JayC

Super7 Teases ThunderCats

I’m excited that the line is coming back finally but the price point is concerning.  I was anticipating the same MOTUC $35 price point which is frankly already a hard pill to swallow.  Now it’s $45.  And these are the prices for the rerelease figures where there is minimal new tooling/design/engineering/sculpting/etc. work required.  If memory serves I think when S7 did the Ultimates for MOTU weren’t those $30 and then when the new figures with new tooling started they went up to $35 (someone correct me if I’m wrong).  So now if that same math applies does that mean when they get to the new figures we’re looking at potentially a $50 + tax/shipping price point?  

As far as these Ultimates TCats go I already have the Mattel ones.  They are still MIB on my shelf cause at the time I figured if the line was going to be only 7 figures I still wanted them but didn’t need to open them as a line that small often looks better in box on display (I had a second set of the SDCC 2 pack so I did open one of those).  Had these S7 Ultimates/rereleases been cheaper I probably would have picked them up to be my loose set, but now I’m just waiting to see what figures get produced beyond what we’ve had so far and then if it does turn out to be a flushed out or robust line I’ll just go back and open up the Mattel figures.  

So in summary I’m excited for Thundercats happening, but not excited for the Ultimates just because with them being really expensive rereleases they end up being a pass.  I will be excited about new/never released figures getting revealed once they get announced, but wary about the price point.  Regardless when there are new character reveals I’ll probably end up getting them despite the price BUT if we’re looking at price points at $40+ then I’m guessing the line will be unfortunately limited cause that price would make it too difficult to sell some of the more obscure characters.  That’s too bad cause it would have been great to have this be a larger line filled with not only the core but also the more obscure characters that help to flush out the universe (similar to MOTU Classics).  But at these higher prices I think the core are really going to be the only characters possible.  

So happy that I can now get that Lion-O, ordered the Ultimate quick. Looking forward to seeing what Powercon holds.

I was excited to see some Thundercats figures at retail. Then I seen the prices. That price is a tad high.

I don't know much about Matty Collector or Super 7 so I'm not too sure if prices like this are normal. Going by comments and videos talking about them though, I don't think they are. I just want some cool toys that aren't too expensive. I don't have enough to spread around these days.

• Like 1

Shown below is a look at the ThunderCats Ultimates on display at this weekends PowerCon via Pixel-Dan. If you missed it earlier this week, Super7 announced they were going to be taking over from Mattel the ThunderCats Classic line starting with these 4 re-issued figures (Lion-O, Panthro, Jackalman and Mummy Mum-Ra) that included added accessories. These figures are currently up for pre-order at BigBadToyStore.com.

Hopefully Super7 will be announcing if not showing the next wave of figures they plan on doing after these re-issues.

Ultimate-ThunderCats-01.jpg

Ultimate-ThunderCats-02.jpg

Ultimate-ThunderCats-03.jpg

Ultimate-ThunderCats-04.jpg

Not hearing anything yet on specifics but dates for upcoming TCats waves have been announced at the Super7 PowerCon panel

Wave 1 - Now

Wave 2 - January 2020 - 4 Figures

Wave 3 - April 2020 - 4 Figures

Wave 4 - July 2020 - 4 Figures

Wave 5 - October 2020 - 4 figures.

So looks like Super7 is keeping mum on wave 2.  I can see it now wave 2 will be Wily Kit, Wily Kat, Jaga and Rune.

If they had released these figures with less accessories and in a range of $ 30- $ 35 now I would be all in their hands.

3 hours ago, JayC said:

Not hearing anything yet on specifics but dates for upcoming TCats waves have been announced at the Super7 PowerCon panel

Wave 1 - Now

Wave 2 - January 2020 - 4 Figures

Wave 3 - April 2020 - 4 Figures

Wave 4 - July 2020 - 4 Figures

Wave 5 - October 2020 - 4 figures.

4 Waves in a year? Dont get me wrong Im happy with as many TC figures as I can get my hands on but knowing Super 7 Im a bit skeptical that they can release 4 waves in a single year 

46 minutes ago, abnuggler said:

4 Waves in a year? Dont get me wrong Im happy with as many TC figures as I can get my hands on but knowing Super 7 Im a bit skeptical that they can release 4 waves in a single year 

Keep in mind its possible production on a number of them could have started while under Mattel, we know of two unreleased ones with Rune and Jaga but that doesn't mean the Four Horsemen hadn't worked on others.

Has there been any news on how the claw shield attaches to Lion-O? I don't see the peg from the Mattel version or a peg hole.

2 hours ago, JayC said:

Keep in mind its possible production on a number of them could have started while under Mattel, we know of two unreleased ones with Rune and Jaga but that doesn't mean the Four Horsemen hadn't worked on others.

I guess youre right, still from super 7 almost always runnuning late with their estimated release dates and the fact that they plan on doing 4 tmnt waves and 4 thundercats waves (not included any other waves of other lines) and them being a smaller company thats where my hesitation comes from, I dont think they wont be made I just think they seem over eager with their estimations and I think 3 waves  of each line sound a little more realistic when you take in account super 7's track record

1 minute ago, abnuggler said:

I guess youre right, still from super 7 almost always runnuning late with their estimated release dates and the fact that they plan on doing 4 tmnt waves and 4 thundercats waves (not included any other waves of other lines) and them being a smaller company thats where my hesitation comes from, I dont think they wont be made I just think they seem over eager with their estimations and I think 3 waves  of each line sound a little more realistic when you take in account super 7's track record

Yeah I wouldn't be super surprised if they miss deadlines and such.

• Like 1

Super7 today revealed concept art for the packaging of their upcoming Ultimate ThunderCats line. This design is pending licensor approval so it's possible the final version may differ from what is shown here.

The debut wave includes: Lion-O! Jackalman! Mummy Mumm-Ra! Panthro! Each 7" super-articulated deluxe action figure is available separately and comes straight from Third Earth to you, beautifully painted and featuring a huge variety of interchangeable parts and accessories. You can pre-order these figures from Megalopolis.Toys.

Ultimate-ThunderCats-Packaging.jpg

Super 7 definitely won’t deliver 4 waves in a year but they will sure take the money for 4 waves of Thundercats and TMNT ,still waiting  on final wave of club grayskull to arrive