Super7 MOTU Coming To An End With Battle Cat and Panthor ReAction Figures

JayC

With Mattel gearing up to release new Masters of the Universe products in 2020, it shoudn't come as much of a surprise that Super7 will be winding down their MOTU figure offerings this year. Super7 sent out an email confirming that the last MOTU product they will be releasing is their Limited Edition Battle Cat and Panthor ReAction figures which you can check out images for below. See the email they sent out to customers how previously purchased MOTU products below.

Dear MOTU Fans and Customers –

This holiday season we’re thankful that you have been some of our best customers and most faithful MOTU fans. Therefore we want to give you MOTU faithful FIRST access to our LAST MOTU release: The Limited Edition Battle Cat and Panthor ReAction Figures!

Also available here are the final Super7 x MOTU Japanese vinyl releases (limited to less than 100 each).

Thank you again for the support you’ve given Super7 and Masters of the Universe!

All the best,
Super7

Battle-Cat-and-Panthor-MOTU-ReAction-02.jpg

Battle-Cat-and-Panthor-MOTU-ReAction-03.jpg

Battle-Cat-and-Panthor-MOTU-ReAction-04.jpg

Battle-Cat-and-Panthor-MOTU-ReAction-05.jpg

Battle-Cat-and-Panthor-MOTU-ReAction-06.jpg

Battle-Cat-and-Panthor-MOTU-ReAction-07.jpg

yuck those demonstrate exactly why I dislike 5 POA figures

1 hour ago, 80sboy4 said:

Sad to hear as I loved the Classics line, Super7 did an admirable job with the franchise. Hopefully the Classics line will continue sometime down the road.

I hated their "buy a whole set model"

also the problems some figures had, apparently if you ordered again you could get a revised Tri-Klops head? now I am stuck with a Tri-Klops head that may be locked in place

I am glad they did fix my Hordak issue by sending me a whole new figure

I'm still missing animated She-Ra, Stratos, & Sorceress because I didn't have that much to pay up front for whole sets

now Mattel is making MOTU like they should have done in the first place unfortunately I don't want to switch scales yet again

13 hours ago, Goldbug said:

yuck those demonstrate exactly why I dislike 5 POA figures

I hated their "buy a whole set model"

also the problems some figures had, apparently if you ordered again you could get a revised Tri-Klops head? now I am stuck with a Tri-Klops head that may be locked in place

I am glad they did fix my Hordak issue by sending me a whole new figure

I'm still missing animated She-Ra, Stratos, & Sorceress because I didn't have that much to pay up front for whole sets

now Mattel is making MOTU like they should have done in the first place unfortunately I don't want to switch scales yet again

I think the buy as a whole thing was to make sure that the least desired figures of a specific wave sells, it was a way to get those figures made. 

I realize that Super7 made their fair share of mistakes such as what you mentioned but I do think as a whole that they did a decent job on the franchise for the time they had the license, and they did keep the Classics line going when Mattel decided to end it.

On 12/24/2019 at 1:31 PM, JayC said:

With Mattel gearing up to release new Masters of the Universe products in 2020, it shoudn't come as much of a surprise that Super7 will be winding down their MOTU figure offerings this year. Super7 sent out an email confirming that the last MOTU product they will be releasing is their Limited Edition Battle Cat and Panthor ReAction figures which you can check out images for below. See the email they sent out to customers how previously purchased MOTU products below.

Battle-Cat-and-Panthor-MOTU-ReAction-02.jpg

Battle-Cat-and-Panthor-MOTU-ReAction-03.jpg

Battle-Cat-and-Panthor-MOTU-ReAction-04.jpg

Battle-Cat-and-Panthor-MOTU-ReAction-05.jpg

Battle-Cat-and-Panthor-MOTU-ReAction-06.jpg

Battle-Cat-and-Panthor-MOTU-ReAction-07.jpg

I wound up getting these.  I don’t collect the reaction stuff really, but I have a shelf of various versions of He-Man and Skeletor so figured it would be a nice addition.  

Im happy Super7 got the license because that was the only way we are getting 87 movie figures.

hopefully Mattel will find a way to rerelease the classics castle Grayskull since I missed out.