Could 2020 Be The Year We See 6" G.I. Joe Figures From Hasbro?

JayC

I prefer 6 inch just so it can fit better with everything else I have.  My highly requested characters include Duke, Lady Jaye, Destro, Sargent Slaughter, Cobra Commander, The Baroness, Beachhead, Low Light, Shipwreck, Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow  &  Nemesis Enforcer. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, SpiderS said:

It’s about damn time we got 6 inch GI Joe figures,  even if you aren’t fan at very least  we gonna get line that will serve as soldiers, henchmen and civilians to Marvel legends line.  

You can always use Hydra 2pack guys as henchmen and soldiers and the DC Multiverse Batman vs Superman Lex Luthor as a civilian. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Nickg253 said:

I'd definitely be into a 6" line but also agree it would be hard to scale vehicles but could you imagine a 1:12 carrier?!? Epic! 

Proper 1:12 would be about 90 feet long, but Hasbro could probably get away with 20 feet. 😝

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Satam said:

Proper 1:12 would be about 90 feet long, but Hasbro could probably get away with 20 feet. 😝

Maybe not a carrier, but I could see them pulling of an F16 or a tank at least! (Still in dreamland about this).

If they ever did do a 6" GI Joe line with vehicles, and it sold moderately well... they may take a leap of faith with SW and ML. Maybe.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, memocromatico said:

Maybe not a carrier, but I could see them pulling of an F16 or a tank at least! (Still in dreamland about this).

If they ever did do a 6" GI Joe line with vehicles, and it sold moderately well... they may take a leap of faith with SW and ML. Maybe.

An F-16 in 1/12 would be 4 feet, but they could maybe fudge that to 3 feet or even 2.5 for Haslab.  An Abrams tank would be almost 3 feet, but I could see them making one that was 2 feet long.  It would still have to be a Haslab thing at that size.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Satam said:

An F-16 in 1/12 would be 4 feet, but they could maybe fudge that to 3 feet or even 2.5 for Haslab.  An Abrams tank would be almost 3 feet, but I could see them making one that was 2 feet long.  It would still have to be a Haslab thing at that size.

Look at how hard the TF Unicron and even SW Skiff were to get fully funded and those are much stronger lines than GIJoe overall. I don't see Hasbro trying to do some huge GIJoe vehicle for Haslab anytime soon or honestly ever.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JayC said:

Look at how hard the TF Unicron and even SW Skiff were to get fully funded and those are much stronger lines than GIJoe overall. I don't see Hasbro trying to do some huge GIJoe vehicle for Haslab anytime soon or honestly ever.

It's all hypothetical.  I don't think it's gonna happen, either. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, JayC said:

Sad but true...😫

We've been throwing some hints out to you guys recently but looks like the cat might be out of the bag thanks to some etailer reports that have hit the net indicating that Hasbro will be launching a new line of 6" G.I. Joe figures later this year called G.I. Joe Classified.

News came down last week that the new G.I. Joe Origins Snake-Eyes movie had begun production over in Japan and was on track for it's late October release date which in it's own right was a clear cut sign G.I. Joe toys would be returning to shelves this year.

Based on the leaked list the first wave of figures will include Snake-Eyes, Duke, Destro, Scalret and Roadblock. This however is not confirmed by Hasbro so you may want to take the list as with a grain of salt for now.

We have been hearing ramblings for these for some time now and based on our intel these will be figures done in similar style to other Hasbro 6" lines such as Lightning Collection and Black Series with a price of around $20. The figures should be available for anyone who wishes to carry them though we don't know if the big box retailers are on board with them or if these will mainly be carried online.

It's also been unclear to us on whether we would see any announcements for G.I. Joe made next month at Toy Fair or if Hasbro would wait closer to the movies release and reveal all at SDCC. With listings showing up for etailers already, that is a pretty good indication things are moving forward now and Hasbro will have something to show us at Toy Fair which kicks off on Saturday February 22. We will be sure to update you as more details on these become available.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, JayC said:

We've been throwing some hints out to you guys recently but looks like the cat might be out of the bag thanks to some etailer reports that have hit the net indicating that Hasbro will be launching a new line of 6" G.I. Joe figures later this year called G.I. Joe Classified.

News came down last week that the new G.I. Joe Origins Snake-Eyes movie had begun production over in Japan and was on track for it's late October release date which in it's own right was a clear cut sign G.I. Joe toys would be returning to shelves this year.

Based on the leaked list the first wave of figures will include Snake-Eyes, Duke, Destro, Scalret and Roadblock. This however is not confirmed by Hasbro so you may want to take the list as with a grain of salt for now.

We have been hearing ramblings for these for some time now and based on our intel these will be figures done in similar style to other Hasbro 6" lines such as Lightning Collection and Black Series with a price of around $20. The figures should be available for anyone who wishes to carry them though we don't know if the big box retailers are on board with them or if these will mainly be carried online.

It's also been unclear to us on whether we would see any announcements for G.I. Joe made next month at Toy Fair or if Hasbro would wait closer to the movies release and reveal all at SDCC. With listings showing up for etailers already, that is a pretty good indication things are moving forward now and Hasbro will have something to show us at Toy Fair which kicks off on Saturday February 22. We will be sure to update you as more details on these become available.

Wow, those a great news... I'm not sold out in a 6" line but I will see how the figures are done before making my mind...

It'll be nice to see Joe back on store shelves, but I'll remain cautiously optimistic until I actually see them. G.I. Joe traveled a long and rocky road in those waning years, leaving a lot of questions for any subsequent lines. Will it be a full release or retailer exclusive (we already know Walmart doesn't like G.I. Joe). If an exclusive, will we actually be able to find it at that retailer? Will the line suck like that last movie line? Will the line be at all recognizable as the characters we know and love? Will there be some kind of vehicle presence? Vehicles have always been an important staple of Joe, if you don't make an allowance for that, what's the point? What about rumors of a Jazwares line? Is any of this actually happening?

Lotta questions. Of course if any of them end in an actual return of G.I. Joe, I'll book that trip.

• Thanks 1

The last Ultimate line for the 3 3/4 figures was the best in years with the articulation for the small scale. I really hope we get a line like that for the new movie which will include a lot of ninjas! I will be passing on the 6 inch figures as most of my collection is 3 3/4.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Def looks like we will see something for GIjoe at Toy Fair as they are listing it as one of the brands for their Toy Fair event which will take place next month on February 22.

unnamed.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JayC said:

Def looks like we will see something for GIjoe at Toy Fair as they are listing it as one of the brands for their Toy Fair event which will take place next month on February 22.

unnamed.jpg

Wow, GI Joe is finally back in the Hasbro banner...

I'm interested to where this bit of news will go, hopefully something good. I'm not super interested in collecting another line whether it's 6" or 4", I would maybe pick up one or two here and there. Regardless, I hope it's something good for collectors and lifelong fans of the line.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Darth_Primus said:

Well, I'm sure Hasbro can just retool some of the Marvel Legends Ultimate Rider motorcycles so there can be a RAM (Rapid fire motorcycle).   Hasbro is just adding another few million dollars to their revenue with a GI Joe line, more so if it's a 6" line.

If the line did well I could see them doing some smaller type vehicles like a Ram or Mirage motorcycle. Maybe even a Cobra ATV.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JayC said:

If the line did well I could see them doing some smaller type vehicles like a Ram or Mirage motorcycle. Maybe even a Cobra ATV.

I really hope these figures are not like the smallest Joe's that are exactly like the original but smaller but in this case bigger. If that's the case I'll let them pass...

1 hour ago, Roadpigmaster said:

I really hope these figures are not like the smallest Joe's that are exactly like the original but smaller but in this case bigger. If that's the case I'll let them pass...

Not sure I followed that?

• Sad 1

On 1/5/2020 at 1:33 AM, THEAnimeHERO said:

I prefer 6 inch just so it can fit better with everything else I have.  My highly requested characters include Duke, Lady Jaye, Destro, Sargent Slaughter, Cobra Commander, The Baroness, Beachhead, Low Light, Shipwreck, Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow  &  Nemesis Enforcer. 

Not sure if Hasbro has the rights to Sgt Slaughter, but if the new GI Joe line is Star Wars Black 6" scale, you can use his Mattel wrestling figure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1