The Top 15 DC Multiverse Big Character Action Figures We Might See From McFarlane Toys

JayC

If you caught our interview with Todd McFarlane last week, then you probably heard him talk about his plans for releasing BIG characters from the DC Comic Universe in action figure form for his new DC Multiverse line. How he plans on essentially doing away with the Build-A-Figure concept and just releasing those types of characters on single packaging. You may have even heard him mentioning how they were already working on one of those such figures, and had an idea of around 12 characters in mind already for this kind of treatment.

Because of that I thought it would be fun to put together a list of the Top 15 characters I think would work well for this type of thing. Bane and Solomon Grundy were just two names bantered about during the interview which we have included in this list, but of course there are easily more than 15 characters in the DC Universe who could be considered. So after reading my list be sure to share your own thoughts about who you would want to see done in the future down below in the COMMENTS SECTION.

15) Knightfall Batman
Knightfall-Batman__scaled_600.jpg

In all honesty this one is probably a little to small to fit in with the type of characters we are really talking about here. While he should be a little bigger than a regular Batman, we think there are plenty of more sizeable characters out there to be done. Honestly he is on the list only because I would really love to see this version of Batman done by McFarlane, so I slipped him in at number 15.

14) Metallo
Metallo__scaled_600.jpg

This is one of those characters that could go either way. At times he has been portrayed at just normal human size and at other he has been given a really big cyborg type body. Obviously if done as a big character I would want to see the bigger cyborg type body, but honestly I would also be happy with just a normal sized figure of him. Because of that I have him coming in at number 14.

13) Apache Chief
Apache-Chief__scaled_600.jpg

Probably best known for his appearances in the Super Friends cartoons back in the 80's. This is a character that can change his size at will and is sometimes big and sometimes normal size. While I don't think we could see a 12"+ size version of him done, I think one that stands around 9-10" tall would be cool.

12) Gigantor
Giganta__scaled_600.jpg

Everything I just said about Apache Chief can also be applied to Gigantor. The only reason she is a little higher on the list is because I think she has been used a bit more in the comics over the years than he has.

11) King Shark
King-Shark__scaled_600.jpg

King Shark is a pretty cool looking big character, and thanks to his recent appearances on the CW Flash series has had a lot of exposure to the general public. This is one among others on the list that Mattel did fairly recently before losing the license, and in all honesty did it pretty good. Because of that I'm not sure people are ready for another figure of this guy quit so soon.

10) Solomon Grundy
Solomon-Grundy__scaled_600.jpg

This is a name Todd actually threw out there himself in our interview. I'm not sure if that was a hint or just the first name that came to mind. Either way Grundy is a guy who might not be as interesting looking as some, but a popular enough character I hope to see him soon.

09) Bane
Bane__scaled_600.jpg

Bane was another name brought up in the interview, now granted I am the one that first brought him up and not Todd. Never-the-less everyone knows Bane, and I think a really big one that can take Batman and break his back would be really cool to see.

08) Killer Croc
Killer-Croc__scaled_600.jpg

Croc like King Shark is another character Mattel recently did, and while not bad I think could definitely be improved upon. For that reason I have him coming in at number 8.

07) Kaliback
Kalibak__scaled_600.jpg

Being one of Darkseid's lackeys and a really big dude makes him a must for many. I also think if done well could look really really cool. Because of that I have him coming in at number 7.

06) Clayface
Clayface__scaled_600.jpg

Clayface like King Shark and Killer Croc is another character Mattel recently did and did really well. He is higher on the list however because he is such a cool and well known character, and I think Todd should give it a go. I don't know if they will be able to top the Mattel one which was sculpted by the Four Horsemen, but I would love to see him try.

05) Doomsday
Doomsday__scaled_600.jpg

Besides Lex Luthor, its hard to think of a villain more fitting to go up against Superman than Doomsday. Doomsday has had many action figures based on him done over the years, but I think McFarlane might be able to give us the best version yet with all that bone.

04) Gorilla Grodd
Gorilla-Grodd__scaled_600.jpg

One of the Flash's major bad guys, and who doesn't love a big oversized ape?

03) Swamp Thing
Swamp-Thing__scaled_600.jpg

Swamp Thing has shown up in movies, TV shows and cartoons. There are few out there I think who don't recognize the name Swamp Thing. Even though his latest TV series was very short-lived, I think he is very much deserving of a new and big action figure. Lets hope McFarlane makes it happen.

02) Green Lantern Kilowog
Kilowog__scaled_600.jpg

I think its probably a safe assumption that over the course of the first 3 years McFarlane has this license we will end up seeing many versions of Green Lantern done. Who doesn't want to build up their Green Lantern Corps? With that said, one of the best known Green Lantern Corps members outside the ones that reside on Earth I think is Kilowog. So who better to get the big figure treatment?

01) Darkseid
Darkseid__scaled_600.jpg

Ok well there is probably one character out there who is better deserving for the big figure treatment, and that's DC's number 1 bad guys Darkseid. You know he is coming and probably soon, so that is why I have him as my number 1 pick.

Metallo.jpg

Knightfall-Batman.jpg

Solomon-Grundy.jpg

Giganta.jpg

Gorilla-Grodd.jpg

Apache-Chief.jpg

Kalibak.jpg

Kilowog.jpg

Swamp-Thing.jpg

King-Shark.jpg

Clayface.jpg

Killer-Croc.jpg

Doomsday.jpg

Bane.jpg

Darkseid.jpg

• Like 2

My picks would be Killer Croc, Bane, Clayface, Solomon Grundy and Doomsday so far, but my best pick would likely be Killer croc

22 hours ago, Neovorticism2 said:

Good list, I don't know if this guy could fit in the category but I'll say Man Bat, Batman Devastator, the Antimonitor and Mongul would also fit in the category.

Man-Bat and Mongul I thing def would. You could do a larger size antimonitor but not like a 12" tall one. Not familiar with Devastator. At one point I had Man-Bat on my list.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, elongatedman said:

i want to see lobo    atom smasher  Parasite   big  barda    Anti-Monitor    and  hopefully   the new   character  from   scott snyder  run Perpetua

Lobo is another good one. Would be sweet if they could do Lobo with his Bike maybe as a figure/vehicle offering.

• Like 1

Knightfall Batman is something I hope we get sooner than later, either big or regular sized AzBats.  There are a few designs they could go with, as Azrael updated his Batman costume a few times during that run.  I also want Bane and Darkseid as I never obtained either BAF during the previous era.  Man-Bat I do have, but I'm definitely up for a new version as well.