Jeff Goldblum, Sam Neill & Laura Dern Reprising Their Roles In 'Jurassic World 3'

Outsiders

The Hollywood Reporter is reporting that Jurassic World 3 casting news was revealed by director Colin Trevorrow during the screening of Jurassic World held at the Arclight Los Angeles hosted by Collider.  Trevorrow announced that Jeff Goldblum, Sam Neill and Laura Dern are all set to reprise their iconic roles from Jurassic Park in the next installment of the Jurassic World franchise.

Goldblum will once again play chaos theorist Dr. Ian Malcom, with Dern returning as Dr. Ellie Sattler and Neill as Dr. Alan Grant.

All three actors appearaed in Steven Spielberg's 1993 classic Jurassic Park, with only Goldblum returning for 1997's The Lost World: Jurassic Park. Dern and Neill were featured in Jurassic Park III in 2001 and Goldblum made a blink and you missed him cameo in 2018's Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.

Franchise newcomer Emily Carmichael and Trevorrow are scripting the project.  Trevorrow directed the 2015 reboot of the franchise and was co-writer of Fallen Kingdom. Trevorrow and Spielberg are returning to be executive producers with Frank Marshall and Pat Crowley returning as producers.

Plot details are still unknown.

Universal has set a June 11th, 2021, release date for the movie.

Goldblum_Neill_Dern.jpg

• Like 1

I really but really can't wait to see this turn possible, I'm amazed this is happening, especially since i never thought they'd make a comeback or planned to anyway, welp hopefully this should be good :)

28 minutes ago, Satam said:

Cool, I guess, but what are the odds this one will actually be good?

If I may... Um, I'll tell you the problem with the franchise that they're using here, it didn't require any discipline to attain it. They saw what others had done and took the next step. They didn't earn the recognition for themselves, so they don't show any responsibility for it. They stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as they could, and before they even knew what they had, they patented it, and packaged it, and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now 

[bangs on the table] 

they're selling it, they wanna sell it. Well... their filmmakers were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, memocromatico said:

If I may... Um, I'll tell you the problem with the franchise that they're using here, it didn't require any discipline to attain it. They saw what others had done and took the next step. They didn't earn the recognition for themselves, so they don't show any responsibility for it. They stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as they could, and before they even knew what they had, they patented it, and packaged it, and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now 

[bangs on the table] 

they're selling it, they wanna sell it. Well... their filmmakers were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should.

This is the best possible response, thank you.

• Like 1