course wants his pride and joy to look his best for his resurrection. 

Where I'm not familiar with Spawn outside of the 90's movie and a few random episodes of the cartoon, this looks awesome. I did a few searches but didn't find an answer, so would anyone be able to tell me the reason for the right foot design? Is it for more devastating kicks? 

Looks great. Going to take a look in person before I buy though. Love the character, love the idea of an articulated Spawn, eyes feel off to me. Can't judge till it's actually produced and in hand though. Either way looking forward to a full line of articulated Spawn figs and treating this like a test for them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JHS1988 said:

Where I'm not familiar with Spawn outside of the 90's movie and a few random episodes of the cartoon, this looks awesome. I did a few searches but didn't find an answer, so would anyone be able to tell me the reason for the right foot design? Is it for more devastating kicks? 

Its just designed that way. There was nothing int he comics or anything like that. Hes been shown without the clubby looking foot as well but that kind of became a staple to his design. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Its just designed that way. There was nothing int he comics or anything like that. Hes been shown without the clubby looking foot as well but that kind of became a staple to his design. 

Spawn #32 introduced the right foot/ankle/calf armor the previous poster asked about.

• Like 1