McFarlane Toys 7" DC Multiverse Arkham Asylum Joker Video Game Figure?!? UPDATE Wonder Woman

JayC

Thanks to a listing showing up on Walmart's website, it looks like we have word of another new 7" DC Multiverse figure in the works from McFarlane Toys. While there are no images, the listing tells us it will be a figure based on The Joker from the Arkham Asylum video game series, presumably the first game. The figure is up for pre-order on the website and is listed with a May 14 release date. Stay-tuned for more details on this as they become available.

Arkham-Asylum-Joker.jpg

Walmart-Arkham-Asylum-Joker-Listing.jpg

UPDATE: Thanks to a heads up from Jason there are also listings for a 7" Wonder Woman (Gold Edition) figure as well as a regular 7" Wonder Woman. Like with Joker, there are no images and these two appear to only show up on the Walmart app. The release date for the two Wonder Woman figures is 5/25/20, but we have no idea how accurate those are. The Gold Wonder Woman could be a reference to a figure based on the upcoming new Wonder Woman movie.

wonder_woman_nineteen_eighty_four_xlg__scaled_600.jpg

It's quit possible both Wonder Woman figures will be movie based. Likely more details will come to light during Toy Fair next month if not sooner.

Definitely in for an Arkham Joker, one of my favorite games of all time.  Also not sure about that release date for Walmart, I initially preordered all the Bat McFarlane figs on Walmart's app but when their ship date stayed in February whilst other sites say this week, I canceled and reordered all on another site.  

• Like 1

DC Direct Joker was an Awesome figure imo, I think it’s gonna be tough for McFarlane to top, maybe only in articulation department can they really make a superior figure. I wish they would do comic Wonder Woman too that would be really interesting to see. 

Interested in the Gold Wonder Woman, movie influenced no doubt. Would really love a classic inspired version as well and dare I say a Linda Carter likeness version but seeing as Mattel did a version recently I'm not going to expect that to happen.

• 4 weeks later...

You know, until we started talking about this winged gold armor Wonder Woman figure I didn’t even realize that it’s Gal Gadot in that armor at the end of the trailer.  I presumed it was a tease for a Hawkgirl appearance.  Now I need to rewatch the trailer again and look more closely at the face I guess.  

Not having that be Hawkgirl in the movie though has me a little disappointed.  Hawkman and Hawkgirl are overdue for a theatrical movie and I was hoping this was something getting set up by an ‘80s cameo.  

On 2/24/2020 at 5:55 PM, InspectorZartan said:

You know, until we started talking about this winged gold armor Wonder Woman figure I didn’t even realize that it’s Gal Gadot in that armor at the end of the trailer.  I presumed it was a tease for a Hawkgirl appearance.  Now I need to rewatch the trailer again and look more closely at the face I guess.  

Not having that be Hawkgirl in the movie though has me a little disappointed.  Hawkman and Hawkgirl are overdue for a theatrical movie and I was hoping this was something getting set up by an ‘80s cameo.  

The gold winged Wonder Woman looks like a cross between Goldar and Scorpina from MMPR. It would make great custom fodder for a Hawkgirl too.

Not a huge fan of the likeness on the WW figures but the rest of the fig look solid. I'm down to pickup up the Arkham Bat and Joker. Fingers crossed they keep going down the list with all the different lines they started (BTAS, Arkham, Movies, Comics, etc) so that we have the prospect of completing a collection based on any single property they do figures for. I'm not 100% sold on the BTAS Batman but would be more likely to jump in on it if there was a good prospect of a full line from the property. Same with Arkham and the movies and comics, etc.