Arbco Custom Figures

ArbcoCustomFigures

I've shared some of my custom figures on Facebook, and in Star Wars forums, but I saw the recent "Custom of the Week" post from Jedi Insider and thought it might be fun to get one of mine up there.

I've been customizing for a long time. The first I can remember is my little brother and I taking a black magic marker to a Stormshadow figure, which would have been 1987 or 1988 (it didn't turn out very well). I mostly part-swapped and painted camo on GI Joe figures for the next ten years because back then I thought of SW figures as a limited resource and couldn't bring myself to customize them. Once Hasbro started making SW figures I started customizing SW as well. I shared a few of them on the Rebelscum and FFURG forums back then, but I was never all that active in those communities. I'm beginning to change that.

I mostly do fan-fic Star Wars figures; the kind of character that could have been just off screen but would fit the scene. And more specifically I mostly do underworld/henchmen fan-fic characters that could easily fit in a cantina or in Jabba's palace (or on his barge). So there's going to be a lot of that, but there will be some Imps and Rebs and even a few on-screen custom figures.

First up is one of my favorites! Jabba's Barge needed a cook!

This figure was made late summer 2019. I don't remember which Nikto the head & hands came from (it was either Vizam or Vedain; either would work though), the chest and arms are from the 2010 Endor Rebel Soldier figure (I don't remember if I used the black or the white guy for this but again either will work), the legs are from the 2012 Lando Skiff (sandstorm) figure (those legs are key; they're a little shorter than the new Skiff Lando), the belt is from the Vaders Secret Apprentice Evolutions 3-pack (from the Jedi figure), the meat cleaver is from one of the Zombie Labs figures, and the apron is from the Dime Novel Legends bartender figure.