McFarlane Toys 7" Mortal Kombat XI Scorpion Figure Official Images

JayC

Last month we showed you official images for the upcoming 7" Mortal Kombat XI Sub Zero figure from McFarlane Toys. Now we bring you official images for the second figure in the line which is Scorpion.

A leader in the the Mortal Kombat franchise, Scorpion is the alias of Hanzo Hasashi a former warrior of the Shirai Ryu, a Japanese ninja clan. After he was killed by Sub-Zero, a member of a rival clan of Chinese assassins known as the Lin Kuei, Scorpion became a hellspawned revenant residing in hell (later the Netherrealm) and seeking vengeance against those responsible for the destruction of his clan and the death of his family, including his wife and his son. Although neutral in allegiance, Scorpion will join forces with anyone who can assist his plans of revenge. The figure will include a Base, 2 Swords and Kunai spear. You can pre-order the figure now at Megalopolis.Toys.

Mortal-Kombat-11-Scorpion-McFarlane-01.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-11-Scorpion-McFarlane-02.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-11-Scorpion-McFarlane-03.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-11-Scorpion-McFarlane-04.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-11-Scorpion-McFarlane-06.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-11-Scorpion-McFarlane-07.jpg

• Like 1

Sad that his eyes are just as fugged up as they showed at SDCC... he actually looks worse. It looks like ole Scorp has been 'blazin it' alittle too hard. Im also not feeling the overall design. I do like him in the game but I think its just like the MKX figs that were made a few years ago, they just arent doing it for me like the storm ones do.

Been waiting to see more pictures on this figure even though I pre ordered scorpion and sub-zero a while back at GameStop. Looks sick except the eyes, hopefully they don't look that bad in hand.

7 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Sad that his eyes are just as fugged up as they showed at SDCC... he actually looks worse. It looks like ole Scorp has been 'blazin it' alittle too hard. Im also not feeling the overall design. I do like him in the game but I think its just like the MKX figs that were made a few years ago, they just arent doing it for me like the storm ones do.

I think the storm collectibles appeals to the style we're all use to in the earlier games. There's nothing like nostalgia.

Like a girl at the bar that looks good from ten feet away. The closer you look, the worse it gets. At least this looks like an improvement from what they showed at SDCC. Still, that's a lot of sculpting a detail work put into what will probably be a $20-$25 figure. I'm interested in seeing if they make a Goro. 

• Haha 1

On 9/7/2019 at 6:07 PM, Dewonscott89 said:

I think the storm collectibles appeals to the style we're all use to in the earlier games. There's nothing like nostalgia.

The definitely tickle my nostalgia more than the newer iterations for sure. I dont mind these looks but the figures dont look right for some reason. In game I enjoy their looks for the most part.. not my favorite (i actually really loved the mk9 designs the most aside from the originals). These just look like too tall and lanky or something.. stuff just looks off on them. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, veronesis said:

They look great . Cant wait til they get to the classic designs, I'm all in then. Don't  like the designs from this last game at all.

Prettttttttyyyy sure McFarlane only has the rights to MK11 and thats it. Storm Collectibles currently is the only known license holder for the older MK games at the moment. But who knows, maybe they will eventually. 

11 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

The definitely tickle my nostalgia more than the newer iterations for sure. I dont mind these looks but the figures dont look right for some reason. In game I enjoy their looks for the most part.. not my favorite (i actually really loved the mk9 designs the most aside from the originals). These just look like too tall and lanky or something.. stuff just looks off on them. 

It could be the way McFarlane is designing the figures. If I'm not mistaken these will be the same height as the Fortnite figures which are tall also. Some of them appears lanky as well. Hopefully they will look better in hand.

The eyes do look bad, hopefully they are like that only for this sample and it's not a common problem for the general release. The articulation looks pretty good so far but in my opinion the feet look small compared to the rest of the figure. As for the design, well I don't really care much for it and even though I grew up with the classic designs from the first couple of games, so far my favorite designs for the majority of the characters are the ones from the Mortal Kombat 9. Alas, I don't see any of the current license holders doing figures of those anytime soon so I won't hold my breath. I wonder if Storm Collectibles has the license for Mortal Kombat Mythologies Sub Zero, now that's a line I would love to see. 😁

• Like 1