DC Collectibles Solicitations For June 2020

JayC

DC Collectibles has released their solicitations for June 2020. Check out images for everything listed below in our GALLERY!

BATMAN BLACK & WHITE: BATMAN BY TODD McFARLANE DELUXE STATUE
based on artwork by TODD McFARLANE
sculpted by JONATHAN MATTHEWS
After 15 years of celebrating diverse depictions of Batman through the Batman
Black & White statue line, DC Collectibles is proud to present its 100th statue in the collection, by acclaimed writer and artist Todd McFarlane. This milestone statue is based on McFarlane’s cover for Batman #423. As with the previous 99 statues in the series, McFarlane’s design reinforces the core value of DC Collectibles’ Batman Black & White line: to represent the printed page in 3-D form.
• Limited to 5,000 pieces and individually numbered 
• Statue measures approximately 9.3" tall
• Allocations may occur
• Final product may differ from image shown
RESOLICIT: ON SALE JUNE 2020 
$135.00 US

DC COVER GIRLS: CATWOMAN WEDDING DRESS BY JOËLLE JONES STATUE
based on artwork by JOËLLE JONES
sculpted by JACK MATHEWS
Decked out in her now-iconic wedding dress, Selina Kyle is on her way to marry Batman in this stunning DC Cover Girls statue based on the art of Joëlle Jones. As seen in comics before the fateful Batman #50, the intricately designed dress is masterfully sculpted by Jack Mathews, and the piece itself radiates a beautiful elegance.
• Statue measures approximately 10.4" tall
• Allocations may occur
• Final products may differ from images shown
ON SALE JUNE 2020 
$140.00 US

DC ARTISTS ALLEY: AQUAMAN BY CHRIS UMINGA DESIGNER VINYL FIGURE
designed by CHRIS UMINGA
sculpted by JOE MENNA
Continuing Chris Uminga’s successful run of vinyl figures in the DC Artists Alley line comes the next member of the Justice League: Aquaman! This is the fourth hero Uminga has done for his run of figure, and it fits in perfectly with the previously released characters in Uminga’s unique style.
• Statue measures approximately 6.25" tall
• Allocations may occur
ON SALE JUNE 2020 
$75.00 US

HARLEY QUINN RED, WHITE & BLACK: HARLEY QUINN BY GUILLEM MARCH STATUE
based on artwork by GUILLEM MARCH
sculpted by JONATHAN MATTHEWS
Ever wondered what Harley Quinn would look like as Robin? Well, wonder no more with this adorable statue of Harley Quinn by Guillem March. Based on the Harley Quinn #58 cover in which Harley is seen protecting Gotham with Batman, this statue allows us to see what it would be like if Harley Quinn were Batman’s partner in crime-fighting.
• Statue measures approximately 6.9" tall
• Allocations may occur
ON SALE JUNE 2020 
$95.00 US

SUPERMAN VS. DARKSEID BATTLE STATUE THIRD EDITION
based on artwork by WALTER O'NEAL
sculpted by RAY VILLAFANE
Over a fire pit rages the bitter battle between the Man of Steel and Darkseid, dread lord of Apokolips. This popular statue is extending its run with this third edition, which features some brand-new paint decos.
• Statue measures approximately 12.4" tall
• Allocations may occur
ON SALE JUNE 2020 
$300.00 US

DC ESSENTIALS: BATMAN REBIRTH VERSION 2, THE FLASH SPEED FORCE, NIGHTWING NEW 52, AND SUPERMAN: THE RETURN OF SUPERMAN ACTION FIGURES
• Allocations may occur
BATMAN REBIRTH VERSION 2
• 7.04" Tall
THE FLASH SPEED FORCE
• 6.96" Tall
NIGHTWING NEW 52
• 6.92" Tall
SUPERMAN: THE RETURN OF SUPERMAN
• 6.97" Tall
ON SALE JUNE 2020
$28.00 US • EACH FIGURE SOLD SEPARATELY

DCCoverGirls_CatwomanJJ_Solicit.jpg

HQ_RWB_March_Solicit.jpg

BMBW_McFarlane_Solicit.jpg

DC_AA_Uminga_Aquaman_1.jpg

DC_Essentials_Batman_Rebirth_v2_1.jpg

DC_Essentials_Nightwing_New52_1.jpg

DC_Essentials_Superman_Return_Of_SM_1.jpg

DC_Essentials_TheFlash_Speed_Force_1.jpg

SM_DS_third_edition.jpg

Amazing looking statues as always, especially the Robin Harley Queen one. These essential figures actually look worse on promo pics than in reality, especially when it comes to their super long arms but I am glad they made new Batman in Black colors, however, I think they should have gone Superman route and just given him trunks and new belt which would make this figure both most modern and  classic at the same time. 

1 hour ago, Neovorticism2 said:

My guess is that DCC wants to get some quick cash with no new tooling before making way for McFarlane.

Essentials does not have much future and I do not think it is convenient for both companies to have two lines with similar characteristics, especially if you take into account the minimalist design, the reuse of parts and the lack of accessories on the DC Essentials front versus what, supposedly, Mcfarlane has under the sleeve.

While you may be right we don’t technically know yet what McFarlane is going to do with that license yet do we? I mean it’s certainly a reasonable assumption to think that a DC licensed aimed at retail probably would be in a similar wheelhouse as Essentials for all we know it’s possible their plans could be something different.  

I've had similar thoughts as Neovorticism2. Even as late as SDCC McFarlane seemed hopeful they would start getting new DC product on shelf as soon as the calendar flipped over to 2020 and DCC was pretty much sounding like Essentials was coming to an end. Jump forward to NYCC, the last chance before the new year to really be able to debut something new with any real gusto and absolutely nothing from McFarlane to show for DC. And then all of a sudden a bunch of "new" (and I use the term new loosely being everything announced was basically a repaint variant requiring next to know new tooling) DC Essential figures are announced for the early part of 2020.

We've seen the leaked McFarlane DC list and while not 100% confirmed indicates strongly they are going to do 7" figures which means something very similar to DC Essentials.

I can't help but wonder if for whatever reason there has been a delay in the McFarlane stuff which now won't debut until later in 2020, probably sometime after Toy Fair which is in late February. Waiting until after Toy Fair means they can properly debut/solicit to retailers the new product and this DC Essentials stuff is being put out to help tide people over until the McFarlane stuff can be released maybe in March or April.

This is all purely speculation on my part but based on events seems like a logical course to me.

• Like 1

Speed Force Flash figure looks like a lollipop. Makes me want a Jolly Rancher! haha! 
I love the look of that Catwoman statue, I think that the choice of the artist to use that style of dress was spot on for the character. I just can't imagine wanting to actually buy it knowing how the wedding went down. Oh well. Still a lovely statue.