Conan The Barbarian Ultimate Figures From Super7

JayC

Super7 has released official images for their first wave of upcoming 7" Conan The Barbarian Ultimate figures. The first wave includes the following:

Conan
"Crom, grant me one request. Grant me revenge!" Charging out of the 1982 cinematic juggernaut is the slave turned warrior hero Conan! Conan The Barbarian will come with:

- Broken Father’s Sword
- Katars Gauntlets
- Alternate Head

The Conan The Barbarian Ultimate Figure is a 7" tall, highly articulated and fully poseable action figure sculpted. It will come packaged in a deluxe slip case-style box.

Thulsa Doom
"Steel isn't strong, boy. Flesh is stronger." Straight out of the 1982 cinematic juggernaut is the savage warlord and sorcerer Thulsa Doom! Thulsa Doom will come with:

- Knives
- Dagger
- Cape
- Alternate head with Helmet

The Thulsa Doom Ultimate Figure is a 7" tall, highly articulated and fully poseable action figure. It will come packaged in a deluxe slip case-style box.

Rexor
You..." Straight out of the 1982 cinematic juggernaut is Thulsa Doom's loyal lieutenant Rexor! Rexor will come with:

Sword
Axe
Cape
Alternate head with Helmet

The Rexor Ultimate Figure is a 7" tall, highly articulated and fully poseable action figure sculpted. It will come packaged in a deluxe slip case-style box.

Thorgrim
"You killed my snake. Thorgrim is beside himself with grief!" Straight out of the 1982 cinematic juggernaut is Thulsa Doom's loyal lieutenant Thorgrim! Thorgrim will come with:

Sword
Hammer
Alternate head with Helmet

The Thorgrim Ultimate Figure is a 7" tall, highly articulated and fully poseable action figure. It will come packaged in a deluxe slip case-style box.

These figures are going up for pre-order now. The figures will cost $45 each.

Ultimates-Conan-01.jpg

Ultimates-Conan-02.jpg

Ultimates-Conan-03.jpg

Ultimates-Conan-04.jpg

Ultimates-Conan-05.jpg

Ultimates-Conan-06.jpg

Ultimates-Conan-07.jpg

Ultimates-Conan-08.jpg

This line could work if Super7 follows this line with the following characters:

• Valeria
  • Subotai
  • The Wizard
  • The Snake

Also need a 3 pack of Conan, Valeria and Subotai in the camo-war paint.

• Like 1

When was the first time we saw those? NYCC? Well as I recall the prototyeps looked way better. 

Wait, what happened to Conan? I thought they were making a Conan figure based on his more iconic look (costume), now they changed him to the Gladiator Pit Costume?,  I dont think anyone wanted this version before the other one, heck I would agrue that from all his costumes this is probably the least intresting one just because he literaly wore it for just one scene in the begining (maybe just above when he wore the thulsa doom's cult robes).
IMO this is a really bad move from Super 7, specially since the accesories listed to come with this figure dont go with this version at all. 
Seriously from Conan Line, one would think the one Conan figure in this wave would be the most iconic version of the character (the one they showed before), I dont know why they decided to go this way (Super 7, always finding a way to disapoint), might be that they couldnt secure Arnold's Likeness Rights since the figure looks nothing like Arnold, and this was the only look they could afford to get for now. The rest of the figures look ok, a little bit worse than the first prototypes they showed but they're still ok, but that Conan is looking awful.

I like that they could get James Earl Jones' rights but honestly as much as we all wanted a thulsa Doom figure, if they couldnt afford both Arnold's and James Earl Jones' right in the same wave I would have prefered a good Conan figure than Thulsa, give us Thulsa in a second wave I wouldnt mind, but for a CONAN THE BARBARIAN line to have such a bad Conan figure is just dumb. Sad thing is that with this decision I really dont think this line will do all that well and we probably wont see a second wave.

Losing hope on Super 7 yet again, and now Im not very optimistic on Super 7's Thundercats line (having a bad feeling yet again that theyll find a way to screw it up before we can get the complete Cats core team once again) 

5 hours ago, Outsiders said:

This line could work if Super7 follows this line with the following characters:

• Valeria
  • Subotai
  • The Wizard
  • The Snake

Also need a 3 pack of Conan, Valeria and Subotai in the camo-war paint.

With how bad conan looks and the way they decided to go with making a Gladiator Conan before making the Conan with the look he has during most of the two films I really doubt this line will do well and sadly we most likely wont see a second wave. If I were Super 7 I would have done Conan right in the first wave along with Thorgrim Rexor and The Wizard since those three characters would most likely not cost them that much in likeness rights, and the in a second wave do Sobutai, Valeria, Thulsa Doom and another Conan (like this Gladiator one or the costume with the full pants and leather shirt), but for a first instalment that will probably dictate wether or not this line goes on to make such an underwhelming Conan Figure is a really bad idea in my opinion.

It sucks cause I would have totaly suported this line otherwise, but Im really weary of doing so now cause there is a good chance Ill be left in my collection with 3 sort of good villian figures and a terrible Conan figure, with no hope of getting the right Conan.

10 hours ago, FASVB said:

When was the first time we saw those? NYCC? Well as I recall the prototyeps looked way better. 

PoweCon but this is the first time seeing he Doom figure.

On 12/7/2019 at 11:41 AM, JayC said:

PoweCon but this is the first time seeing he Doom figure.

Conan does not seem as good as the prototype. The rest is ok. 

On 12/8/2019 at 9:10 PM, Neovorticism2 said:

The final product, son, the one you get is the one that really matters IMO, and I doubt the final figures will look as good as those prototypes. With super 7 you can expect the unexpected.

Yeah that is correct but we can hope for the best, + they I remember when mentioned they gonna do some improvements and adjust to new factory, maybe they can pull it off. 

• 3 weeks later...

In all honesty I just can't see that many people plopping down $45 a figure for Conan. I love the Doom figure but just not a big enough Conan fan to warrant the cost.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

My first comic appearance Conan arrived a couple of weeks ago.  Very happy with it.  A little pricey like most things from Super7 but none the less I’m very happy with it 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

Mine arrived a couple of weeks ago.  Very happy with it.  A little pricey like most things from Super7 but none the less I’m very happy with it 

This is the Ultimate comic version of Conan, I assume.

3 hours ago, Satam said:

This is the Ultimate comic version of Conan, I assume.

Yes.  I should have clarified that

If the price was better I’d be getting the set.  Thus far I’ve picked up all of Super7’s Ultimates except for Ren and Stimpy (whom I keep waiting and hoping they might go on discount at some point).  But as the prices have quickly inflated from $30 to $35 to $40 to $45 its time to be more choosy.  Right now I’m thinking of maybe only getting Arnold from this wave but even then at this price I’ve yet to pull the trigger.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1