Jump to content
JayC

Could 2020 Be The Year We See 6" G.I. Joe Figures From Hasbro?

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, JayC said:

I think in their height both GIJoe and Star Wars did much better as smaller scale lines because the vehicles where every bit as much a part of those lines as the figures where. The problem is, in today's world vehicles don't sell like they once did. For collectors the main reason being price and space. For kids and parents its mainly price. So when you remove the vehicles from the equation that does tend to make the larger 6" figures more appealing IMO. They display better on shelves, they have more detail and you can do more with them.

That's true but the playsets and vehicles is what made the line very appealing to fans like Star Wars did and continue doing...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I prefer 6 inch just so it can fit better with everything else I have.  My highly requested characters include Duke, Lady Jaye, Destro, Sargent Slaughter, Cobra Commander, The Baroness, Beachhead, Low Light, Shipwreck, Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow  &  Nemesis Enforcer. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s about damn time we got 6 inch GI Joe figures,  even if you aren’t fan at very least  we gonna get line that will serve as soldiers, henchmen and civilians to Marvel legends line.  

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SpiderS said:

It’s about damn time we got 6 inch GI Joe figures,  even if you aren’t fan at very least  we gonna get line that will serve as soldiers, henchmen and civilians to Marvel legends line.  

You can always use Hydra 2pack guys as henchmen and soldiers and the DC Multiverse Batman vs Superman Lex Luthor as a civilian. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd definitely be into a 6" line but also agree it would be hard to scale vehicles but could you imagine a 1:12 carrier?!? Epic! 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Nickg253 said:

I'd definitely be into a 6" line but also agree it would be hard to scale vehicles but could you imagine a 1:12 carrier?!? Epic! 

Proper 1:12 would be about 90 feet long, but Hasbro could probably get away with 20 feet. 😝

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Satam said:

Proper 1:12 would be about 90 feet long, but Hasbro could probably get away with 20 feet. 😝

Maybe not a carrier, but I could see them pulling of an F16 or a tank at least! (Still in dreamland about this).

If they ever did do a 6" GI Joe line with vehicles, and it sold moderately well... they may take a leap of faith with SW and ML. Maybe.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, memocromatico said:

Maybe not a carrier, but I could see them pulling of an F16 or a tank at least! (Still in dreamland about this).

If they ever did do a 6" GI Joe line with vehicles, and it sold moderately well... they may take a leap of faith with SW and ML. Maybe.

An F-16 in 1/12 would be 4 feet, but they could maybe fudge that to 3 feet or even 2.5 for Haslab.  An Abrams tank would be almost 3 feet, but I could see them making one that was 2 feet long.  It would still have to be a Haslab thing at that size.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Satam said:

An F-16 in 1/12 would be 4 feet, but they could maybe fudge that to 3 feet or even 2.5 for Haslab.  An Abrams tank would be almost 3 feet, but I could see them making one that was 2 feet long.  It would still have to be a Haslab thing at that size.

Look at how hard the TF Unicron and even SW Skiff were to get fully funded and those are much stronger lines than GIJoe overall. I don't see Hasbro trying to do some huge GIJoe vehicle for Haslab anytime soon or honestly ever.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JayC said:

Look at how hard the TF Unicron and even SW Skiff were to get fully funded and those are much stronger lines than GIJoe overall. I don't see Hasbro trying to do some huge GIJoe vehicle for Haslab anytime soon or honestly ever.

It's all hypothetical.  I don't think it's gonna happen, either. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, JayC said:

Look at how hard the TF Unicron and even SW Skiff were to get fully funded and those are much stronger lines than GIJoe overall. I don't see Hasbro trying to do some huge GIJoe vehicle for Haslab anytime soon or honestly ever.

Sad but true...😫

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've been throwing some hints out to you guys recently but looks like the cat might be out of the bag thanks to some etailer reports that have hit the net indicating that Hasbro will be launching a new line of 6" G.I. Joe figures later this year called G.I. Joe Classified.

News came down last week that the new G.I. Joe Origins Snake-Eyes movie had begun production over in Japan and was on track for it's late October release date which in it's own right was a clear cut sign G.I. Joe toys would be returning to shelves this year.

Based on the leaked list the first wave of figures will include Snake-Eyes, Duke, Destro, Scalret and Roadblock. This however is not confirmed by Hasbro so you may want to take the list as with a grain of salt for now.

We have been hearing ramblings for these for some time now and based on our intel these will be figures done in similar style to other Hasbro 6" lines such as Lightning Collection and Black Series with a price of around $20. The figures should be available for anyone who wishes to carry them though we don't know if the big box retailers are on board with them or if these will mainly be carried online.

It's also been unclear to us on whether we would see any announcements for G.I. Joe made next month at Toy Fair or if Hasbro would wait closer to the movies release and reveal all at SDCC. With listings showing up for etailers already, that is a pretty good indication things are moving forward now and Hasbro will have something to show us at Toy Fair which kicks off on Saturday February 22. We will be sure to update you as more details on these become available.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, JayC said:

We've been throwing some hints out to you guys recently but looks like the cat might be out of the bag thanks to some etailer reports that have hit the net indicating that Hasbro will be launching a new line of 6" G.I. Joe figures later this year called G.I. Joe Classified.

News came down last week that the new G.I. Joe Origins Snake-Eyes movie had begun production over in Japan and was on track for it's late October release date which in it's own right was a clear cut sign G.I. Joe toys would be returning to shelves this year.

Based on the leaked list the first wave of figures will include Snake-Eyes, Duke, Destro, Scalret and Roadblock. This however is not confirmed by Hasbro so you may want to take the list as with a grain of salt for now.

We have been hearing ramblings for these for some time now and based on our intel these will be figures done in similar style to other Hasbro 6" lines such as Lightning Collection and Black Series with a price of around $20. The figures should be available for anyone who wishes to carry them though we don't know if the big box retailers are on board with them or if these will mainly be carried online.

It's also been unclear to us on whether we would see any announcements for G.I. Joe made next month at Toy Fair or if Hasbro would wait closer to the movies release and reveal all at SDCC. With listings showing up for etailers already, that is a pretty good indication things are moving forward now and Hasbro will have something to show us at Toy Fair which kicks off on Saturday February 22. We will be sure to update you as more details on these become available.

Wow, those a great news... I'm not sold out in a 6" line but I will see how the figures are done before making my mind...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure I like the $20 price tag considering they own the license. Unless it includes a bum load of accessories like their 3,75 lines do in which case fine. But I hope that first wave is true it's solid AF

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'll be nice to see Joe back on store shelves, but I'll remain cautiously optimistic until I actually see them. G.I. Joe traveled a long and rocky road in those waning years, leaving a lot of questions for any subsequent lines. Will it be a full release or retailer exclusive (we already know Walmart doesn't like G.I. Joe). If an exclusive, will we actually be able to find it at that retailer? Will the line suck like that last movie line? Will the line be at all recognizable as the characters we know and love? Will there be some kind of vehicle presence? Vehicles have always been an important staple of Joe, if you don't make an allowance for that, what's the point? What about rumors of a Jazwares line? Is any of this actually happening?

Lotta questions. Of course if any of them end in an actual return of G.I. Joe, I'll book that trip.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last Ultimate line for the 3 3/4 figures was the best in years with the articulation for the small scale. I really hope we get a line like that for the new movie which will include a lot of ninjas! I will be passing on the 6 inch figures as most of my collection is 3 3/4.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 inches ah?, what a surprise, well I think it could not be otherwise, so no problem, but I would like to know what Hasbro's plans are, how the line will be handled and sold, before deciding if I am sold or not, although seeing in retrospect how the Lightning Collection was handled last year I prefer not to make plans yet, since I cannot help thinking that Hasbro is going to take characters like say Serpentor or B. A.T. and sell them as exclusives, what a headache, that ruins everything for me. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Def looks like we will see something for GIjoe at Toy Fair as they are listing it as one of the brands for their Toy Fair event which will take place next month on February 22.

unnamed.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won't be able to pass up Snake Eyes in 6 inch from and neither Storm Shadow.   I feel like you can bet the farm that there will be a Storm Shadow figure.   Snake Eyes and Scarlet will be my gateway drug figures to this line.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JayC said:

Def looks like we will see something for GIjoe at Toy Fair as they are listing it as one of the brands for their Toy Fair event which will take place next month on February 22.

unnamed.jpg

Wow, GI Joe is finally back in the Hasbro banner...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I'm sure Hasbro can just retool some of the Marvel Legends Ultimate Rider motorcycles so there can be a RAM (Rapid fire motorcycle).   Hasbro is just adding another few million dollars to their revenue with a GI Joe line, more so if it's a 6" line.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm interested to where this bit of news will go, hopefully something good. I'm not super interested in collecting another line whether it's 6" or 4", I would maybe pick up one or two here and there. Regardless, I hope it's something good for collectors and lifelong fans of the line.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Darth_Primus said:

Well, I'm sure Hasbro can just retool some of the Marvel Legends Ultimate Rider motorcycles so there can be a RAM (Rapid fire motorcycle).   Hasbro is just adding another few million dollars to their revenue with a GI Joe line, more so if it's a 6" line.

If the line did well I could see them doing some smaller type vehicles like a Ram or Mirage motorcycle. Maybe even a Cobra ATV.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JayC said:

If the line did well I could see them doing some smaller type vehicles like a Ram or Mirage motorcycle. Maybe even a Cobra ATV.

I really hope these figures are not like the smallest Joe's that are exactly like the original but smaller but in this case bigger. If that's the case I'll let them pass...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...





Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE