André the Giant Ultimate 8" Figure From Super7

JayC

André the Giant: The 8th Wonder of the World! One of the most recognized icons of the 20th Century from his exploits in the wrestling ring and on the movie and television screen. André the Giant will come with:

- Alternate Head Laughing
- Alternate Head Serious
- Alternate Head Young
- Four sets of Hands
- Two Fabric Vests
- Can of Beer

The André the Giant Ultimate Figure is 8-inches tall (an inch taller than other Super7 Ultimate Figures), highly articulated and fully poseable action figure. It will come packaged in a deluxe slip case-style box that presents Andre in all his larger-than-life greatness. The figure is going up for pre-order today and will cost $45.

Super7-Andre-The-Giant-01 1.jpg

Super7-Andre-The-Giant-02.jpg

Super7-Andre-The-Giant-03.jpg

Super7-Andre-The-Giant-04.jpg

Super7-Andre-The-Giant-05.jpg

Super7-Andre-The-Giant-06.jpg

Was a big Andre the Giant guy back in the day, I like what I see here, face sculpts seem to be nice and the height is good at '8. Just something off about the body portions, can't point it out. The price also seems a bit steep for what you're getting. Would like to see that slip cover packaging, that could sway me a little here.

Knowing Super 7 in a couple months they will change the figure entirely and it will look nothing like these promotional images, and probably will not be able to secure Andre's Likeness Rights and he'll look like a generic curly haired chuby dude and theyll still want over $40 for a figure that will have nothing to do with Andre the ginant other than the name on the box... Sad. (For a reason why I think this way just look at the conan line and how diferent the figures look from the first prototypes they showed to the most recent promotional images they released) Really hoping with all my fingers crossed they at least do right by their Thunder Cats line. (Im really wondering what is worse, Super 7 or the God Awful now extinct Matty Collector, and Im really leaning towards Matty being better if you can believe that, I cant)

Face is a little off but body and attire look good. Both the jackets have good details. The beer can is a nice touch after hearing all the legendary stories of André drink and passing out in hotel lobbies. This looks like it could be nice alternative to the elites that have came out.

Cool figure and tempting but I think I’m going to stick with Mattel Elites as my main Wrestling figure focus

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Super7 celebrates Andre The Giant’s early success and illustrious career with his second ULTIMATES! action figure. Standing at 8 inches tall and packaged in a deluxe slip-case style box, the Monster Roussimoff comes packed with 3 swappable heads, multiple hands, a can of beer, and a soft goods satin robe and sash that he wore during the IWA World Series in 1971. And just like the giant he was in the ring, this highly-articulated action figure is an inch taller than typical ULTIMATES! and is made-to-order and limited edition. You can pre-order this figure now.

Andre-Robe-Ultimates-01.jpg

Andre-Robe-Ultimates-02.jpg

Andre-Robe-Ultimates-03.jpg

Like most that have commented on the head sculpt...

It Does Not capture the Andre Look (even the re-sculpt) IMHO.....

The S7 "reaction" Andre fig....Looks better to me..

I hope S7 does well with the Andre fig...Being a BIG Andre Fan...

This fig...doesn't do it for me...Hey, remember those WWE

Battle Packs????...The was a good Andre