Sign in to follow this  
3dzipguy

Highly Articulated 3D printed ZIPTIE Action figure

Hello! 

Meet ZIPGUY! The  3D printed action figure that is assembled using zip ties. I call this sytem ZIPJOINTS. 

I guess the most unique thing about this figure, aside it being assembled with zipties, is it's upgradable / updatable modular design. This action figure evolves as new improvements are developed. You can swap out parts for new and improved versions. My personal upgrade so far is Batman Beyond and its retractable wings. 
You can print it at 1/12 (6.5in) scale up to 1/6, or maybe even bigger. And if the joints become loose, simply swap out the zipties with fresh new ones and its tight again!

I hope that someday, I would be able to mass produce this figure and have it as a DIY kit. But right now, I'm just happy playing with ZIPGUY and making comicbook characters the way I want them to look like. Thanks for your time.

I hope you like it. :)

Oh by the way, ZIPGAL is almost done. :D

ZIP_GUYS_FIGURE_CYCLOPS-01.jpg

ZIP_GUYS_FIGURE_CYCLOPS-02.jpg

ZIP_GUYS_FIGURE_CYCLOPS-03.jpg

ZIP GUYS FIGURE_CYCLOPS-04.jpg

ZIP GUYS FIGURE_DEVILGUY-01.jpg

ZIP GUYS FIGURE_DEVILGUY-04.jpg

ZIP GUYS FIGURE_DEVILGUY-05 copy.jpg

ZIP GUYS FIGURE_DEVILGUY-05.jpg

ZIP_GUYS_FIGURE-01.jpg

ZIP_GUYS_FIGURE-02.jpg

ZIP_GUYS_FIGURE-04.jpg

ZIP GUYS FIGURE_BATMAN BEYOND-34.jpg

ZIP GUYS FIGURE_BATMAN BEYOND-35.jpg

ZIP GUYS FIGURE_BATMAN BEYOND-36.jpg

ZIP GUYS FIGURE_BATMAN BEYOND-37.jpg

ZIP GUYS FIGURE_BATMAN BEYOND-38.jpg

ZIP GUYS FIGURE_ZIPTRUVIAN.jpg

ZIP_GUYS_FIGURE-06.jpg

ZIP_GUYS_FIGURE-07.jpg

ZIP_GUYS_FIGURE-08.jpg

ZIP_GUYS_FIGURE-09.jpg

ZIP_GUYS_FIGURE-17.jpg

ZIP GUYS FIGURE-19.jpg

• Like 1

Awesome. 3D printing technology is going to change the game.

• Like 1

Those are really cool. Sorry if this was somewhere I did t see but is it a special type of ziptie? Hard to see on the actual figures. 

This is mind blowing. I have never payed much attention to this technology but between a coworker show me some of the d&d minis he has been printing I’m impressed . I had no idea how good 3D printing was. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JHS1988 said:

Those are really cool. Sorry if this was somewhere I did t see but is it a special type of ziptie? Hard to see on the actual figures. 

This is mind blowing. I have never payed much attention to this technology but between a coworker show me some of the d&d minis he has been printing I’m impressed . I had no idea how good 3D printing was. 

Thanks man.The tech is really getting better almost everyday.

And yeah, just regular nylon zip ties. Nothing fancy. It's good that you can't see them, because that's actually the goal. :D

Wow, congrats on a great design and custom here sir. All of these look excellent especially the Batman Beyond and the Daredevil. I really like the way the open hands look with the fingers. Hope this takes off in a big way.

• Like 1