Lanard Toys Alien Collection Figures Revealed

JayC

Lanard Toys who is known for making kid 3 3/4" based military figures as well as product for movies such as Kong, Rampage and Jumangi now appear to be branching out into the world of Aliens.

While details are sparse at this time, shown below are two 2-packs listed as the Alien Collection Xenomorph Swarm Colonial Marines Vs. Aliens series. The sets include one Alien Xenomorph vs one Colonial Marine. One of the marines has some type of mini-bike and the other some type of exo-suit. The set with the Exo-Suit Marine also includes an Alien Egg with bursting out alien. These are not highly detailed action figures and appear to be done in keeping with the classic Kenner Aliens line with brightly colored figures to appeal to younger crowds. Never-the-Less I imagine there will be plenty of collectors and fans of the Aliens franchise who will want to check these out.

While no specific details on when or where these are being released are available at this time, most Lanard stuff generally shows up at Walmart stores first, so if I was a betting man, that is where I would start keeping an eye for these at.

Lanard-Toys-Alien-Collection-Xenomorph-Swarm-01.jpg

Lanard-Toys-Alien-Collection-Xenomorph-Swarm-02.jpg

Lanard-Toys-Alien-Collection-Xenomorph-Swarm-03.jpg

Lanard-Toys-Alien-Collection-Xenomorph-Swarm-04.jpg

• Thanks 1

Following our news yesterday about Lanard Toys launching a new toyline based on the Aliens franchise, we now have a look at their upcoming 12" Alien Queen figure. This one has a button to push for the inner mouth to pop out.

Obviously with the bright colors and basic designs and the fact the primary place to find these will be Walmart, the intend audience is kids, however the actual audience buying these will be adult action figure collectors, which honestly I don't see being large enough to support something like this but I guess time will tell. Will NECA have to worry about Lanard Toys stealing away sales from their own Alien products????

Lanard-Alien-Queen-01.jpg

Lanard-Alien-Queen-02.jpg

• Thanks 1

This honestly is a really odd license for a company like Lanard to take on, especially if its exclusive to Walmart. Its obviously being designed for kids but there is no movie pushing it and the content is generally not geared towards kids. I don't see many kids buying these, and while I don't doubt their will be some adults who really dig these that are Alien fans, in the overall scheme of things I don't see that being a huge number.

10 minutes ago, SolemStrike said:

This is a strange license to get with no supporting movie coming out. These will be a lot cheaper than the Hiya Toys 3 3/4" figures though, even if it comes with a lack of articulation compared to them. 

The thing is the Hiya Toys stuff along with NECA stuff is made for collectors. Again I dont doubt there will be collectors who bye these but I doubt they are the primary target which just is odd, at least to me.  

I honestly was not expecting this, i mean it oddly worked for the 80s/90s to sell toys based on r-rated movies and such, especially how Kenner did so with the Alien license alongside Predator, maybe it might work again? but we'll see what happens.

Wrap your heads around this. At a time when Hasbro won't even acknowledge G.I. Joe, Lanard is giving us Joe-scale Xenomorphs AND Space-Marines. Oh yeah, they're still selling that Rock figure. Rock vs. Aliens in the greatest toy scale ever.

At the very least, that warrants a heart-felt proclamation of "Cool."

• Like 1

Not a fan of the bright color scheme, but the cartoonish sculpts and designs are strangely appealing. I think Lanard should’ve followed Kenner’s use of colors. Their Aliens had a variety of vibrant colors but still matched up with the classic shiny black ones.

On 11/22/2019 at 9:43 AM, JayC said:

Following our news yesterday about Lanard Toys launching a new toyline based on the Aliens franchise, we now have a look at their upcoming 12" Alien Queen figure. This one has a button to push for the inner mouth to pop out.

Obviously with the bright colors and basic designs and the fact the primary place to find these will be Walmart, the intend audience is kids, however the actual audience buying these will be adult action figure collectors, which honestly I don't see being large enough to support something like this but I guess time will tell. Will NECA have to worry about Lanard Toys stealing away sales from their own Alien products????

Lanard-Alien-Queen-01.jpg

Lanard-Alien-Queen-02.jpg

I think this line is a complement instead of a competition to NECA...

Like Super 7 Thundercats and Funko toy versions...

On 11/27/2019 at 12:29 PM, Neovorticism2 said:

All this leads me to wonder if Lanard has the Aliens license then in the future will they also get the Predator license?

I sure hope so...I was just thinking that some Predator figure done by Lanard would be fantastic...