Jump to content

2019 Paris Comic-Con Hasbro Power Rangers Panel


JayC
 Share

Recommended Posts

Today we are bringing you coverage of the Hasbro Transformers, Star Wars and Power Rangers panel taking place at the 2019 Paris Comic Con. Images come via FulguroPop.

For new product announced for the first time today Hasbro showed off Shown are the Mighty Morphin Red Ranger, Gold Dino Charge, Blue Beast Morphers Ranger and Lord Drakkon from the BOOM Studios comic book run. They use photo real face deco for the headsculpts.

 

 

 

Hasbro-Paris-Panel-03.jpg

Hasbro-Paris-Panel-02.jpg

Hasbro-Paris-Panel-01.jpg

Hasbro-Paris-Panel-04.jpg

Hasbro-Paris-Panel-05.jpg

Hasbro-Paris-Panel-06.jpg

Hasbro-Paris-Panel-07.jpg

Hasbro-Paris-Panel-08.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was anyone else hoping the MMRP Red Ranger was going to have the unmasked head of Rocky instead of Jason? I know we will get one with the release of the Blue Zeo Ranger but just always liked Rocky as a character 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The folks over at fulguropop.com have posted a nice interview with Hasbro's Power Rangers brand manager Mona Ahm where she talks about the Lightning Collection line.

While the interview doesn't really reveal anything new for the line it does give some interesting background on it and how Hasbro plans to proceed with it. I also thought it was interesting that when asked, Hasbro didn't totally close the door on the possibility of some kind of Power Rangers/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles crossover line happening sometime down the road. Nickelodeon who holds the Turtles license in recent days has seemingly opened the door for other companies beyond Playmates to do Turtle based products such as NECA and DC Collectibles, so who knows maybe one day it could happen???

Anyway Click here to read the entire interview and there is a link to an English translation of it for those that need it.

hasbro-comiccon-paris-114.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/26/2019 at 5:31 AM, JHS1988 said:

Was anyone else hoping the MMRP Red Ranger was going to have the unmasked head of Rocky instead of Jason? I know we will get one with the release of the Blue Zeo Ranger but just always liked Rocky as a character 

I wonder why in cases like this Hasbro doesn't include two heads with the figure so you can have more display options.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Belmont13 said:

I wonder why in cases like this Hasbro doesn't include two heads with the figure so you can have more display options.

I know they already have the molds for a Jason head with the SDCC two pack and it’s cheaper to go that route. And with the announcement of Zeo Blue Ranger it looks like we will have the option soon enough 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JHS1988 said:

I know they already have the molds for a Jason head with the SDCC two pack and it’s cheaper to go that route. And with the announcement of Zeo Blue Ranger it looks like we will have the option soon enough 

True, I guess they were waiting to release the Zeo Blue Ranger to debut the Rocky head sculpt and make the figure extra special by having it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/26/2019 at 5:25 AM, JayC said:

The folks over at fulguropop.com have posted a nice interview with Hasbro's Power Rangers brand manager Mona Ahm where she talks about the Lightning Collection line.

While the interview doesn't really reveal anything new for the line it does give some interesting background on it and how Hasbro plans to proceed with it. I also thought it was interesting that when asked, Hasbro didn't totally close the door on the possibility of some kind of Power Rangers/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles crossover line happening sometime down the road. Nickelodeon who holds the Turtles license in recent days has seemingly opened the door for other companies beyond Playmates to do Turtle based products such as NECA and DC Collectibles, so who knows maybe one day it could happen???

Anyway Click here to read the entire interview and there is a link to an English translation of it for those that need it.

hasbro-comiccon-paris-114.jpg

They bring up crowdfunding a Megazord in the interview and the question is dodged, but that's a really cool idea. The SOC style is nice for a shelf piece, but if Hasbro could make a version that's bigger and has toy-like durability, I'd be interested in that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/27/2019 at 11:58 AM, RyanJSaber said:

I have a bad feeling that Lord Drakkon is going to be the new impossible to find figure..

I have the same thought. That being said, I've had a decent opportunity to get all of the figures from this line so far. Nothing has been too unavailable yet. I'm not sure if that's because this line isn't as sought after as Black Series or Marvel Legends, but compared to those, these are easy to hunt for. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Find Action Figures on Ebay

×
×
  • Create New...
Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE