JayC

Super7 Teases ThunderCats

On 8/10/2019 at 5:33 PM, abnuggler said:

Con's:

- Shotty QC issues on Super 7's End (This is one of the main issues that concern most of us.

- Expensive International Shippings on Super 7.

Precisely those are the cons of more weight for me and are the ones that are pulling me away. Another problem that I have is the fact of acquiring the figures directly with them, everything I buy I get it almost exclusively trough BBTS , and I know that BBTS sells super7 stuff although at a higher cost, but that only makes this stuff even less attractive for me. What a trouble.

Super7 looks to be taking over the ThunderCats Classic line originally started by Mattel and to start things off they are re-issuing 4 of the same figures Mattel already did with added accessories and maybe some variant paint applications. I can't really tell from these images if the paint is the same or not. Similar to what we saw with Masters of the Universe, the line is being called Ultimates.

The figures cost $45 each and here is how the figures breakdown:

Lion-O
Sword Of Omens
Claw Shield
Claw Shield with Sword of Omens
Alternate Claw Shield
Alternate Claw Shield with Sword of Omens
Interchangeable Hands
Interchangeable Head
Book of Omens

Panthro
Sword Of Omens
Claw Shield
Claw Shield with Sword of Omens
Alternate Claw Shield
Alternate Claw Shield with Sword of Omens
Interchangeable Hands
Interchangeable Head
Book of Omens

Jackalman

Club
Axe
Mutant Net Gun
Mutant Guns
Interchangeable Hands
Interchangeable Head

Mummy Mum-Ra
Poseable Fabric Cape with wire insert
Plastic Cape
Staff
Sword of Plun-Darr
Book of Omens Repaint
Thundranium Urn
Rosenkrantz Medallion
Interchangable Head

Each Ultimate Thundercats figure will be packaged in a deluxe slip-case window box with the accessories. No word on a release date but it does appear you can individually pre-order these.

Super7-ThunderCats-Jackalman-01.png

Super7-ThunderCats-Lion-O-02.jpg

Super7-ThunderCats-Lion-O-03.jpg

Super7-ThunderCats-Mumm-Ra-01.png

Super7-ThunderCats-Panthro-01.png

• Like 1

So it's the same figures we've already gotten with some added accessories that now cost $45 each. Yeah thats gonna go over well.

I think another Jackalman for me is on the card. I do kinda wish I waited for that Mum-ra the soft goods cape is a far better option then the almost static solid rubbery plastic one. I get that people are ticked that these are all the same figures at a higher price point then previous. but I hope we will get the go ahead for newer figures if we get a wave 2 and more

So...if I pre-order these now, will I be charged right away, or just when they're in-stock/shipped?

So yeah, I didn't expect anything more or anything less from them, for now I will remain on the fence (a fence that is far away) just to see what happens, TBH $45.00 per figure is not a price I feel like paying for something comming from them. Good luck to all interested in these figures. Over and out comrades.

2 hours ago, JayC said:

So it's the same figures we've already gotten with some added accessories that now cost $45 each. Yeah thats gonna go over well.

Better than ebay prices at the moment. Lion-O is around $200 figure, if you can find one, while Mattel Club Grayskull He-Man can still be found in the low $100's.

2 hours ago, Devilbat said:

So...if I pre-order these now, will I be charged right away, or just when they're in-stock/shipped?

If you order from Super7 you'll be charged right away and the shipping fees are pretty big. The figures won't even come out till mid to late 2020 at least according to Entertainment Earth. The best method for lower prices is to order them at Bigbadtoystore for the $4 shipping.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Devilbat said:

Not sure, if you pre-ordered from BBTS they wont charge you till they ship. Dont know how Super7 works it if you got them directly from them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, THEAnimeHERO said:

Better than ebay prices at the moment. Lion-O is around $200 figure, if you can find one, while Mattel Club Grayskull He-Man can still be found in the low $100's.

I guess but I already have the figure cause I bought it when it cost $25 off of MattyCollector, so I don't need to pay $200 or whatever insane price someone is trying to get for it on eBay. Obviously even though its quit a price jump from Mattel to these, its better to get these than get the Mattel ones off the secondary market, but I have to wonder how many people are really out there that are interested in collecting these didn't already get them from Mattel. If you passed on these when Mattel offered them why would you want them now, for a few additional accessories?

At the end of the day, anyone who needs these and wants to get them I am happy they will have the opportunity as long as getting the remaining characters like Tygra and Cheetarah isn't dependent on how well these sell.

3 minutes ago, JayC said:

I guess but I already have the figure cause I bought it when it cost $25 off of MattyCollector, so I don't need to pay $200 or whatever insane price someone is trying to get for it on eBay. Obviously even though its quit a price jump from Mattel to these, its better to get these than get the Mattel ones off the secondary market, but I have to wonder how many people are really out there that are interested in collecting these didn't already get them from Mattel. If you passed on these when Mattel offered them why would you want them now, for a few additional accessories?

At the end of the day, anyone who needs these and wants to get them I am happy they will have the opportunity as long as getting the remaining characters like Tygra and Cheetarah isn't dependent on how well these sell.

I'm sure there's plenty who missed out like me. I wasn't into Thundercats because I wasn't born in the 1980's and same can be said for those who weren't interested in collecting action figures since their initial release date. By the time I became familiar with the property or when I wanted to start collecting  "Oh, they don't sell them anymore".  And then I realized you always have to remain up to date with information due to limited runs, pre-order windows, exclusives or anniversary releases. As of 2018, I gradually became interested in 80's material and stumbled around the toyetic shows which fascinated me. While I did grow up with 90's cartoons, the 80's definitely had a different vibe to them. It was very reminiscent of 80's anime which I'm very into. I already have a Lion-O & Mumm-Ra Decayed Form but I am missing a Panthro. I'm not willing to pay ebay prices, especially when I have this option. I would like to see Tygra, Cheetara & Mumm-Ra The Ever Living which probably won't happen till 2021 given Super7's schedule. I do agree $45 retail is pretty up there, especially when previous Super7 Ultimate releases were $35 which was already a bit higher than normal. I was expecting to pay something of this level since Bigbad usually charges $49.99 for Super7 figures instead of grabbing a whole wave or when Bigbad had their brief Matty Collector sale with Mumm-Ra at that price. It's still cheaper than the alternatives but I would like it if the prices were the regular $35 or lower. It'll likely be a turn off for potential new fans for Thundercats but I do hope Super7 does manage new characters in the long run & the quality control improves, especially on Cheetara's release if any.

• Like 1

These look good especially with the added accessories but I don't love Thundercats that much. This is good for the people that missed out on them the first time and people that really love the show but I'm gonna pass.

• Like 1

I am very excited about this, despite the higher price, I missed the Mattel ones, so here is a good chance to get them. I really hope that they get to at least make the core characters. It is all I need

Kind of interested in these, but I think I will wait to see what others think of the QC. Like others have said on here, I've heard that Super 7 has had QC issues in the past.  The overall sets look really nice with lots of good accessories, but the price definitely makes me think twice when I don't know how good the final product will be.

I was really looking forward to this announcement and was really hoping for at least a couple new figures, but as is even though I'd like to back this line cause I really want a Wave 2 with new figures I already have all the mattel ones and the added accessories dont warrant a second purchase (at least for me, I might pick up a Lion-O just cause that one was the one that needed the extra hands and the most issues on the first release, the rest are a bit pricey for a repeated figure) For new figures I would be willing to pay the 45 cause I do like Thundercats a lot but for a reissue of a figure I already have I dont think I will (Even though I would really like to support the line) hopefully this is like the MOTUC Super 7 where the Ultimates were just a start of the line for collectors to be able to get previous figures that at the time were hard to get and they already have a regular wave planned with new figures.

12 hours ago, THEAnimeHERO said:

I'm sure there's plenty who missed out like me. I wasn't into Thundercats because I wasn't born in the 1980's and same can be said for those who weren't interested in collecting action figures since their initial release date. By the time I became familiar with the property or when I wanted to start collecting  "Oh, they don't sell them anymore".  And then I realized you always have to remain up to date with information due to limited runs, pre-order windows, exclusives or anniversary releases. As of 2018, I gradually became interested in 80's material and stumbled around the toyetic shows which fascinated me. While I did grow up with 90's cartoons, the 80's definitely had a different vibe to them. It was very reminiscent of 80's anime which I'm very into. I already have a Lion-O & Mumm-Ra Decayed Form but I am missing a Panthro. I'm not willing to pay ebay prices, especially when I have this option. I would like to see Tygra, Cheetara & Mumm-Ra The Ever Living which probably won't happen till 2021 given Super7's schedule. I do agree $45 retail is pretty up there, especially when previous Super7 Ultimate releases were $35 which was already a bit higher than normal. I was expecting to pay something of this level since Bigbad usually charges $49.99 for Super7 figures instead of grabbing a whole wave or when Bigbad had their brief Matty Collector sale with Mumm-Ra at that price. It's still cheaper than the alternatives but I would like it if the prices were the regular $35 or lower. It'll likely be a turn off for potential new fans for Thundercats but I do hope Super7 does manage new characters in the long run & the quality control improves, especially on Cheetara's release if any.

I would disagree about there being plenty who missed out AND NOW want them. These figures where originally released just over a year ago. If you weren't into ThunderCats then why would you be into them now? Again I am sure there are a few who missed out that might be interested for any number of reasons, especially those outside the US, but I don't think that's going to be a large number, hell I am not even sure if everyone who collects ThunderCats action figures bought these, that would really be considered a large number in the overall scheme of things. I think there is a reason why every company that takes this license on seems to cancel or struggle to give us even the main core characters. ThunderCats seems to be one of those licenses like say MASK and a few others that has a small loud online vocal following of fans based on 80's nostalgia,  but just not sure that translates into a large enough consumer base to really support a toyline.

• Like 2

I don't have faith in this to be honest. Price point is kinda high. As a sign of good faith, they should have released these ultimates at $30 a piece. It wouldn't shock me if they released Tygra and Cheetara as some con exclusive for double the price.

• Like 1

I was hoping they'd retool a few things on these figures as an incentive to buy them again. Maybe they did and it's very subtle, but just by these pictures it looks like the same we've had before with a few new accessories. I still preordered the wave. I'm hoping we'll get the full team so gotta support it now. 

It'd be cool if they released a more cartoon-style Lion-O head sculpt to go with this body. The detailed hair is fine, but it looks more like a realistically skewed styling of Lion-O. The head sculpt for the Funko Savage Lion-O that recently released is beautiful and for what it is, I think does a better job than the Mattel sculpt at giving Lion-O's hair that ever flowing feel to it. If they release a head sculpt that has that smoother, more cartoon styled look to it, I'll buy this figure twice just to get it. The Mezco Lion-O also has a great sculpt to it. 

BBTS has these up for a dollar less than Super7 and with their flat rate shipping, you might as well preorder there. I guess these toy companies have conditioned me to get used to the price hikes, because these prices don't surprise me. If this brand is as niche as people on here keep suggesting then that'll mean lower production numbers which usually means higher production costs. Super7 isn't the giant Mattel is and Thundercats isn't MOTU either, apparently. Then if you account for the extra accessories, this price seems to be expected I'd say. 

Here's some more info on it. Posted by ToyGalaxy on his IG. I wish they were around $30.

68451226_733125040438367_6903182801785323520_n.jpg

• Like 1

Not having gotten the previous ones, these look tempting. Nonetheless, I'll wait for the (probably non-happening), 2011 versions. I really loved those designs and the story was extremely cool and heading for greatness... still, it didn't have much success so I'm not holding my breath.

11 hours ago, Engreido2814 said:

Here's some more info on it. Posted by ToyGalaxy on his IG. I wish they were around $30.

68451226_733125040438367_6903182801785323520_n.jpg

If thats the case Ill suport the line as soon as we see new figures (If I didnt have the mattel ones I'd buy these Ultimates, but for $45 its too much for a repeated figure in my collection just to suport the line), hopefully we'll see new characters soon and this isnt just a rouse to make people buy these figures to be able to go on with the figures.