New Teaser Movie Poster For 'Ghostbusters: Afterlife'; New Trailer Coming & New Images

Outsiders

Sony Pictures has a new teaser movie posters for their July 10th, 2020 release of 'Ghostbusters: Afterlife.'

A new trailer will drop next week and Vanity Fair has an article with director Jason Reitman about the new movie and have some new movies images.

In Ghostbusters: Afterlife, when a single mom and her two kids arrive in a small town, they begin to discover their connection to the original ghostbusters and the secret legacy their grandfather left behind.

Based on the 1984 film 'Ghostbusters' An Ivan Reitman film written by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis.

The cast includes Carrie Coon, Finn Wolfhard, Mckenna Grace and Paul Rudd.

'Ghostbusters: Afterlife' is written by Jason Reitman and Gil Kenan with Reitman producing and Dan Aykroyd, Gil Kenan, Jason Blumenfeld and Michael Beugg as executive producers.

Release: July 10th, 2020

ghostbusters_afterlife_xlg.jpg

Hope that they don't screw up this one and pay a tribute to the original movies. Unlike that aberration of Female GBs. 

Everything happens for a reason. Watch the new trailer for Ghostbusters: Afterlife in theaters next summer, July 10th, 2020.

From director Jason Reitman and producer Ivan Reitman, comes the next chapter in the original Ghostbusters universe. In Ghostbusters: Afterlife, when a single mom and her two kids arrive in a small town, they begin to discover their connection to the original ghostbusters and the secret legacy their grandfather left behind. The film is written by Jason Reitman & Gil Kenan.

Directed by: Jason Reitman

Written by: Gil Kenan & Jason Reitman

Based on the 1984 film “Ghostbusters”
An Ivan Reitman film written by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis

Produced by: Ivan Reitman

Executive Producers:
Dan Aykroyd
Gil Kenan
Jason Blumenfeld
Michael Beugg

Cast:
Carrie Coon
Finn Wolfhard
Mckenna Grace
and Paul Rudd

I like Paul Rudd, and even though we didn't get to see much of her, I love Carrie Coon.  Not impressed by teenagers recklessly driving the Ecto-1 through a small town wildly blasting a positron glider, but I'll wait for more before I decide whether this will be worth my time or not.

• Like 1

I thought the OG ghostbusters were back, are they not or is this just like a teaser because Im super bummed to not see any of them in this trailer. If they are in it, youd think we d see more to get fans hyped up. To see kids being the ghostbusters does not hypeth bringeth. 

3 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

I thought the OG ghostbusters were back, are they not or is this just like a teaser because Im super bummed to not see any of them in this trailer. If they are in it, youd think we d see more to get fans hyped up. To see kids being the ghostbusters does not hypeth bringeth. 

I keep reading everybody who's alive (save Rick Moranis) have cameos as their original characters.  Just because you didn't see them, it doesn't mean they won't appear. Never underestimate the power of a trailer house to leave out something fans would like.

37 minutes ago, Satam said:

I keep reading everybody who's alive (save Rick Moranis) have cameos as their original characters.  Just because you didn't see them, it doesn't mean they won't appear. Never underestimate the power of a trailer house to leave out something fans would like.

I think original members will make appearances as there is obviously a connection between these new characters and the original Ghostbusters. One of the kids appears to be the niece of Egon Spengler I think who I assume will be deceased in this movie since the actor is deceased and the other original members will probably come to help Rudd and the kids or something, but my guess is the kids and Rudd will be the primary focus in this movie. I don't expect Aykroyd who is a producer on the film, Murray, Hudson or Weaver  to play a large role or this to be a movie about the original team. I wouldn't be surprised if Dana's (Weaver) baby Oscar from Part 2 will be in this as well as an adult.

50 minutes ago, JayC said:

I think original members will make appearances as there is obviously a connection between these new characters and the original Ghostbusters. One of the kids appears to be the niece of Egon Spengler I think who I assume will be deceased in this movie since the actor is deceased and the other original members will probably come to help Rudd and the kids or something, but my guess is the kids and Rudd will be the primary focus in this movie. I don't expect Aykroyd who is a producer on the film, Murray, Hudson or Weaver  to play a large role or this to be a movie about the original team. I wouldn't be surprised if Dana's (Weaver) baby Oscar from Part 2 will be in this as well as an adult.

Carrie Coon (the mom) is either Egon's daughter or Ray's daughter.  Egon makes the most sense from the trailer since Harold Ramis is dead and so is the grandpa who was a Ghostbuster, and Finn Wolfhard finds his uniform, but there were other uniforms there that may not have been his, and it could be that the old house is the one where Ray was born and he triple mortgaged to finance the operation.  We'll find out whose family this is soon enough. 
Also, just curious, did anybody catch any jokes in that trailer?  Any jokes at all?

Okay, I'm sorry. Did they just make a Ghostbusters revival . . . and deliberately make it look as close to Stranger Things as possible, not even including the main kid from Stranger Things being a costar?

How the @#$% is this gonna be any different from the 3 woke chicks and the angry black woman stereotype from the last one!?!

If you HAVE to do Ghostbusters . . . do GHOSTBUSTERS. Don't dress it as something else, don't change it to send a message. Better yet, just don't do it. It was a classic, accept no substitutes.

1 hour ago, mako said:

Okay, I'm sorry. Did they just make a Ghostbusters revival . . . and deliberately made it look as close to Stranger Things as possible, not even including the main kid from Stranger Things being a costar?

How the @#$% is this gonna be any different from the 3 woke chicks and the angry black woman stereotype from the last one!?!

If you HAVE to do Ghostbusters . . . do GHOSTBUSTERS. Don't dress it as something else, don't change it to send a message. Better yet, just don't do it. It was a classic, accept no substitutes.

The difference being this is an actual continuation of the original movies. Only 3 of the original 4 Ghostbusters are even alive and they are all old now so I don't see how realistic or good it would be for the original cast to throw on their jumpsuits and start running around busting ghosts. This obviously is a handing of the baton type thing and yes I would say Stranger Things which is a hit show has influenced this  movie. Whether that is good or bad remains to be seen.

• Like 1

If anyone thinks there won’t be funny moments in the movie I would say they r crazy. Idk if I would ever call Ghostbusters a comedy, action comedy maybe but the four main stars aren’t comedians anymore, you had that with the female version and you all hated it. Maybe save the venom spewing until we see a little more???

• Like 1

Hell in all honesty even the original Ghostbusters wasn’t really any  better than other Bill Murray /Dan Akroyd movies of the time. For instance I think Stripes is a more funny movie than Ghostbusters was and had a better overall cast to boot. Why don’t we get a Stripes sequel?

I was never fun of original series but original case absence is sorta disappointing, even if they do have significant roles in the actual movie, I think starting first teaser without them is a mistake marketing wise, movie does have significant and vocal fanbase thats not going to take it positively. However, on its own trailer does look kinda interesting, it seems Sony desperately wants to get this franchise working. 

1 hour ago, JayC said:

And truth is Ghostbusters was a one hit wonder that the the myth far outweighs the actual content. The first Ghostbusters was a good movie but Ghostbusters II was not.

Yeah but it spawned the Real Ghostbusters cartoon too. Thats show's great. I'm a bigger fan of that show then the movie honestly.

-Trailer looks good overall, I don't really like the whole kids thing but I guess that's probably where most of the movie humor will come from: the kids fooling around with the Ghostbusters gear.

-It does give off a a Strangers Things vibe, just like with GOT a few years back it seems the cool thing is to cast someone from Stranger Things in your movie in order to attract attention. On the other hand it has Paul Rudd who I always find entertaining.

-I am getting the impression that the house and everything belonged to Egon, it would make sense him being the dead grandfather with Harold Ramis being dead. Plus I always got the impression that Egon was the awkward genius, more committed to his work than anything so it would make the most sense for him to end up in a house in the middle of nowhere with his paranormal research and the Ghostbusters equipment, but that's just my opinion. 

-There's a good chance that I might be wrong but I'm getting the sneaking suspicion that they might be pulling a Force Awakens where they cast the original actors for nostalgia's sake and to show people that they care about the legacy but the final product it's all about the new characters and the original cast is just there with little screen time, again just my opinion, hope I'm wrong.

-Like Jay C mentioned Ghostbusters is one of those franchises that has reached a sort of mythical status in people's mind. The thing with that is fans develope near impossible standards and odds are nothing they come up with will live up to those standards. When this movie is released we'll see if we get Mad Max Fury Road or Tron Legacy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

Indeed, I loved that show one of my favorites growing up.

While I watched the Real Ghostbusters and thought it was a decent cartoon of the time, its not one I generally rate up there as one of the greats, but thats just me. I also don't put it in the same category as the movies since I don't think it was ever really considered cannon???

What's really sad here is, as bad as the "Chickbusters" movie was, I at least had high hopes leading up to it as the trailer for that one captured the appropriate "flavor." It promised a certain type of movie. Minus the Ghostbusters iconography, all this trailer promises is a lackluster entry in the Stand By Me, Goonies, Lost Boys kiddie adventure genre at best, or a blatant Stranger Things mockbuster (ironically featuring the LEAST interesting member of that shows cast) at worst.

I'm also struggling not to read to much into the fact they're exploiting the real-life death of one of the original cast as a plot-point for their sleazy cash-grab.

At least they're not gonna "Carrie Fischer" him into the movie to try and appease the fans they screwed over with the last train-wreck . . . I hope.