1989 Batman One:12 Collective Michael Keaton Batman Coming Soon From Mezco

JayC

Mezco teases that their upcoming One:12 Collective Michael Keaton Batman figure will be going up for pre-order tomorrow. We first saw this figure on display last your during Toy Fair. Check back tomorrow for full details and images.

1989-Michael-Keaton-Batman-Teaser.Jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FASVB said:

Exclusive. My biggest fear.

I'm pissed

Instagram has been blowing up with complaints of the exclusivity. Hopefully it plays out like John Wick where even though it was exclusive it was available for a solid 3 days before it went to wait list. 

2 hours ago, Nickg253 said:

Instagram has been blowing up with complaints of the exclusivity. Hopefully it plays out like John Wick where even though it was exclusive it was available for a solid 3 days before it went to wait list. 

This is like the fourth time they do this.

Reveal an awesome figure once to never show it again and all of the sudden, it's an exclusive. Or take the most anticipated character or look of that character and do the same thing. To name a few, Tiger Stripe  Wolverine and Batman Beyond.  

To top it, they offer 6 pieces per household. Should be one or two at the most. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayC said:

This thing will likely sell out in 2 seconds.

I bet. Another dumb move by them. This will only make people pissed and will fuel the secondary scalper market that will instantly offer this for 400 bucks if not a thousand. 

Even worse, the stupid folk who pay this absurd price. Makes no sense at all for them to make this figure hard to get. If it was like a deluxe edition with special accessories and they released a simpler version with just the basic, it would still sell like crazy and most people would be happy about it. I know I would. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FASVB said:

I bet. Another dumb move by them. This will only make people pissed and will fuel the secondary scalper market that will instantly offer this for 400 bucks if not a thousand. 

Even worse, the stupid folk who pay this absurd price. Makes no sense at all for them to make this figure hard to get. If it was like a deluxe edition with special accessories and they released a simpler version with just the basic, it would still sell like crazy and most people would be happy about it. I know I would. 

Yeah a lot of things Mezco does makes little sense to me. I also would not be surprised because the site will get hammered all at the same time when it goes live that they don't have crashing issues to add to the frustration of it all.

1 hour ago, Belmont13 said:

Such a hassle, collecting these figures, glad I don't collect them. This sounds like another Punisher situation in the making, people were complaining about not being able to get that one all over Facebook.

Some of the best figures in this line have ended up being released as some type of limited exclusive. Frankly I really get tired of all these toy manufactures trying to sell directly to the consumer. They should be working with the online etailers like a BBTS more to get their product out, not try and cut them out.  You squeeze out the small etailers who have dedicated themselves to selling these things and you might as well put the writing on the wall for this hobby.

Mezco has up for pre-order their exclusive One:12 Collective Michael Keaton Batman figure which to our pleasant surprise has remained in stock for almost 2 hours now. Click here if you want to grab one for yourself.

“I want you to do me a favor. I want you to tell all your friends about me.”

Based on Tim Burton’s Academy Award winning film “Batman”, the Caped Crusader joins the One:12 Collective.

The One:12 Collective Batman – 1989 Edition features an all-new seamless body designed with an internal skeleton armature that is durable yet highly posable. Included are three cowled head portraits – one with movable eyes, achieving a new level of realism for the One:12 Collective.

Batman is outfitted in his iconic Batsuit from the film which features advanced body armor – strong enough to deflect bullets and break fists. A magnet in his collar allows him to switch between two leather-like capes – one with an integrated posing wire and one that drapes freely. The bat insignia sits front and center as a reminder to those that cross his path.

The dark vigilante comes prepared to protect Gotham City with a vast array of film accessories, as well as some unused designs, including: a gauntlet that attaches to his forearm and rotates open, a speargun that attaches to his utility belt via a magnet, multiple batarangs, and a time bomb.

After witnessing the senseless murder of his parents at the hands of a criminal, Bruce Wayne becomes Batman to rid Gotham City of crime and corruption.

THE ONE:12 COLLECTIVE BATMAN FIGURE FEATURES:
All-New One:12 Collective body with seamless armor and hidden articulation
Three (3) head portraits including one with posable eyes
Hand painted authentic detailing
Approximately 17cm tall
Eight (8) interchangeable hands
One (1) pair of fists (L&R)
One (1) pair of posing hands (L&R)
One (1) pair of Batarang holding hands (L&R)
One (1) pair of gun holding hands (L&R)

COSTUME:
Cowled head
Bat insignia
Leather-like cape
Batsuit with body armor
Wrist gauntlets
SAP gloves
Utility belt
Shin armor
Tactical boots

ACCESSORIES:
One (1) speargun with hook
One (1) speargun with hook and wire
One (1) collapsed speargun
One (1) gauntlet
Four (4) batarangs
One (1) batarang with posing wire
One (1) time bomb
One (1) One:12 Collective display base with logo
One (1) One:12 Collective adjustable display post

Each One:12 Collective Batman – 1989 Edition figure is packaged in a collector friendly box, designed with collectors in mind.

One12-Michael-Keaton-Batman-01.Jpg

One12-Michael-Keaton-Batman-02.Jpg

One12-Michael-Keaton-Batman-03.Jpg

One12-Michael-Keaton-Batman-04.Jpg

One12-Michael-Keaton-Batman-05.Jpg

One12-Michael-Keaton-Batman-06.Jpg

One12-Michael-Keaton-Batman-07.Jpg

One12-Michael-Keaton-Batman-08.Jpg

One12-Michael-Keaton-Batman-09.Jpg

One12-Michael-Keaton-Batman-10.Jpg

• Like 1

I was able to preorder the figure without any problems.  Although, I seen a couple of online complaints/issues of people not be able to submit their order with Mezco's website.   So they just preordered with BBTS.

I'm not fully happy about this preorder because I haven't been a fan of the soft goods look on figures.   However, this Batman 89 looks like it's done very well.   I'm hoping the figure gets great reviews at Toy Fair so I can fill better about my preorder. 

33 minutes ago, Darth_Primus said:

I was able to preorder the figure without any problems.  Although, I seen a couple of online complaints/issues of people not be able to submit their order with Mezco's website. 

Yeah I pre-ordered and had no issues. One of my smoothest transactions on that site.

35 minutes ago, Darth_Primus said:

I'm not fully happy about this preorder because I haven't been a fan of the soft goods look on figures.   However, this Batman 89 looks like it's done very well.   I'm hoping the figure gets great reviews at Toy Fair so I can fill better about my preorder. 

I have to say I am overall not a fan of the soft-goods either but I saw this one in person last year at Toy Fair and these images actually look a little better than when I saw it then. I think its def better than the NECA one.

1 minute ago, JayC said:

I have to say I am overall not a fan of the soft-goods either but I saw this one in person last year at Toy Fair and these images actually look a little better than when I saw it then. I think its def better than the NECA one.

I should say NECA's 7" one. The 18" one was probably as good as this.

On 1/14/2020 at 11:30 AM, Sprunt said:

Not huge on cloth figures but this looks like one of the few I may make an exception for. 

Same here. Typically not into cloth with figures. Sometimes a cape or cloak is ok. But this one was a must have. Most of Mezco ONE:12 is a pass for me. But there are a handful of gems out there. This will be my 5th ONE:12 figure. So far I've been mostly happy with the ones I've gotten. My SDCC Moon Knight did split the stitching in the crotch though.