Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JayC

Devilman Wonderful Hobby Selection figma EX-058 Devilman (Takayuki Takeya Ver.) Figure

Recommended Posts

Joining the figma lineup is the title character from the anime Devilman! This product is a figma recreation of the 1995 soft vinyl figure created by Terada Katsuya and Takayuki Takeya. You can pre-order this figure at BigBadToyStore.com.

This figure includes:

- 2 Face plates
- Wings
- figma stand

Figma-Devilman-Wonderful-01.jpg

Figma-Devilman-Wonderful-02.jpg

Figma-Devilman-Wonderful-03.jpg

Figma-Devilman-Wonderful-04.jpg

Figma-Devilman-Wonderful-05.jpg

Figma-Devilman-Wonderful-06.jpg

Figma-Devilman-Wonderful-07.jpg

Figma-Devilman-Wonderful-08.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DylanRaven055 said:

Wow, he looks kinda grotesque, this design reminds me of the Titans from AoT.

I never liked the Devilman interpretations from the 1990's McFarlanish toyline or the 2000's Amon Darkside of Devilman manga.  It's cool to revisit a vintage figure & update it but I prefer a different look & color. Lately, Devilman figures have been stuck on that edgy phase look such as the Devilman Variable Action Heroes. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aside from the SH Figuarts, Devilman hasn't really ventured outside of the edgy versions & I think it's about time to get some traditional designed figures or from recent manga & anime material. Devilman has so many cool alternate designs & variant characters & I'm annoyed that most figures are in a style that I don't like. I would like to see these someday: Akuma Kishi & Devilman Saga.

Akuma Kishi.jpg

Saga 1.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Detail work is really impressive here. I assume they are betting on selling this figuree because it looks so cool rather than fan base ? Max factory is weird with that, they didn’t do much good with Neon genesis  evangelion  license   Imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, THEAnimeHERO said:

Aside from the SH Figuarts, Devilman hasn't really ventured outside of the edgy versions & I think it's about time to get some traditional designed figures or from recent manga & anime material. Devilman has so many cool alternate designs & variant characters & I'm annoyed that most figures are in a style that I don't like. I would like to see these someday: Akuma Kishi & Devilman Saga.

Akuma Kishi.jpg

Saga 1.jpg

Looks cool. Kind of has that Saint Seiya vibe to it. 

With the new Netflix Devilman, you'd think someone would give us that version in toy form. I think I remember seeing a statue for it, but that's it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, silverback77346 said:

Uh ok, I looked at this, then looked again. Then again. So now I kinda question the design of the crotch area. That looks a little naked to me. But then again this is a Devil. Get this guy a pair of shorts.

That's because he is naked. In most adaptations, Devilman tends to have a bare chest while having fur from the waist down which covers his junk. Devilman wears superhero briefs in the Toei tokusatsu Devilman 1972 anime. However, other demons & devilmen in the Devilman series are usually naked such as Sirene/Silene or Devilman Lady. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Thinwheat said:

Looks cool. Kind of has that Saint Seiya vibe to it. 

With the new Netflix Devilman, you'd think someone would give us that version in toy form. I think I remember seeing a statue for it, but that's it. 

The same applies to the Cyborg 009 VS Devilman which only has a statue of him & it's one of his best updated redesigns.  The Crybaby version would've been cool since his hands are humongous & the tail is extremely longer than usual. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, SpiderS said:

Detail work is really impressive here. I assume they are betting on selling this figuree because it looks so cool rather than fan base ? Max factory is weird with that, they didn’t do much good with Neon genesis  evangelion  license   Imo. 

I've been wanting a traditional looking Devilman. The only one that exists is the SH Figuarts but that's just a one design of many from the character's 47 years of being published. 50th anniversary will be in 2022 so I hope that brings forth something I desire something like the look in Cyborg 009 VS Devilman.

t3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, THEAnimeHERO said:

I've been wanting a traditional looking Devilman. The only one that exists is the SH Figuarts but that's just a one design of many from the character's 47 years of being published. 50th anniversary will be in 2022 so I hope that brings forth something I desire something like the look in Cyborg 009 VS Devilman.

t3.png

We can hope so. Depending how this figure will do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Find Action Figures on Ebay

×
×
  • Create New...





Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE