'Crisis On Infinite Earths' Crossover Final Trailer & Promos

Outsiders

The CW will present its biggest DC crossover ever with CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS airing across five different episodes of the network’s hit superhero series and spanning two quarters (December 2019 and January 2020). Additionally, characters from BLACK LIGHTNING will be featured for the first time ever in this year’s epic CRISIS OF INFINITE EARTHS crossover. Plus, the legendary voice actor Kevin Conroy (“Batman: The Animated Series”) will be making a special guest appearance as Bruce Wayne from the future. Crisis on Infinite Earths begins Sunday December 8th on The CW!

Episode 1 wasn’t that great imo. SPOILERS....

Was as I feared, the pacing was so fast as they try and cram so much into it that it’s just one thing after another with the characters not really able to truely react to anything happening. Once you get past all the characters and cameos there doesn’t seem much here. Supergirls earth is destroyed, and it’s almost as business as usual. Lana Luther is stil, rambling on about betrayal as the pending demise of the universe is upon them, Batwoman is thrust into the middle of it all an acts like it’s nothing because Supergirl that she briefly meat once says it’s cool. 

Arrows death is meaningless. First it was clear they killed him in episode 1 so his daughter who will essentially become the new arrow for the new series can have the lime light. If the Monitor hadn’t overreacted and transported all the others away then Oliver wouldn’t have had to sacrifice himself to begin with and who believes a taser arrow would do anything to Monitor. 

im guessing that whole alternate earth arrow with Superman’s kid was so they can bring a version of Oliver back when they decided they want Amil to make guest appeances down the road, otherwise that whole subplot was completely pointless. He was essentially the same character without all the excess baggage of being married; kids an all that.

Maybe it will get better as it goes but again they should have made this a 10 episode thing because it just comes off rushed and to fast paced as is so far.

6 hours ago, JayC said:

LOL, so nobody is watching Crisis?

I was initially hooked on Arrow and Flash, but the later seasons lost me. I loved the villains (Grodd, King Shark, Slade, Zoom, etc.), but the romance drama became overdone IMO.

So far, Crisis has blown me away. Especially last night's installment. Loved the Birds of Prey call back (Ashkey's STILL got it and I swear that was Dina Meyer doing the Oracle voice-over). And finally, a FITTING tribute to the 90s Flash.

Nicely done.

I also liked Black Lightning being added to the mix.

I did not like the Bruce Wayne story. A thought it was pointless, and didn't like having our first real introduction of Bruce Wayne to the DCTV Universe be this version.

The Lex Luthor going around killing Supermen in episode 2 was kinda lame as well. First its not like Lex to act against his own interests which is what he was doing, second why wasn't the first Superman he killed the one from his own universe and when Lex just blinked the heroes out while in Smallville, including Superman I thought it was funny how the heroes were basically ok well lets move on to the next one instead of trying to go back and save Smallville Supes.

Making Smallville Supes normal didn't bother me as far as the overall Crisis story but I felt a little cheated. I had hoped to get our look at Welling in action and in the suit that we were basically cheated out of at the end of Smallville.

In the first episode where we get a glimpse of the Michael Keaton Batman Earth at the begining, I thought it was interesting the newpaper knox had showed a headline that said Batman captures the Joker. I guess Jack Nickolson Joker found a way to cheat death after falling off that buidling after all.

Okay, I just have to ask. Show of hands, who, besides me, is hoping for a big ole' last minute Endgame-esque calvary rescue moment where all the heroes lost so far (minus 90s Flash, his death was so cool it has to stand) suddenly portal in to take on Antimonitor?

After the opening cameos (what if Knox's paper had been Billy Dee Williiams as Two Face instead? B) ), the first ep felt kinda...meh? Maybe I set myself up for disappointment, I don't know. Yeah, it was cool to see all of the heroes gathered together, but, there didn't seem to be anything really special about fighting endless faceless foes.

I  think Ep 2 was my favorite, w/ all of the Supes references, The 'Death of' homage, Smallville, and Kingdom Come, I loved the musical cues, seeing the suit (it was like seeing the Fleischer Supes in live-action for a second, and reference to the Supes vs Supes fight from Superman 3 ;) After the build up, Bruce Wayne was a let down,. While it was cool to see the suit and ''trophies', and hearing the voice, seeing him taken out like that was disappointing. 😕 And in a story packed with homages and references, why did the 'strange  visitor' speech feel so forced?

Before any potential teasers,   I'm already wondering how they'll top this storyline for the next event? How do you top the biggest story in DC Comics, esp, since they already used  the 'Death Of Superman' and 'Kingdom Come' as a part of Crisis? 'Darkest Night? While GL has yet to be introdced, The Guardians were referenced in Crisis.

On 12/10/2019 at 10:02 PM, GojiBill said:

I was initially hooked on Arrow and Flash, but the later seasons lost me. I loved the villains (Grodd, King Shark, Slade, Zoom, etc.), but the romance drama became overdone IMO.

Yes, that's me also, add to it the focus on annoying supporting characters and a repetitive formula and I was done.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 11:44 PM, Bespin refugee said:

After the build up, Bruce Wayne was a let down,. While it was cool to see the suit and ''trophies', and hearing the voice, seeing him taken out like that was disappointing.

Odd, I thought the Batman sequence was excellent. Not only did we get some much needed bonding time for Kate and Kara, but what Conroy did in his brief appearance was . . . WOW. Anybody could do the broken down, disillusioned old Batman, but hearing Conroy, in his Batman voice, run the gamut of emotions he did was worth the price of admission alone. Toward the end, when he was near tears and you could hear the pain in his voice, THAT is why they give awards for acting . . . or why the should.

After nearly 30 years being considered THE voice of the Dark Knight, the fact KC could still find something new in the role is kinda awesome.

Although, I wonder if that isn't why some folks have so much trouble with the scene. It's not that it's disappointing, just the opposite, seeing Conroy's Batman laid bare is like the first time a kid sees their Dad cry,. You just can't deal with it on an emotional level.