GojiBill’s Collection

GojiBill

Do you have that classic big Godzilla toy from the early 80's or maybe it was even the late 70's that I think was put out by Mattel where you could pull a lever in the back of his neck and a fire like like tongue would stick out of his mouth and your could push a button to fire off one of it's hands. I forget the name of it but had it as a kid. Loved that thing.

11 hours ago, JayC said:

Do you have that classic big Godzilla toy from the early 80's or maybe it was even the late 70's that I think was put out by Mattel where you could pull a lever in the back of his neck and a fire like like tongue would stick out of his mouth and your could push a button to fire off one of it's hands. I forget the name of it but had it as a kid. Loved that thing.

I believe you are referring to Mattel’s Shogun Warriors Godzilla from 1977. I do not have that one, but would love to add it to my collection. One of the earliest Godzilla figures. I’ve seen it for sale a couple of times, but I can’t bring myself to spend the usual asking price. An excellent piece of Godzilla history.

B70FD514-58FB-42B4-8A24-A4950399B99A.jpeg

Fun fact, the company Toynami released two updated versions of the Shogun Warriors Godzilla, the standard release (black) and SDCC15 exclusive (green). Both were awesome looking, but carried a hefty price tag as well, $230-350.

649851E7-6280-4358-A80C-4D953AC4D9CD.jpeg

C87B97A7-B9A0-4FB4-AD91-33E055C116D4.jpeg

Above all else, I would love to get my hands on the Kongzilla statue from Bowen Designs. I’ve only seen it once in person at a yard sale and that one was in bad shape (damaged). I’ve seen it pop up on eBay occasionally, but the asking price is insane.

487154BF-6B23-4A4D-BFFA-654EA9CE8B39.jpeg

79508F09-82D0-4ACC-BDA8-64015505388D.jpeg

20 hours ago, GojiBill said:

I believe you are referring to Mattel’s Shogun Warriors Godzilla from 1977. I do not have that one, but would love to add it to my collection. One of the earliest Godzilla figures. I’ve seen it for sale a couple of times, but I can’t bring myself to spend the usual asking price. An excellent piece of Godzilla history.

B70FD514-58FB-42B4-8A24-A4950399B99A.jpeg

Yeah that's it. I remember when Toynami re-released a version of it but as you mentioned at a hefty price. If I was gonna spend that much I'd opt to buy an original. I had it as a kid and have fond memories of it. Was a great toy. It was so simple it was fun. Just the fact they simply painted fire on the tongue to replicate his fire breath was genius :)

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, K9K1N6 said:

Woahwee, that is one huge Goji collection, very good job my man :D

My work office is currently being remodeled with new furniture, so I had to bring my desk collection home. Now I have even more Goji at home.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This is the biggest Godzilla collection I have ever seen!  Funny how you say, the house belongs to my wife but the basement is mine.  I feel the same way.  It is a good tradeoff in my opinion.  I know of only one guy that had as big a Godzilla collection.  he used to live in new Jersey and had a comic book store called Outer limits.  he loved Godzilla and would travel to japan every year to get more and more stuff but your setup is the best I have ever seen!