Batman: The Animated Series 6" Poison Ivy Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

Today I take a look at the Batman The Animated Series 6" Poison Ivy figure from DC Collectibles. You can purchase this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about the figure in the COMMENTS SECTION. This figure was provided by DC Collectibles for purpose of review.

BTAS-Poison-Ivy01.jpg

BTAS-Poison-Ivy02.jpg

BTAS-Poison-Ivy03.jpg

BTAS-Poison-Ivy04.jpg

BTAS-Poison-Ivy05.jpg

BTAS-Poison-Ivy06.jpg

BTAS-Poison-Ivy07.jpg

BTAS-Poison-Ivy08.jpg

BTAS-Poison-Ivy09.jpg

BTAS-Poison-Ivy10.jpg

BTAS-Poison-Ivy11.jpg

BTAS-Poison-Ivy12.jpg

BTAS-Poison-Ivy13.jpg

BTAS-Poison-Ivy14.jpg

BTAS-Poison-Ivy15.jpg

BTAS-Poison-Ivy16.jpg

• Like 1

It pissed me off that Jim Fletcher was categorical when he said that they were not going to release these figures separately. I went above and beyod to get the GCPD set to find out that almost all the figures including Montoya had serious QC issues. The only figure that had no problem at all was Killer Croc. My Ivy has several paint chipping issues.   

Only got a replacement for Montoya.  They even stopped selling this at BBTS. 

7 hours ago, FASVB said:

It pissed me off that Jim Fletcher was categorical when he said that they were not going to release these figures separately. I went above and beyod to get the GCPD set to find out that almost all the figures including Montoya had serious QC issues. The only figure that had no problem at all was Killer Croc. My Ivy has several paint chipping issues.   

Only got a replacement for Montoya.  They even stopped selling this at BBTS. 

I never got the boxset so I can't speak to the quality of those but I had no real issues with this Ivy here. I haven't opened the others yet. Montoya I dont think is getting re-issued so if you wanted her, the boxset was the way to go.

I don't recall Fletcher ever saying these would never ever be reissued but anytime anyone from any toy company says something like that I think you gotta take it with a grain of salt. Now at the time he said that, there may not have been any plans to reissue these but you can bet that a toy company is going to do everything they can to squeeze as much money out of a figure mold as they can and its almost a no brainer eventually they will re-release stuff like that in some shape in form. I also know when that boxset came out many people asked for these figures to be reissued individually, so if a lot of people passed on the boxset but they saw demand from consumers to reissue the figures individually, you can't really blame them for trying to fill that demand.

52 minutes ago, Satam said:

If only they had fixed that silly Cupie doll head.

Seems pretty accurate to how she looked in the show. Granted the way the hair limits the head movement is a bit annoying.

3 hours ago, JayC said:

Seems pretty accurate to how she looked in the show. Granted the way the hair limits the head movement is a bit annoying.

It's not particularly accurate at all.  The chin shouldn't have that sharp point and the hair shouldn't sit so high on top of her that she looks like a bad chick with a weird hat.  The lashline around the eyes also aren't painted right, but that's the least of this thing's problems.
FDszxcV.jpg

Ah, this figure looks so nice, i always digged this design rather than the TNBA one :), even if it's small it's still the Poison Ivy i love and care hehe

13 hours ago, JayC said:

I never got the boxset so I can't speak to the quality of those but I had no real issues with this Ivy here. I haven't opened the others yet. Montoya I dont think is getting re-issued so if you wanted her, the boxset was the way to go.

I don't recall Fletcher ever saying these would never ever be reissued but anytime anyone from any toy company says something like that I think you gotta take it with a grain of salt. Now at the time he said that, there may not have been any plans to reissue these but you can bet that a toy company is going to do everything they can to squeeze as much money out of a figure mold as they can and its almost a no brainer eventually they will re-release stuff like that in some shape in form. I also know when that boxset came out many people asked for these figures to be reissued individually, so if a lot of people passed on the boxset but they saw demand from consumers to reissue the figures individually, you can't really blame them for trying to fill that demand.

I understand but I am still upset. If the figures all came without any issues I'd be ok. Because it is a cool set, but the QC issues still being a thing until this day is very unacceptable. And at that price point specially. And they are getting even more expensive. The DArk Knight BTAS figure costing 35 dollars is very hefty. 

16 hours ago, Satam said:

It's not particularly accurate at all.  The chin shouldn't have that sharp point and the hair shouldn't sit so high on top of her that she looks like a bad chick with a weird hat.  The lashline around the eyes also aren't painted right, but that's the least of this thing's problems.
FDszxcV.jpg

Like with anything that is a drawing, the look can vary depending on the artist and perhaps the figure's chin is a little more pointed than what was generally seen in the cartoon, but overall I think its a pretty good likeness.

m01.jpg

10 hours ago, FASVB said:

I understand but I am still upset. If the figures all came without any issues I'd be ok. Because it is a cool set, but the QC issues still being a thing until this day is very unacceptable. And at that price point specially. And they are getting even more expensive. The DArk Knight BTAS figure costing 35 dollars is very hefty. 

I agree if your figures had QC issues regardless of whether these were re-issued or not, that sucks. Like I said though with this particular figure I have not had any real issues.

2 hours ago, JayC said:

Like with anything that is a drawing, the look can vary depending on the artist and perhaps the figure's chin is a little more pointed than what was generally seen in the cartoon, but overall I think its a pretty good likeness.

m01.jpg

I don't see any appreciable difference between the pic you posted and the one I posted.  And the hair on the figure still sits way too high.  The face isn't great, but it's okay.  I have a buddy who customized Ivy by taking off the hair piece and sculpting a new one that actually sits on the head more naturally.  He repainted the face, too, but he didn't change much.  (no pics posted, because I haven't asked him yet).