JayC

Mattel's Masters Of The Universe Origins Sky Sled And More Announced At PowerCon 2019

I loved Mattels/Super7, wish I jumped one these when they were going. Not a fan of the retro stuff, but I think keeping it alive is awesome for those that do. My hope is it will open the door for new stuff like classics.

15 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

That should be a new origin Grayskull castle, because I used to have the original and the one at that picture looks different inside... Different accessories an even the elevator columns are different...

Its not the original one, its the recent one released through MattyCollector a few years back for the MOTUC line.

• Thanks 1

I actually prefer the MOTU 200x look, but I do have to admit that if this new line is backwards compatible with the original vehicles and playsets, then that's a huge plus. Also, the price point they are looking to implement seems to be pretty good and  might really help the line succeed. Having said that, I am already really invested in the Mega Construx MOTU stuff and I am glad that line is going to continue.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, sonic360 said:

Also, the price point they are looking to implement seems to be pretty good and  might really help the line succeed.

About this, I think I have mixed opinions, although the low price is a good incentive, I think that the fact that they decided to drop the extra pairs of hands to reduce the price was not quite right, at least the general consensus is that these extras would have given more versatility to the figures, I like this line and I want it to succed but honestly I do not see it having much acceptance among the children's market.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, sonic360 said:

I actually prefer the MOTU 200x look, but I do have to admit that if this new line is backwards compatible with the original vehicles and playsets, then that's a huge plus. Also, the price point they are looking to implement seems to be pretty good and  might really help the line succeed. Having said that, I am already really invested in the Mega Construx MOTU stuff and I am glad that line is going to continue.

It's time for celebration...

Motu is getting back in full force!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

It's time for celebration...

Motu is getting back in full force!

... Yeah, unquestionably, the question here is: for how long?.🤔

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Neovorticism2 said:

... Yeah, unquestionably, the question here is: for how long?.🤔

Likely that will depend on the status of the movie. If the movie falls flat or not at all, then likely the toys will do the same.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JayC said:

Likely that will depend on the status of the movie. If the movie falls flat or not at all, then likely the toys will do the same.

In fact, something of concern to some is that we have almost no information about the film. Another thing that could be disturbing is that, for many people, sony pictures is not so good at making movies.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JayC said:

Finger crossed for a successful release...

30 minutes ago, tudortiger2000 said:

Trap Jaw is looking dang good!  Will there ever be an articulted Cringer in the horizon?

There is already a picture of battle cat with removable mask like the original version so that should count as your articulated Gringer.... I highly doubt Mattel will make a new Gringer figure looking like the cartoon since this line is based of the original toys.

Shiz, there’s a rumor on some MOTU fans groups on Facebook that the Origins line will be a Walmart exclusive, heck!...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FigureAttack said:

I hope that is not true. It shows a lack of confidence right out of the gate for the line.

I think people might be getting the WWE/MOTU figures which are Walmart exclusives confused with the new line. If by chance it did become a Walmart exclusive that would probably be more a sign of retailers having a lack of confidence than Mattel.

• Thanks 1

David Clark form the Facebook group Masters of the Universe Origins Fans was the one who started to spread the rumor, without any back up to support his claims, but Robert Rudman, Mattel copywriter who's working on the Origins minicomics, had already clarified the confusion about it. It seems that the MOTUO line will be sold initially only at walmart stores but some time after most retailers will start to sell the line.

IMG_20191227_153412.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Neovorticism2 said:

David Clark form the Facebook group Masters of the Universe Origins Fans was the one who started to spread the rumor, without any back up to support his claims, but Robert Rudman, Mattel copywriter who's working on the Origins minicomics, had already clarified the confusion about it. It seems that the MOTUO line will be sold initially only at walmart stores but some time after most retailers will start to sell the line.

IMG_20191227_153412.jpg

Great... I will get them at Walmart or Target.

On 12/27/2019 at 4:36 PM, Neovorticism2 said:

So someone explain the reasoning behind going exclusive for a bit before being available everywhere? I just don't get it. Is Mattel getting a kickback from Walmart? Does Walmart get a kickback from Mattel? Again, it seems more like "dipping toes in water" before really releasing everything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, FigureAttack said:

So someone explain the reasoning behind going exclusive for a bit before being available everywhere? I just don't get it. Is Mattel getting a kickback from Walmart? Does Walmart get a kickback from Mattel? Again, it seems more like "dipping toes in water" before really releasing everything.

Maybe that's how they will continue testing the waters, for some it seems like an indication that Mattel still doesn't have full confidence in the brand or maybe it's just that Walmart was interested in being the first retailer to sell them, I don't know; now I wonder if this means Walmart will start selling them before the supposed release date.  Another thing that stands out here is the lack of transparency in the plans, it is very clear that Mattel is not telling us everything, I know that there are details that cannot be revealed to the public and that there are things that are better to reveal in a surprising way, but there also detailstthat must be tell to avoid confutions, the lack of transparency and communication with the fans was, partly, what damaged its credibility in the times of Matty and Motuc, but you know this is Mattel.

• Thanks 1

I think that by Mattel distributing the new MOTUO at Walmart it's a smart idea since that's the number one retail store companies are trying to sell their goods and it's also the number one store the general public buy's their needs for home...

7 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

I think that by Mattel distributing the new MOTUO at Walmart it's a smart idea since that's the number one retail store companies are trying to sell their goods and it's also the number one store the general public buy's their needs for home...

I don't deny that, it's just that they should have mentioned it before to avoid possible misunderstandings.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Neovorticism2 said:

I don't deny that, it's just that they should have mentioned it before to avoid possible misunderstandings.

Probably those news have been kept as a secret from management at Mattel to see the reaction of the public or to not damage their relation with other retail stores...

39 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Probably those news have been kept as a secret from management at Mattel to see the reaction of the public or to not damage their relation with other retail stores...

If that was the plan, the reaction from the fan community was not very favorable.

• Haha 1