DC Collectibles DC Prime Premium Grade Batman Action Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

Today I take a look at the brand new DC Prime Premium Grade Batman 9" action figure from DC Collectibles. You can pre-order this figure now at Megalopolis.Toys.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION. This figure was provided by the folks at DC Collectibles for purpose of review.

DC-Prime-Batman01.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman02.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman03.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman04.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman05.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman06.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman07.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman08.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman09.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman10.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman11.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman12.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman13.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman14.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman15.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman16.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman17.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman18.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman19.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman20.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman21.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman22.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman23.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman24.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman25.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman26.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman27.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman28.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman29.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman30.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman31.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman32.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman33.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman34.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman35.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman36.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman37.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman38.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman39.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman40.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman41.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman42.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman43.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman44.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman45.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman46.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman47.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman48.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman49.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman50.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman51.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman52.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman53.jpg

DC-Prime-Batman54.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Neovorticism2 said:

How long do you think this line will last before it get canceled?

This isn't what I would call a regular action figure line to begin with where they would likely churn one out on a regular basis, but I would say the question of whether they do more or not will strictly hinge on how well each one sells.  If this one sells well I'm sure they will do another, an so on. If not this could versy well be a one and done thing. Since they haven't announced any additional figures at this time its not like there is something to cancel.

Well, In my humble opinion, this looks too much like Play Arts Kai to sound like a novelty enough to rise interest. People that collect Paly Arts will not change to this and even me, that am a hardcore Batman fan will not drop this much money on a figure like this. 

So, I have no idea what DC Collectibles is thinking and really neither do they.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FASVB said:

Well, In my humble opinion, this looks too much like Play Arts Kai to sound like a novelty enough to rise interest. People that collect Paly Arts will not change to this and even me, that am a hardcore Batman fan will not drop this much money on a figure like this. 

So, I have no idea what DC Collectibles is thinking and really neither do they.

Most of the Play-Art Kai lines seemed to have come to an end, but its not just DC Collectibles. Hasbro is pretty much doing the same thing with their HyperReal line. As for the cost, I see a lot of those same people who are complaining about the price turn around and spend around that same money for something like a 6" One:12 collectible figure, so I would say there is def a market for higher costing action figures.

As for being a different scale, every scale had to start with something, and when companies started moving from 4" to 6" I am sure many people said similar things like why the different scale? Larger scales allow more detail to be incorporated into the product.

I'm not suggesting these line are going to be for everyone, but I can see why companies might be trying to tap into something new.

Yeah, you definitely ruined that screaming face for me. haha! 

I think this is cool, I like the detail on the cape and the armor look the figure has, it is pretty pricey for me though. I just wish they'd go back and release their DCEU movie line figures, but that's probably not gonna happen at this point. 

On 9/8/2019 at 2:21 PM, JayC said:

Most of the Play-Art Kai lines seemed to have come to an end, but its not just DC Collectibles. Hasbro is pretty much doing the same thing with their HyperReal line. As for the cost, I see a lot of those same people who are complaining about the price turn around and spend around that same money for something like a 6" One:12 collectible figure, so I would say there is def a market for higher costing action figures.

As for being a different scale, every scale had to start with something, and when companies started moving from 4" to 6" I am sure many people said similar things like why the different scale? Larger scales allow more detail to be incorporated into the product.

I'm not suggesting these line are going to be for everyone, but I can see why companies might be trying to tap into something new.

I understand your point, but the scale thing is improtant o me. I could possibly overlook this if they chose a more classic look for Batman. To me the One 12 from Mezco are worth much more since msot of them have a ton of accessories and can easily be put in the display. I would enver trade the new PX Sovereign Knight for this one. 

Their intention might have been good but the execuution, not so much.  But like you said, not for everyone. 

On 9/8/2019 at 8:29 PM, Thinwheat said:

Yeah, you definitely ruined that screaming face for me. haha! 

I think this is cool, I like the detail on the cape and the armor look the figure has, it is pretty pricey for me though. I just wish they'd go back and release their DCEU movie line figures, but that's probably not gonna happen at this point. 

To me looks like the face of the SHF Ninja Batman. However I agree 100% that a more angry or agressive expression would be muc better. They could have just used the swapable faces instead of sculpting 3 heads

• Like 1