Paramount, Hasbro Developing Possible 'Chuckles' G.I. Joe Spinoff Movie

Outsiders

Currently being developed is a new G.I. Joe movie, a new G.I. Joe movie based on the Ninja Commando Snake-Eyes and now Paramount and Hasbro are looking to begin development on another new G.I. Joe movie based on or around the Undercover Criminal Investigations, Chuckles.

The Hollywood Reporter is reporting that the companies have hired Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec, who are writing the untitled scripted project.  The character of Chuckles is not the center of the film but the project is in deep development and things could change.

Appelbaum and Nemec wrote the recent Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies as well as Mission: Impossible: Ghost Protocol.  They are also working on Rainbow Six, the Tom Clancy-based anti-terrorism thriller set up at Paramount with Michael B. Jordan producing.

Chuckles_GI_Joe.jpg

2 hours ago, Kenwriter said:

Maybe they should focus on the base movie, before thinking about spin-offs, especially spin-offs about random characters like Chuckles.

You know, I forgot there was even a character named Chuckles.

On 8/11/2019 at 9:30 AM, SpiderS said:

I wonder if they might connect Gi joe, Transformers and power ranger into one cinematic universe, that would be cool tbh. 

I remember hearing something about a shared universe a while back, don't know if that's still the plan or they are going for something different.

12 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

I remember hearing something about a shared universe a while back, don't know if that's still the plan or they are going for something different.

Yep that was Hasbro's grand plan but I don't think all went according to plan and that idea seems to have fallen apart. Hasbro was originally supposed to have had their second annual Hascon convention this year which I believe they had hoped to use to kinda kick off these movies but all of that fell apart. No new movies and the Hascon convention has been put on hiatus until further notice.

When the original Bay Transformers movie came out it was deemed a pretty huge success and I think everyone thought these classic toylines would be the next great vehicle for blockbuster movies like we've seen comics do for the super hero movies. Well every toy based movie (not including things like LEGO) that has come since Transformers and including Transformers which continued to have some box office successes but pretty much was panned by fans and critics alike to the point where even it started to bomb has failed to show these toy lines can really draw a big box office crowd. Obviously the companies that hold the licenses for these toy brands are still pushing hard to make movies based on them, but seems like everytime now they fall apart before they ever really get going, and the few that do actually get made don't seem to do well at the box office making it even harder for the next one to get made.

GIJoe had two opportunities thanks to the initial success of the first Transformers movie, and failed both times. The second one did better than the first but wasn't a hit and when you consider the big name Hollywood actors they brought in for that second one like The Rock and Bruce Willis, I think overall it was deemed a failure. Hasbro still pushes year after year to try and get another one made but I really doubt its going to happen, no matter what the rumors might say. 

• Like 1