ThunderCats Savage World Wave 2 Figures From Funko

JayC

I'm pretty surprised these are still coming. I heard rumors that Funko had shelved these permanently, but it's nice that they'll finish the few they had originally teased. 

The Lion-O from this line was a surprise favorite figure for me last year. It's very simple, but has a lot of charm. I didn't have any qc issues with the ones I picked up, but the legs do pop off easily, but only if you push the articulation too far. If anyone wants to snag the first few if you missed out GameStop has the $5 clearance figure sale going on now and the first wave is part of the sale.

You'd think after all this time they'd have some tangible finished product figures to show instead of these cg images. I'm all in for these, they can hold me off until we get the full team from Super 7! Speaking of which, I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing Super 7's Tygra figure! 

Finally some news on these!! I've been hungry for more Savage World Figures. I was getting worried when there was no news at SDCC or Powercon. Hopefully these will continue now that Mattel is going to make WWE and MOTU figures in this style and scale (Although with more articulation and interchangeable body parts). 

Funko started off weak by having quality issues, hopefully these will start to catch on more now that the plastic they are using is sturdier.

I also hope they come out with more Savage World figures or simple straight pop culture icons in this body type. I'd love to see 80's action stars like Mr. T, Chuck Norris, Rambo, John McClain etc in this style.

Also how about Marvel Savage Land figures? Feral Wolverine. Webstor like Spidey, Mr. Fantastic with SSSqueeze like arms etc.  

Well, look at that!  At least SOMEONE can get almost a complete line of Thundercats figures on the shelves. *grumble-mumble-razz'em-frazz'em*

All we need is Vultureman, Kit & Kat 2-pack, Snarf & Ma-Mutt 2-pack, and Mummy-Ra, and we got the entire core team and villains!  Hell, Pumyra, Bengali, Lynx-O, Jaga, Grune, Rataro, and MAYBE a Ro-Bear Berbil, and you basically got everything most fans really want IN TOTAL!

Seriously, why is it so hard for anyone else to produce a small line like this?  Funko could have the core cast done in one more wave, and meanwhile, Super7 is re-releasing the same figures Mattel already botched! *SMDH*

• Like 1