The CW Orders 'Superman & Lois' To Series

Outsiders

Arrow ends and Superman & Lois begins.  The CW has officially ordered 'Superman & Lois' to series.

The network announced that the new series, headlined by Tyler Hoechlin and Elizabeth Tulloch, has been ordered to series for the 2020-21 TV season to join the recently renewed The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, Batwoman and Black Lightning.  No information if the backdoor Arrow spinoff pilot episode, 'Green Arrow and the Canaries' has been ordered to series.  This episode will air on Tuesday, January 21st.

The Superman & Lois series will be filming its first episode this spring and follows “the world’s most famous superhero and comic books’ most famous journalist” as they deal with all the stress, pressures and complexities that come with being working parents in today’s society.

Based on the characters from DC created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, the pilot will be written and executive-produced by Todd Helbing (The Flash), Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and Geoff Johns will also serve as EPs on the project from Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.

Source: TVLine

Personally this is not my favorite rendition of Superman, he's too small, and not a great presence in the costume. Lois looks okay, I liked her on the old show Grimm. I think making them parents in the series will add enough flavor to keep this going for a while, but only if the stories are decent. On the other hand, we haven't seen the first episode yet and I already like it more than Supergirl.

I can't help it. Just the thought of a new Superman TV show (that actually features SUPERMAN) just fills me with renewed faith in superhero TV series'. The fact Batwoman came out and proved that Berlanti CAN still do a show that doesn't suck just makes it even sweeter.

4 hours ago, elongatedman said:
They better give Tyler some material to work with...because he is great 

Despite what I said, I wouldn't get my hopes to high. Just going by their scenes in the Crisis crossover, I expect Supergirl will continue to get the meat of the serious plot-lines while Superman and Lois will probably lean closer to Legends, in tone, than any of us are comfortable with. The best we can probably hope for is they take their cues from Lois and Clark, giving us another action rom/com as opposed to a bad costume sitcom.

Just keep the faith.

This could work, with WB seemingly not knowing what to do with Superman in the DCEU, might as well throw them in the TV department. I like Tyler Hoechlin in the role, physically he may not scream Superman but he hits the characters traits very well, imo. I haven't seen this new Lois Lane in action since I stopped watching the Arrowverse about a year and a half ago but hopefully she's good in the role. I used to watch Lois & Clark back in the day and to this day I still think Teri Hatcher was a fantastic Lois Lane, so if this is half as good as that then it should be good. In all of honesty this sounds more interesting than Stargirl and the Arrow spinoff.

52 minutes ago, Belmont13 said:

This could work, with WB seemingly not knowing what to do with Superman in the DCEU, might as well throw them in the TV department. I like Tyler Hoechlin in the role, physically he may not scream Superman but he hits the characters traits very well, imo. I haven't seen this new Lois Lane in action since I stopped watching the Arrowverse about a year and a half ago but hopefully she's good in the role. I used to watch Lois & Clark back in the day and to this day I still think Teri Hatcher was a fantastic Lois Lane, so if this is half as good as that then it should be good. In all of honesty this sounds more interesting than Stargirl and the Arrow spinoff.

Yeah, Teri was definitely in the top 3 Loises in my book. The only thing I couldn't take was when she would bust out that high-pitched whiney "Supermaaaaan" scream.  Erica Durance will always be my favorite, that won't ever change. She hit that perfect balance of damsel-in-distress and balls to the wall tough ckick you need in a modern Lois. Noel Neill comes in a close second being the classic Lois, and you never forget your first (plus I have a soft-spot for red-heads). Hatcher brings up the rear.

This new Lois is really coming around for me, but I'll have to see her in action before I can make a final judgement.