The Mandalorian - The Upcoming Live-Action Disney+ Streaming Series

Bespin refugee

https://jediinsider.com/243-19996

Sources say Jon Favreau's live-action Star Wars series, said to begin filming in fall or winter of 2018, may cost "roughly $100 million for 10 episodes," making it one of the most expensive shows ever. The series, scheduled to air on Disney's streaming service (launching 2019), is said to take place 3 years after the Battle of Endor, and according to MakingStarWars.Net, will take place on Mandalore. The series is also said to make use of ILMxLAB technology, providing real time visual effect shots on the monitors. Jon Favreau will write and serve as executive producer on the series.
(Source: SlashFilm)

Jon_Favreau__scaled_600.jpg

• Thanks 1

Yowza! Favreau comes from a pretty modest background, as far as filmmaking budgets goes... But, just looking at his work on things like The Jungle Book, and you can see that he knows how to put that money to good use. So, it should be pretty interesting to see how he applies that foreknowledge to this new series.

• 1 month later...

https://jediinsider.com/243-20098

Since it was announced earlier this year, that Jon Favreau would write and executive produce a live-action Star Wars series, not a lot has been revealed about it. He did say it would take place after Return Of The Jedi, and it was said to take place on Mandalore, but, there was no official word, until now,...

Jon Favreau has posted this on his Instagram account:

"The Mandalorian
After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.
"

The series is said to begin filming later this year, and will run on Disney's new streaming service, scheduled to launch in 2019.

Jon_Favreau__scaled_600.jpg

I kind of feel like we all assumed this part already lol I do like its on Mandalore but I still would have liked it to be set in the past because there is so much history that could have been used but I'm still interested to see what thy come up with.

https://jediinsider.com/243-20105

First_Look__scaled_600.jpg

The day after Jon Favreau revealed the name and premise for his upcoming live-action Star Wars series, set to air on Disney's soon to launch streaming service, here's some more breaking news, with this image, as well as details about the series. Production has officially begun, with Favreau writing and executive producing. Dave Filoni will direct the first episode, with Deboraah Chow (Iron Fist, Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Soulmates, and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok) directing future episodes. The series is executive produced by Favreau, Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. with Karen Gilchrist serving as co-executive producer.
(Source: StarWars.com)

Gotta say, I’m pretty damned stoked, looking at this... I love the fact that Dave Filoni is going to be directing an episode, too. The guy practically singlehandedly built up the Mandalorian lore, as it stands today. And Favreau’s just the man!

^ I almost can’t believe it’s finally time that we’re getting one... They’ve been talking about doing a live-action show for years and years, now.

• 2 weeks later...
Jon Favreau shares this image from The Mandalorian, the upcoming live-action Star Wars series he is writing and executive-producing.

As many people have pointed out, it looks quite a bit like the weapon used by Boba Fett in the animated segment of the infamous Star Wars Holiday Special
Fett_cell-thumb__scaled_600.jpg

I am a huge star wars fan and obviously I want to see more content, but I really wanted to see more older stuff. even before clone wars. At east this is telling something new and set in a time that we barely know anything. Hopefully they will address some of te issues between the mandalorians and Jedi, the participation of them in all the plots and schemes. During Rebels it was slightly touched and it was very fun. Hopefully we will se some reference on those characters since the rime is somewhat close. Please put Sabine in there somewhere. 

It has Filoni involved so it will be good. I hope Bryce is a better director than her father haha. Never seen her work as a director, only as actress. 

^ I would love to see Sabine cropping up in live action — or, at the very least, getting a mention, if they’re really going to be dealing closely with Mandalore.

But, I’ll always be keeping my fingers crossed for older lore, as well. Like KOTOR, and such. Even though I have only a very vague familiarity with it.

https://jediinsider.com/250-20150

Jon Favreau shares these photos on Instagram with George Lucas, who visited the set of "The Mandalorian", and on Favreau's birthday, no less. The second photo also features Dave Filoni, who is directing the first episode for the series, which Favreau is writing and executive-producing for Disney's in the works streaming service.

• Like 1

Man, with the love, dedication and blessing of the three of these guys behind the scenes, I cannot imagine this show being anything other than friggin’ spectacular! I really, genuinely hope that it delivers, and then some!

• 4 weeks later...

https://jediinsider.com/243-20205

Pedro_Pascal__scaled_600.jpg

Sources say actor Pedro Pascal ( Game of Thrones, Kingsman: The Golden Circle) is in negotiations to star in Jon Favreau's Star Wars series. The Mandalorian. The series, "set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order", will follow a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.", and will air on on Disney+, a new streaming service set to launch in 2019.
(Source: The Hollywood Reporter)

https://jediinsider.com/243-20212
Gina_Carano__scaled_600.jpg

According to Variety, former MMA fighter Gina Carano (American Gladiators(2008), Deadpool, Fast & Furious 6) has be cast in The Mandalorian, Jon Favreau's live-action series set to air on Disney+, a streaming service launching in 2019. Pedro Pascal is said to be in negotiations to star in the series.
(Source: Variety)

• 3 weeks later...

Wow... Like, that’s all I’ve got, on this one. I haven’t really followed Nolte’s career, I’ll be the first to admit. But, I do seem to recall his having some very, Gary Busey-esque tribulations in the past decade or so. I dunno if he still carries the same pedigree he once did. So, I’ll be very curious to see what his role in this series amounts to.

StarWars.com confirms a number of recent reports by officially announcing the cast members for the upcoming live-action series, "The Mandalorian, set to air on Disney+, the soon to launch streaming service.

the-mandalorian-pedro-pascal-tall__scale

Pedro Pascal (Narcos) will star in the lead role as a lone Mandalorian gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy, alongside Gina Carano (Deadpool), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Emily Swallow (Supernatural), Carl Weathers (Predator), Omid Abtahi (American Gods), Werner Herzog (Grizzly Man), and Nick Nolte (Affliction).

Executive Producer Jon Favreau says, “We’re having a great time working with this incredibly talented group and excited for everyone to see what we’re up to.”

Currently in production, The Mandalorian is written and executive produced by Jon Favreau, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode and serving as executive producer alongside Kathleen Kennedy and Colin Wilson. Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).
(Source: StarWars.com)

the-mandalorian-pedro-pascal-tall__scaled_600.jpg

Gina_Carano__scaled_600.jpg

Nick_Nolte__scaled_600.jpg

• Bespin refugee changed the title to Jon Favreau's Live-Action Star Wars Series, "The Mandalorian"

Ludwig Goransson Announced As Composer For Disney+ Star Wars Series The Mandalorian

Composer_Ludwig_Goransson-the-mandaloria

StarWars.com announces composer and record producer Ludwig Göransson (Black Panther, Creed ! & Ii, and Venom) will write the score for the upcoming live-action series,The Mandalorian

“Words fail to express how surreal and humbling it feels to be invited into the Star Wars universe,” Göransson said. “I am deeply grateful to Jon Favreau and Disney for this opportunity and to John Williams for raising the bar so high with his iconic, intrepid scores — they will never be matched. In these next months I hope to honor the tradition of Star Wars’ musical landscape while propelling The Mandalorian into new and unchartered territory. And I will try to remember that there is no try.”

Currently in production, The Mandalorian is written and executive produced by Jon Favreau, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode and serving as executive producer alongside Kathleen Kennedy and Colin Wilson. Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok). The Mandalorian stars Pedro Pascal (Narcos) in the title role as a lone Mandalorian gunfighter, alongside Gina Carano (Deadpool), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Emily Swallow (Supernatural), Carl Weathers (Predator), Omid Abtahi (American Gods), Werner Herzog (Grizzly Man), and Nick Nolte (Warrior).

The highly-anticipated series will be exclusive to Disney+, The Walt Disney Company’s upcoming direct-to-consumer streaming service, which is set to launch in the U.S. in late 2019.

Writer & Executive Producer Jon Favareau posted this green screen image of what appears to to be one of the IG assassin droids, if not IG-88 , itself. Favreau is currently working on the live-action series, The Mandalorian, for Disney's streaming service, Disney+, which is set to launch in 2019.

• Like 1

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE