Lewis Tan, Jessica McNamee And Josh Lawson Join New Line's 'Mortal Kombat'

Outsiders

Wu Assassins star Lewis Tan, The Meg‘s Jessica McNamee and Josh Lawson have joined the lead ensemble of the Mortal Kombat feature at New Line.

Tan has been cast in an undisclosed role while McNamee will step into the role of Sonya Blade and Lawson will portray Kano.  The current cast includes Tadanobu Asano as Raiden, Mehcad Brooks as Jackson “Jax” Bridges, Sisi Stringer as Mileena, Joe Taslim as Sub Zero and Ludi Lin as Liu Kang.

The plot for the movie adaptation of the popular martial arts video game franchise has been kept under wraps, but will be a follow up from the 1997's Mortal Kombat: Annihilation sequel from the 1992 movie adaptation.

This feature will be Simon McQuoid directorial debut from a script written by Greg Russo. James Wan and Todd Garner are producing, with Larry Kasanoff, E. Bennett Walsh, Michael Clear, and Sean Robins executive producing. The movie is set to be released on March 5, 2021.

Source: Deadline

Lewis_Tan_Jessica_McNamee_Josh_Lawson.jpg

On 8/26/2019 at 5:43 PM, Satam said:

Not too keen on Jessica McNamee as Sonya, but at least they didn't cast Ronda Rousey, I guess.

I would have gone with Kattheryn Winnick for sonya but I agree at least its not Ronda Rousey.

The rest of the cast seems like its taking its shape nicely, though I have to admit I kind of really wanted Jax to be played by Terry Crews 😋

3 hours ago, abnuggler said:

I would have gone with Kattheryn Winnick for sonya but I agree at least its not Ronda Rousey.

The rest of the cast seems like its taking its shape nicely, though I have to admit I kind of really wanted Jax to be played by Terry Crews 😋

Katheryn Winnick is great.  Katee Sackhoff would also be fantastic, as would Tricia Helfer, who was already a great Sonya and should still be voicing her in MK11.  And Terry Crews seems like he was born to play Jax.  He's huge and a pretty damn good actor.  Mechad Brooks should be fine, I think.  He was one of the better actors on that Supergirl show.

• Like 1