Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JayC

The Toys That Made Us Season 3 Coming To Netflix On November 15, 2019

Recommended Posts

The release date for the third season of the Netflix docu-series The Toys That Made Us has finally been announced for the streaming service. It will premier on November 15, 2019. The line-up for this season will include:

Power Rangers, Wrestling, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and My Little Pony.

While I don't think it has been officially stated, it seems likely this will be the final season for toys. The show appears to have had a pretty rocky go at it since it was first announced several years ago. Originally the first season was to feature 8 episodes, but was then broken up into two parts containing 4 episodes each being officially renamed season 1 and season 2. The first season launched two days before Christmas back in 2017 and the second season debuted in May 2018. Season three was announced around that same time, but an actual release date for it was withheld until now. On top of the seemingly long delay, the creators behind this show announced at SDCC in July a new series called the "The Movies That Made Us" which is where it seems they will now direct their focus.

The_Toys_That-Made_Us__scaled_600.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna be honest, the Star Wars and Transformers episodes had me about to drop a tear in some parts out of sheer nostalgia. Such a shame it didn't do better, but hey, three seasons is not bad. Definitely gonna look forward to those last episodes, especially the PR one. 

Also, their new show sounds quite interesting, and considering they'll be taking about big movies they may do way better, since not everybody is that into toys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really enjoy this series and am glad we are getting another season. I must say tho they have taken a while to get new seasons out which I kind of felt like that was end times for it. Hopefully they continue making fun shows like it in the future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoyed what’s been offered so far, looking forward to the the PR episode as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm mostly interested in the wrestling and Ninja Turtle stuff but every one has been really interesting so I', sure the others will be cool too. That movie series sound good. I could see this spin off to TV and Music That Made Us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL,I was looking at this interview with the show creator, I like how he basically sh@ts all over MASK fans. I mean I get his point and he's probably right to a certain extent, but the way he phrases it comes of like a total p#ck

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/282741/the-toys-that-made-us-season-3-what-to-expect

 

Quote

 

How much stock do you put into fan comments? Besides the reenactments, do you take feedback into production meetings?

There's basically three different types of fan feedback. There's good fan feedback that, "Oh, I didn't think of that. Let's do that." There's good fan feedback where it's like, "That's a great idea, we thought about that. If you had made the show, you probably also would've concluded not to do it." And then there's bad fan-feedback, which is some degree of angry, crazy people, mad about God knows what.

Then there's also nice people who are like, "You need to do an episode on Mask." It's like, "Why? It was two years of it, it failed miserably. That's not even a one-generation toy. This is not a cheap show to make. Why would we do Mask, when Hot Wheels hasn't been done or Strawberry Shortcake?

 

 
The problem is 90% of the 80/90's toylines out there outside of things like Star Wars, He-Man, Transformers, WWE, TMNT, Power Rangers, GIJoe, LEGO and a few girls lines probably would fall in to the same category as he describes MASK being in. If that's your attitude  why even start a show like this? But that probably explains why they only did 1 1/2 seasons worth and now moving on to movies which Im sure has a much larger audience to try and tap into. Of course CNN already beat em to the punch on that front.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2019 at 4:09 PM, JayC said:

LOL,I was looking at this interview with the show creator, I like how he basically sh@ts all over MASK fans. I mean I get his point and he's probably right to a certain extent, but the way he phrases it comes of like a total p#ck

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/282741/the-toys-that-made-us-season-3-what-to-expect

 

 
The problem is 90% of the 80/90's toylines out there outside of things like Star Wars, He-Man, Transformers, WWE, TMNT, Power Rangers, GIJoe, LEGO and a few girls lines probably would fall in to the same category as he describes MASK being in. If that's your attitude  why even start a show like this? But that probably explains why they only did 1 1/2 seasons worth and now moving on to movies which Im sure has a much larger audience to try and tap into. Of course CNN already beat em to the punch on that front.

I would imagine from what hes saying, he would rather spend his money and time on the big heavy hitters of that generation instead of these short stinted lines since there are so many and it costs so much to make. Instead of hitting the semi obscure to most people, he d rather hit the ones where people of generations grew up on and are familiar with, even the ones that dont collect anymore. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

I would imagine from what hes saying, he would rather spend his money and time on the big heavy hitters of that generation instead of these short stinted lines since there are so many and it costs so much to make. Instead of hitting the semi obscure to most people, he d rather hit the ones where people of generations grew up on and are familiar with, even the ones that dont collect anymore. 

Yeah in other words the mainstream stuff that has been done to death instead of the more obscure stuff people might not know as much about. Again I get what he’s saying and why but it seems kinda pointless to choose to do a show of this type unless your gonna cover the obscure stuff, and the way he phrases it about mask just comes off  in a condescending way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JayC said:

Yeah in other words the mainstream stuff that has been done to death instead of the more obscure stuff people might not know as much about. Again I get what he’s saying and why but it seems kinda pointless to choose to do a show of this type unless your gonna cover the obscure stuff, and the way he phrases it about mask just comes off  in a condescending way. 

Yeah I mean there was a crap ton of toy properties that popped up during the 80s and 90s and a good amount of them were great but didnt go very far in exposure or popularity. Its an unfortunate thing to not cover those obscure lines instead of the mainstream properties, but who knows what they wouldve covered if the show wouldve continued on and finished off all the big stuff and had some room left over for some obscure ones. Also since its the "toys that made us", its generalizing which toys that "made us" and trying to hit that wide audience. Whos' to say mask made the majority of their audience, or supernaturals, or even bone age! ... i had all of those but i dont expect them to cover them. Seriously too many. (but would be awesome!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Yeah I mean there was a crap ton of toy properties that popped up during the 80s and 90s and a good amount of them were great but didnt go very far in exposure or popularity. Its an unfortunate thing to not cover those obscure lines instead of the mainstream properties, but who knows what they wouldve covered if the show wouldve continued on and finished off all the big stuff and had some room left over for some obscure ones. Also since its the "toys that made us", its generalizing which toys that "made us" and trying to hit that wide audience. Whos' to say mask made the majority of their audience, or supernaturals, or even bone age! ... i had all of those but i dont expect them to cover them. Seriously too many. (but would be awesome!)

The way to have done it IMO would have been to mix it up do a few of the big names as well as a few of the more obscure ones. This show always struck me as being on life support from day one as far as Netflix being concerned and don't think it ever had much of a future. The initial first season had to be broken up into two parts. The first season was thrown up like on Christmas Day which Im guessing isn't a heavily viewed TV day. It was never really promoted by Netflix themselves and the release of this final season dragged on for over a year. IDK if the plan was always to switch to movies or if they did it because Netflix didn't want anymore toy based episodes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2019 at 10:06 AM, JayC said:

The way to have done it IMO would have been to mix it up do a few of the big names as well as a few of the more obscure ones. This show always struck me as being on life support from day one as far as Netflix being concerned and don't think it ever had much of a future. The initial first season had to be broken up into two parts. The first season was thrown up like on Christmas Day which Im guessing isn't a heavily viewed TV day. It was never really promoted by Netflix themselves and the release of this final season dragged on for over a year. IDK if the plan was always to switch to movies or if they did it because Netflix didn't want anymore toy based episodes.

I always enjoyed it and found it very fun and interesting. Also since its literally like the only thing related to toys in major media these days. The format couldve been better and more variety would be nice because Im not as inclined to watch an episode about Barbie as I am about MOTU. But I did end up watching all the episodes that have released so far and have found them to be very entertaining and interesting. I HATED how they broke up the seasons in to multiple parts. That was such a crappy way to go and the season wasnt even that big to begin with! Christmas is actually a pretty heavy viewing day for alot of things, I used to work at the movie theatre and it was always packed. It was actually mandatory to work christmas because it was one of the busiest of the year. Id imagine tv being very similar. Their distribution and how they promoted were definitely its faults in why it wasnt as successful. I feel like they switched to movies because even toys is kind of a niche genre to focus on to get those views. Movies not nearly as much. So Netflix is like, ok we like you guys, you got a decent format, but change up the subject matter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...






Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE