Warner Bros. Animation Developing 'Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge'

Outsiders

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge is the new animated movie being developed from Warner Bros. Animation based on the video game by Ed Boon and John Tobias.

The movie is being directed by Ethan Spaulding (Batman: Assault on Arkham, Justice League: Throne of Atlantis) from a script by Jeremy Adams (Supernatural, Teen Titans Go! vs. Teen Titans).

Joel McHale (Community) will voice Johnny Cage, while Jennifer Carpenter (Dexter) will voice star as Sonya Blade.  Additional voice cast will include Jordan Rodrigues as Lui Kang; Patrick Seitz as Scorpion and Hanzo Hasashi; Steve Blum as Sub-Zero; Artt Butler as Shang Tsung; Darin De Paul as Quan Chi; Robin Atkin Downes as Kano; David B. Mitchell as Raiden; Ike Amadi as Jax Briggs; Kevin Michael Richardson as Goro; Grey Griffin as Kitana and Satoshi Hasashi; and Fred Tatasciore as Demon Torturer.

Rick Morales (Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders, Batman vs. Two-Face) is producer and Jim Krieg (Batman: Gotham by Gaslight) is co-producer. The executive producer is Sam Register. NetherRealms' Ed Boon is creative consultant.

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge is scheduled for an early 2020 release.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

Mortal_Kombat_Legends_Scorpions_Revenge.jpg

• Like 1

Im always up for anything mortal kombat. Hopefully its not crap and maybe gives us something cool. I dont know about any of you but im looking forward to seeing my favorite character 'demon torturer' return to kombat! This will definitely be interesting. 

Cool, I like Joel McHale. I just hope his presence doesn't mean they're doing the thing as an over-the-top comedy.  I doubt they'd go that route with MK, but after what Disney has done to the MCU, it's a question I always have to ask.

I also hope its actually "animated" and not CGI. I hate that crap.

11 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

I used to like the Defenders of the Realm cartoon so I'll probably like this one especially if it's a bit more mature and incorporate more elements of the game. 

I used to LOVE that show back in the day when it aired... it did NOT age well. Still interesting for a diehard mk fan like myself but man Sonya was the worst! ITS KOMBAT TIME!   

• Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 3:25 AM, EvilHayato said:

I used to LOVE that show back in the day when it aired... it did NOT age well. Still interesting for a diehard mk fan like myself but man Sonya was the worst! ITS KOMBAT TIME!   

Yeah, there things that could have been better but I really loved how they expanded the mythology of the games. I have a lot of love for the Sub Zero/Smoke episode.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

Yeah, there things that could have been better but I really loved how they expanded the mythology of the games. I have a lot of love for the Sub Zero/Smoke episode.

Haha thats my favorite of the bunch as well. It was actually in the games that they were friends like that but I did like seeing him turn to a cyber after having such a close relationship and wanting to stay human. I wish they wouldnt have changed that in MK9 where instead of Smoke, they changed it to Sub zero to alter history. The overall show wasnt amazing but I loved it as a kid and still enjoy what it is as an adult. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Haha thats my favorite of the bunch as well. It was actually in the games that they were friends like that but I did like seeing him turn to a cyber after having such a close relationship and wanting to stay human. I wish they wouldnt have changed that in MK9 where instead of Smoke, they changed it to Sub zero to alter history. The overall show wasnt amazing but I loved it as a kid and still enjoy what it is as an adult. 

I really loved MK9's story but I didn't like that at all, I prefer Sub Zero as a human. Talking about this makes me realize I need to catch up with the Mortal Kombat games haven't played one since 9.

20 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

I really loved MK9's story but I didn't like that at all, I prefer Sub Zero as a human. Talking about this makes me realize I need to catch up with the Mortal Kombat games haven't played one since 9.

So in my opinion, MK9 was the truest of the newest games. It was nice because it was a retelling of the first 3 games which were always my favorite, with lore and characters. MKX is pretty good but some of the new stuff they introduce is not as good like the new characters they bring in... aka the new class. MK11 is fun but the overall game has now changed tremendously and isnt as fun to play. The designs arent really my favorite either but its not bad. 9 just felt like a nice fresh take on what I already loved in the originals. They all have a pretty robust story mode as well but 9 was the only one i didnt mind replaying. 

• Like 1