1989 Batman One:12 Collective Michael Keaton Batman Coming Soon From Mezco

JayC

5 hours ago, JayC said:

Some of the best figures in this line have ended up being released as some type of limited exclusive. Frankly I really get tired of all these toy manufactures trying to sell directly to the consumer. They should be working with the online etailers like a BBTS more to get their product out, not try and cut them out.  You squeeze out the small etailers who have dedicated themselves to selling these things and you might as well put the writing on the wall for this hobby.

IF the manufacturer's websites could handle the sales, I'd prefer it to be this way. But currently, NO.

Imagine if the consumer could get anywhere closer to the wholesale price, when purchasing each figure. I'm all for cutting out 1 more step of an extra mark-up in cost. I'm all for cutting out competing with scalpers in stores, employee's poor knowledge of the product, or the employee's unwillingness to help a customer get something that is sitting just behind the doors on a pallet.

What other option are we left with? Paying extra one way or another... buying online, ebay prices, etailer's marked up price, shipping charges for shopping online.

What if buying directly allowed you to pay less than retail price? Potentially coming up with a far less expensive shipping arrangement & still breaking even with current retail store prices.

For me the only problem with manufacturers selling directly, is that manufacturers so far have not been able to handle the amount of traffic on their website sales.

1 hour ago, Darth_Primus said:

I was able to preorder the figure without any problems.  Although, I seen a couple of online complaints/issues of people not be able to submit their order with Mezco's website.   So they just preordered with BBTS.

I'm not fully happy about this preorder because I haven't been a fan of the soft goods look on figures.   However, this Batman 89 looks like it's done very well.   I'm hoping the figure gets great reviews at Toy Fair so I can fill better about my preorder. 

Yeah, I had a really rough time getting the website to progress from page to page. Error'd out on a few occasions. Once I hit the 10min. mark, I was sure that I was done for. But somewhere around 15-20min. I got my order through.

The figure lasted a few hours at least. It's Sold Out now. Can't complain too much there. I seriously figured this would have been gone in 5 minutes.

1 minute ago, worldwarhulk said:

The figure lasted a few hours at least. It's Sold Out now. Can't complain too much there. I seriously figured this would have been gone in 5 minutes.

I thought so too, especially since they allowed people to order 6 at a time.  My guess is that alot of people were put off by the $110.00 price tag.

This is an extremely cool figure.  I'm glad people had a little bit of chance to get one instead of selling out immediately. 

I feel better about preordering the figure knowing it has sold out.  I would have a pretty good amount of regret if I passed on it.  

I have the Keaton Batman Returns Hot Toys version and this appears to have more range of motion that figure, as well as the 7" version that Neca made.   I'm weary of posing around my Neca Batman 89 figure because of breakage.   So, hopefully I won't have to worry about breakage with Mezco's version.   I mean, God forbid I actually want to play around with these toys. LOL

I'm also surprised it actually lasted some hours, you can still join the wait list and might get it.

I'm still pissed about the situation, but by some sort of miracle I managed to get one. Chose the BBTS route for several reasons including the NRD being just 15 bucks. In the end the difference will be just 20 something if you count their shipping that is very steep price.

The overall high price for me is not justified accessory wise. 

But this is so iconic that I really had to give this a shot. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, worldwarhulk said:

Imagine if the consumer could get anywhere closer to the wholesale price, when purchasing each figure. I'm all for cutting out 1 more step of an extra mark-up in cost. I'm all for cutting out competing with scalpers in stores, employee's poor knowledge of the product, or the employee's unwillingness to help a customer get something that is sitting just behind the doors on a pallet.

What other option are we left with? Paying extra one way or another... buying online, ebay prices, etailer's marked up price, shipping charges for shopping online.

What if buying directly allowed you to pay less than retail price? Potentially coming up with a far less expensive shipping arrangement & still breaking even with current retail store prices.

For me the only problem with manufacturers selling directly, is that manufacturers so far have not been able to handle the amount of traffic on their website sales.

But you don’t get wholesale prices. When you buy a Marvel Legends from say HasbroPulse as opposed to BBTS it’s still the same $20 price. When you buy Thundercats from super7 it’s the same price as BBTS charges. Yeah BBTS got a limited number of these and had to sell at a higher price, not because Mezco was selling it to us at wholesale but because BBTS had to pay the same price as you and me. These toy manufacturers  aren’t doing you any favors selling directly, they are cutting out the small etailers more and more it seems so they can retain more of the profit themselves. Meanwhile they buy no advertising for things like this, they expect that and use the fandom to get it for free. So that hurts sites like this. So in the end they are essentially killing off everything that has supported and kept this hobby growing and  going for so many years, at least that’s how I see it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

I know this is an older thread but I have news on the release date of the Batman One:12 figure. I emailed them last week about this and they emailed me back saying this should come out in February or March. Nothing more specific then that but it does help those of us, including myself, who have him on pre-order.

• 2 years later...

It looks like Mezco might actually be getting ready to ship out their 1989 Batman One:12 Collective Michael Keaton Batman figure to those who pre-ordered it back in January 2020. Today Mezco has started sending out emails to folks who pre-ordered letting them know it will be shipping out in the coming weeks and to make sure their payment info and mailing address are up to date. Being it's been three years since Mezco opened the pre-orders for this figure, its probably a good bet a lot of the orders will need to be updated.

Here is what the email that I got said:

"We will begin shipping the One:12 Collective Batman - 1989 Edition in the coming weeks and wanted to give you a heads up in case you need to make any updates to your order before we begin processing payments for this item.

It's critical that you log into your account and update the payment method on file for this specific order, regardless if the card information has changed. This refreshes the security token that is used to securely store your card. Please update your order as soon as possible to minimize payment issues when the process begins. If you placed your order using PayPal, no action is required.

You will receive a follow-up email in the coming days letting you know the date we will begin processing payments.

Thank you for your patience and continued support.

- Mezco Toyz Concierge "

• Thanks 1

What is this email I got from Mezco claiming an 89 Batman is about to ship?  What 89 Batman?  Did I preorder this and I just don't remember?  It's been so many years.......so many years.........They asked me update my payment info.  Yeah right.  I bet this is some scam because computer algorithms have told all the data thieves that I like 89 Batman.  I don't know if I'm falling for this one.  

It looks like Mezco might actually be getting ready to ship out their 1989 Batman One:12 Collective Michael Keaton Batman figure to those who pre-ordered it back in January 2020.  Mezco Toyz has sent our notice that orders for the ONE:12 COLLECTIVE 1989 Batman will begin processing on March 5th 2023.

I received 2 payment declined notification emails from Mezco today which is strange since I updated everything and tried calling them but got a busy signal. My order is still there and payment is pending so hopefully it'll go through. 

This is my first time ordering with Mezco. I'll find out how this turns out.

I demanded a refund for my “non refundable down payments” from pre ordering 2x Keaton Batman’s way back in Jan of 2020.  Canceled sometime late in 2021.  They reimbursed me after complaining the $55 in store credit for the down payment then used it on one of the two Keaton Batman I ordered yesterday when it finally came in stock.  Nice little customer service come up they should’ve already provided given its taken this thing 3 years to come out.

13 hours ago, 80sboy4 said:

I received 2 payment declined notification emails from Mezco today which is strange since I updated everything and tried calling them but got a busy signal. My order is still there and payment is pending so hopefully it'll go through. 

This is my first time ordering with Mezco. I'll find out how this turns out.

I, too, received two notifications of payment being declined, but my credit card company told me this morning that the transaction was indeed approved yesterday. So currently I'm trying to call Mezco customer service and getting nothing but busy signals. This my second time ordering from Mezco, and second time that it's a bit of a mess.😑

4 hours ago, SwordOfGreg said:

I, too, received two notifications of payment being declined, but my credit card company told me this morning that the transaction was indeed approved yesterday. So currently I'm trying to call Mezco customer service and getting nothing but busy signals. This my second time ordering from Mezco, and second time that it's a bit of a mess.😑

The charge was approved for me as well but weird how that seems to be happening to others. Hopefully Mezco ships this soon. After 3 years I have very high expectations for this.

I also got a payment decline email from Mezco yesterday morning. I called my credit card provider and they told me the charge went through without any problems. I emailed Mezco customer service about the payment decline email and they got back to me today letting me know my order did in fact go through.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been over a month since Mezco first sent out word that they would soon be shipping out their long-awaited 1989 Batman One:12 Collective Michael Keaton Batman figure, and now it looks like they might actually be starting to ship. Dj over on Reddit says his just showed up unexpectedly and has posted some of the first in-hand images of the figure.

I check my order on Mezco's website and it still just says processing, but hopefully they will be going out to everyone who pre-ordered one soon.89-Batman-08.thumb.jpg.2fc4645b7e792dc81edadeb11fb25add.jpg89-Batman-07.thumb.jpg.dc57b69aad24afc9f46f4c832ed46bec.jpg89-Batman-06.thumb.jpg.18ae34f4386a30df544c9df34f9ae322.jpg

89-Batman-00.jpg

89-Batman-01.jpg

89-Batman-12.thumb.jpg.e44f6bd288b9d24dba16c3a3e68a585e.jpg89-Batman-11.thumb.jpg.636eb7d4a3c5eaec6693ac86047c22f9.jpg89-Batman-10.thumb.jpg.150c845e14cc50e04bcda1559f0c26e5.jpg89-Batman-09.thumb.jpg.6cb44e1481eaf5b574467b6331aedb0c.jpg89-Batman-02.jpg

89-Batman-03.jpg

89-Batman-05.jpg

89-Batman-05.webp