Action Figure Toy Photography Contest (AFTP-Con) Details (PLEASE READ BEFORE PROCEEDING)

Welcome to the first ever Toy News International AFTP-Con where we will be giving one lucky Toy Photographer a $500 store credit to BigBadToyStore.

PLEASE READ EVERYTHING BELOW BEFORE ENTERING.

Anyone who fancy themselves a Toy Photographer is eligible to enter the contest for a chance to win. If you are under the age of 18, please get your parents permission before entering.

You will need to be a registered member of the Toy News International message boards in order to participate in the contest.

The contest will be broken up into three different stages.

Stage 1: The Submission Stage

In this stage you have between today and September 30th to enter the contest.

To enter the contest you must submit between 1-5 images showing off your own toy photography in this area of our message boards.

Only one entry/post per person. In your post you can upload up to 5 different images of your work. You will want to pick the images that represent your best work.

In your post we also ask you include a link to the main place you call home online to show off your work, such as a Instagram page, Facebook page or some type of image hosting page like Deviant art or such. This will not only help give the place you normally show off your work at more exposure, but it will also help us to confirm the work being submitted is your own. If by some chance you don’t have a normal online place where you show off your work, then please contact us offline so we may determine another way to confirm the work being submitted is your own.

Any images submitted for the contest must be your own. You cannot submit images for someone else. If it is discovered an image you submit is not your own, you will be automatically disqualified from the contest.

Stage 2: The Fan Vote

Once the submission stage closes at the end of September 30th, we will take all the eligible entries and list them in this section for everyone to see, which will go live on October 7.

Between October 7 and October 21 anyone who is a registered member of the Toy News International forums will be able to make a post/vote in this section picking up to 3 of their favorite entries.

For those who have an entry in the contest, you may vote for yourself.

Only one post/vote per person. If it is discovered someone is trying abuse this by creating multiple accounts to vote multiple times, those votes will be automatically discounted. If by some chance it was discovered a contestant was creating multiple accounts to vote for themselves, then they will be disqualified from the contest. We will be monitoring for these types of things and doing are best to prevent any kind of cheating from happening. Our goal is too create a competitive but fair and fun contest for all.

Stage 3: The Final Round Judges Table

After the Fan Vote stage closes at the end of October 21, we will pick the 5 entries that received the most votes, and those 5 will go onto the Final Round.

In the final round there will be a panel of 3 judges that includes myself (JayC), FASVB who is our social media coordinator and our guest judge, action figure YouTuber Unparalleled Universe.

We will look over the 5 entries and pick the one we think is the best, and that person will win the store credit. I (JayC) will contact the winner via Private Message and we will announce the winner here by October 31.

The criteria we will be looking at primarily when judging is:

1. Quality of action and movement - meaning how realistic the movements and actions of whatever your showing in your image looks.

2. Lighting and effect - how realistic the lighting and/or special effects you feature in your images look

3. Realism - How realistic overall the thing you are featuring in your images look.

AFTP-Con.jpg

• Like 3

• JayC pinned this topic
On 9/19/2019 at 9:18 AM, xupopix said:

Also, what kind of effects are allowed? photoshop? how much?

No limit, and any kind. You just want to make sure it adds to the image or scene your trying to create.

• Like 1

Hi. I'm new to this forum and i found out about the contest/forum from Youtube.

I wanted to thank you for making this contest because i really improved my photographing skills for this contest and it's kinda clear in my instagram as well.It was a fun challenge.Anyway i hope you like my photos. And good luck to everyone. I hope we see more awesome toy photography like the ones that already submitted.

• Like 1

Stage 1 has closed and Stage 2 which will be the fan vote will begin on Oct 7 after we get through NYCC coverage which begins this Thurs. Congrats to everyone who got their entries in and good luck on the next stage once it begins.

• Like 3

Just a FYI about Stage 2. You are welcome to promote your entries on your various social media platforms and ask for support from your friends or followers to come over and vote for you as long as they know its one person per vote and all. In fact I would recommend it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Stage 2 is now closed. It will take us a few days to tally all votes, as we will be counting and verifying the legitimacy of each one. 

Once we have completed that task we will announce the Top 5 entires in a post in the AFTP section titled Stage 3 which will be the final stage where those will go before the judges table. I will also reach out via pm to those who make the final round and let them know.

I want to thank everyone who took the time to vote here. For those that might be new here to this community that voted I hope you stick around and get to know the place a little more.

Also once again thanks to all the great Toy Photographers who have participated here, I can’t speak for anyone else but I’ve really enjoyed seeing everyone’s work.

• Like 1