2019 Manga Barcelona Hasbro Power Rangers Panel - Lightning Collection Wave 4 Revealed

JayC

The Marvel, Star Wars and Power Rangers brand and design teams from Hasbro will discuss exciting news and reveals around their popular Marvel Legends, Star Wars: The Black Series, and Star Wars: The Vintage Collection and Power Rangers Lightning Collection action figure lines! Attendees will get a sneak peek of never-before-seen products, followed by Q&A for questions. Hasbro panelists include Dan Yun from the Marvel brand team, Sam Smith from the Star Wars design team, Patrick Schneider from the Star Wars brand team and Mona Ahn from the Power Rangers brand team.

We are bringing you coverage of this panel with the help of Alphan81 who is covering this event for us.

We will update with anything new that is revealed for the first time today in regards to Power Rangers.

Wave 4 of the Power Rangers Lightning Collection will include figures of Beast Morphers Blaze, S.P.D. Red Ranger and Blue Zeo Ranger.

Hasbro-Power-Rangers-Lightning-Collection-Wave-401.jpg

Hasbro-Power-Rangers-Lightning-Collection-Wave-402.jpg

Hasbro-Power-Rangers-Lightning-Collection-Wave-403.jpg

• Thanks 1

Only 3 figures?

I thought there was supposed to be 4. Rumor has it that it would be MMPR Yellow Ranger. 

12 minutes ago, FASVB said:

Only 3 figures?

I thought there was supposed to be 4. Rumor has it that it would be MMPR Yellow Ranger. 

it would be really cool that was true. MMPR and Beast Morphers seem to be the primary focus right now so that seems reasonable 

15 minutes ago, FASVB said:

Only 3 figures?

Welp the thing about rumors is they dont always come true. We are being told this is a 3 figure wave though so she prob got bumped or perhaps will be an exclusive. I believe the rumor was based on a listing found on the Walmart website.

I mean, I'm stoked for the 3 figures we're getting. Would low key love a yellow beast morphers ranger but I know it's a long shot considering the legacy-female rangers disaster. I'll restate the obvious though, 1 I wish there were more. 2 do we really have to wait another 10-11 months when wave 3 is already popping up on ebay? It almost make it seem like hasbro has very little confidence in the line. 

4 hours ago, JHS1988 said:

I know there are fans of the lighting collection here but does anyone know if it is doing well in sells? Seeing the change to a 3 figure wave made me curious.

I thoughhhhttt so. But the fact that this isnt coming out till potentially next september doesnt seem like a very confident move. I know they're not Marvel Legends and never will be, so I never expected Hasbro to put out 6-10 sets a year like they do with ML. But only releasing 8 FIGURES a year? That seems a little low. Kinda overly cautious. 

Maybe they realize yellow ranger needs to be released as an exclusive because it needs both Trini and Aisha heads. I’ve made a comment before that unless they make ninjetti suit figures or movie figures, an Aisha head would have nowhere to be released. Another theory of mine is that they are having trouble getting the release rights to the thuy trang likeness from her family or her estate.

This next wave looks amazing! Collecting these with my 7 year old has been super fun. Really wondering if we'd ever get to a point where we see any Haslab offerings for Zords. I fully expect some Target redo Team packs or something like that down the line as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, RyanJSaber said:

I mean, I'm stoked for the 3 figures we're getting. Would low key love a yellow beast morphers ranger but I know it's a long shot considering the legacy-female rangers disaster. I'll restate the obvious though, 1 I wish there were more. 2 do we really have to wait another 10-11 months when wave 3 is already popping up on ebay? It almost make it seem like hasbro has very little confidence in the line. 

I was watching a video regarding this topic and it appears that Hasbro has stated that the reason for wave 4's delay is that there's going to be something else released next year, Power Rangers related obviously. Can't see why they'd push back the release date for wave 4 thou.

I'm glad we'll be getting blue Zeo and red SPD, as for Baze I'm not big on new Rangers shows. Really curious about the reason Yellow MMPR is not part of the wave. I really hope the line is doing good enough to keep producing figures and at least get to complete the MMPR teams. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, clockstomper said:

I think they could save the Aisha head for a 1995 movie version of the character.

They can definitely do that and more... Just making the heads of the other original rangers and repainting the bodies...

Official Wave 4 images

POWER RANGERS LIGHTNING COLLECTION 6” S.P.D. RED RANGER Figure
(Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $21.49/Available: Fall 2020)
It’s Morphin Time! Introducing a new era of POWER RANGERS collectibles with Hasbro’s POWER RANGERS LIGHTNING COLLECTION 6” Figures! The LIGHTNING COLLECTION features over two decades of iconic characters from this storied franchise, and Hasbro is excited to bring its own take to this premium line. The LIGHTNING COLLECTION’s highly-articulated, 6-inch figures will have best-in-class detailing and design, and will feature Photo Real technology for realistic actor likenesses. The S.P.D. RED RANGER Figure features over 20 points of articulation for high poseability and includes two different heads that can be swapped, one of the Ranger in his mask, and another unmasked as Jack Landors, as seen in the POWER RANGERS S.P.D. series; figures also include swappable hands and 3 accessories including the Delta Blaster. Look for other collectible figures in this series, including the ZEO BLUE RANGER Figure and BEAST MORPHERS CYBERVILLAIN BLAZE Figure. Each sold separately. Available at most major toy retailers nationwide.

POWER RANGERS LIGHTNING COLLECTION 6” Beast Morphers Cybervillain Blaze Figure
It’s Morphin Time! Introducing a new era of POWER RANGERS collectibles with Hasbro’s POWER RANGERS LIGHTNING COLLECTION 6” Figures! The LIGHTNING COLLECTION features over two decades of iconic characters from this storied franchise, and Hasbro is excited to bring its own take to this premium line. The LIGHTNING COLLECTION’s highly-articulated, 6-inch figures will have best-in-class detailing and design, and will feature Photo Real technology for realistic actor likenesses. The BEAST MORPHERS CYBERVILLAIN BLAZE Figure features over 20 points of articulation for high poseability and swappable heads of the Ranger with and without his helmet, multiple, 3 character-inspired accessories, and an extra pair of hands for more ways to play or display. Look for other collectible figures in this series, including the ZEO BLUE RANGER Figure and S.P.D. RED RANGER Figure. Each sold separately. Available at most major toy retailers nationwide.

POWER RANGERS LIGHTNING COLLECTION 6” Zeo Blue Ranger Figure
It’s Morphin Time! Introducing a new era of POWER RANGERS collectibles with Hasbro’s POWER RANGERS LIGHTNING COLLECTION 6” Figures! The LIGHTNING COLLECTION features over two decades of iconic characters from this storied franchise, and Hasbro is excited to bring its own take to this premium line. The LIGHTNING COLLECTION’s highly-articulated, 6-inch figures will have best-in-class detailing and design, and will feature Photo Real technology for realistic actor likenesses. The ZEO BLUE RANGER Figure features premium paint and decorative details inspired by the show. It includes over 20 points of articulation for high poseability, swappable heads of the Ranger with and without his helmet, 5 character-inspired accessories including the Blue Ranger’s Zeo Power Axes, and an extra pair of hands for more ways to play or display. Look for other collectible figures in this series, including the S.P.D. RED RANGER Figure and BEAST MORPHERS CYBERVILLAIN BLAZE Figure. Each sold separately. Available at most major toy retailers nationwide.

Lightning-Collection-Wave-4-Beast-Morphers-Cybervillain-Blaze-01.jpg

Lightning-Collection-Wave-4-Beast-Morphers-Cybervillain-Blaze-02 1.jpg

Lightning-Collection-Wave-4-Beast-Morphers-Cybervillain-Blaze-03 1.jpg

• Thanks 1

SPD is a must get for me. Of the more "recent" seasons is one of my favorites. I'm gonna track down the Shadow Ranger. 

• Thanks 1

So there is seemingly a lot of confusion going on with this wave. At Barcelona I was told Hasbro said this would be a 3 figure wave (Now just to note I wasn't there nor did I witness the panel or hear specifically what Hasbro said about the wave at the con) so I am going by second hand info I was given. That was followed by a press release Hasbro put out the next day with the official images. In that they don't make any indication there are more figures to be announced but I also noticed they don't specifically say there will only be 3 figures in the wave either. It makes indications of the 3 figures but thats not quit the same thing as saying this wave will only have 3.

Originally thanks to Walmart leaking out listings for the wave a few weeks ago, indications where that there would be a MMPR Yellow Ranger released as part of this wave.

This week a few etailers including EntertainmentEarth which is actually an official distributor for Hasbro put up on their website a listing for a MMPR Blue Ranger figure but then soon took the listing down. Now the listing didnt specifically say it was part of wave 4 but that would be the assumption many are making.

Now I've tried reaching out to Hasbro to see if they would at least confirm if this was a 3 figure wave or if there are more to be announced. If there is a 4th figure I know they won't confirm what it is until they are ready to officially announce it but I was hoping they would at least be willing to clarify if the info from Barcelona about the wave only containing 3 figures was correct or not. At this time Hasbro has not responded to my inquiry which generally means they dont want to answer the question, which in fact might indicate there is a 4th figure coming yet to be announced.

Once I hear anything either from Hasbro directly or from other sources I will be sure to update you guys. I don't want to update the actual story until I know more but did just wanted to note it here that perhaps our initial reporting of it being a 3 figure wave could be incorrect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So Hasbro at the moment is refusing to say one way or the other if there is more than 3 figures in the wave. There response is basically to say stay-tuned, which I would take as there will in fact be at least one more figure for this wave beyond the 3 we know of.

On 11/4/2019 at 11:54 PM, FASVB said:

SPD is a must get for me. Of the more "recent" seasons is one of my favorites. I'm gonna track down the Shadow Ranger. 

Gotta agree there. I was planning on getting MMPR only, but SPD is really good. And it actually was the last Rangers show I watched so, I guess I'll have to build that whole team as well.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, DylanRaven055 said:

Gotta agree there. I was planning on getting MMPR only, but SPD is really good. And it actually was the last Rangers show I watched so, I guess I'll have to build that whole team as well.

I will stick with the MMPR only since those are the ones that I used to watch...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

I will stick with the MMPR only since those are the ones that I used to watch...

My guess is they'll scatter the team for as many waves as they can, or give us several variants (like they're doing already with the dragon shield black ranger). Maybe we'll see movie variants even, including the ninja suits, which would be really cool to see!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DylanRaven055 said:

My guess is they'll scatter the team for as many waves as they can, or give us several variants (like they're doing already with the dragon shield black ranger). Maybe we'll see movie variants even, including the ninja suits, which would be really cool to see!

What ever happens, I will be patient to get them. I like the details made from Hasbro into this figures...