Devilman Wonderful Hobby Selection figma EX-058 Devilman (Takayuki Takeya Ver.) Figure

JayC

Joining the figma lineup is the title character from the anime Devilman! This product is a figma recreation of the 1995 soft vinyl figure created by Terada Katsuya and Takayuki Takeya. You can pre-order this figure at BigBadToyStore.com.

This figure includes:

- 2 Face plates
- Wings
- figma stand

Figma-Devilman-Wonderful-01.jpg

Figma-Devilman-Wonderful-02.jpg

Figma-Devilman-Wonderful-03.jpg

Figma-Devilman-Wonderful-04.jpg

Figma-Devilman-Wonderful-05.jpg

Figma-Devilman-Wonderful-06.jpg

Figma-Devilman-Wonderful-07.jpg

Figma-Devilman-Wonderful-08.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DylanRaven055 said:

Wow, he looks kinda grotesque, this design reminds me of the Titans from AoT.

I never liked the Devilman interpretations from the 1990's McFarlanish toyline or the 2000's Amon Darkside of Devilman manga.  It's cool to revisit a vintage figure & update it but I prefer a different look & color. Lately, Devilman figures have been stuck on that edgy phase look such as the Devilman Variable Action Heroes. 

• Like 1

Aside from the SH Figuarts, Devilman hasn't really ventured outside of the edgy versions & I think it's about time to get some traditional designed figures or from recent manga & anime material. Devilman has so many cool alternate designs & variant characters & I'm annoyed that most figures are in a style that I don't like. I would like to see these someday: Akuma Kishi & Devilman Saga.

Akuma Kishi.jpg

Saga 1.jpg

• Like 1

Detail work is really impressive here. I assume they are betting on selling this figuree because it looks so cool rather than fan base ? Max factory is weird with that, they didn’t do much good with Neon genesis  evangelion  license   Imo. 

11 hours ago, THEAnimeHERO said:

Aside from the SH Figuarts, Devilman hasn't really ventured outside of the edgy versions & I think it's about time to get some traditional designed figures or from recent manga & anime material. Devilman has so many cool alternate designs & variant characters & I'm annoyed that most figures are in a style that I don't like. I would like to see these someday: Akuma Kishi & Devilman Saga.

Akuma Kishi.jpg

Saga 1.jpg

Looks cool. Kind of has that Saint Seiya vibe to it. 

With the new Netflix Devilman, you'd think someone would give us that version in toy form. I think I remember seeing a statue for it, but that's it. 

2 hours ago, silverback77346 said:

Uh ok, I looked at this, then looked again. Then again. So now I kinda question the design of the crotch area. That looks a little naked to me. But then again this is a Devil. Get this guy a pair of shorts.

That's because he is naked. In most adaptations, Devilman tends to have a bare chest while having fur from the waist down which covers his junk. Devilman wears superhero briefs in the Toei tokusatsu Devilman 1972 anime. However, other demons & devilmen in the Devilman series are usually naked such as Sirene/Silene or Devilman Lady. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Thinwheat said:

Looks cool. Kind of has that Saint Seiya vibe to it. 

With the new Netflix Devilman, you'd think someone would give us that version in toy form. I think I remember seeing a statue for it, but that's it. 

The same applies to the Cyborg 009 VS Devilman which only has a statue of him & it's one of his best updated redesigns.  The Crybaby version would've been cool since his hands are humongous & the tail is extremely longer than usual. 

22 hours ago, SpiderS said:

Detail work is really impressive here. I assume they are betting on selling this figuree because it looks so cool rather than fan base ? Max factory is weird with that, they didn’t do much good with Neon genesis  evangelion  license   Imo. 

I've been wanting a traditional looking Devilman. The only one that exists is the SH Figuarts but that's just a one design of many from the character's 47 years of being published. 50th anniversary will be in 2022 so I hope that brings forth something I desire something like the look in Cyborg 009 VS Devilman.

t3.png

21 hours ago, THEAnimeHERO said:

I've been wanting a traditional looking Devilman. The only one that exists is the SH Figuarts but that's just a one design of many from the character's 47 years of being published. 50th anniversary will be in 2022 so I hope that brings forth something I desire something like the look in Cyborg 009 VS Devilman.

t3.png

We can hope so. Depending how this figure will do. 

• 2 weeks later...