Super7 Teases ThunderCats

JayC

Not hearing anything yet on specifics but dates for upcoming TCats waves have been announced at the Super7 PowerCon panel

Wave 1 - Now

Wave 2 - January 2020 - 4 Figures

Wave 3 - April 2020 - 4 Figures

Wave 4 - July 2020 - 4 Figures

Wave 5 - October 2020 - 4 figures.

3 hours ago, JayC said:

Not hearing anything yet on specifics but dates for upcoming TCats waves have been announced at the Super7 PowerCon panel

Wave 1 - Now

Wave 2 - January 2020 - 4 Figures

Wave 3 - April 2020 - 4 Figures

Wave 4 - July 2020 - 4 Figures

Wave 5 - October 2020 - 4 figures.

4 Waves in a year? Dont get me wrong Im happy with as many TC figures as I can get my hands on but knowing Super 7 Im a bit skeptical that they can release 4 waves in a single year 

46 minutes ago, abnuggler said:

4 Waves in a year? Dont get me wrong Im happy with as many TC figures as I can get my hands on but knowing Super 7 Im a bit skeptical that they can release 4 waves in a single year 

Keep in mind its possible production on a number of them could have started while under Mattel, we know of two unreleased ones with Rune and Jaga but that doesn't mean the Four Horsemen hadn't worked on others.

Has there been any news on how the claw shield attaches to Lion-O? I don't see the peg from the Mattel version or a peg hole.

2 hours ago, JayC said:

Keep in mind its possible production on a number of them could have started while under Mattel, we know of two unreleased ones with Rune and Jaga but that doesn't mean the Four Horsemen hadn't worked on others.

I guess youre right, still from super 7 almost always runnuning late with their estimated release dates and the fact that they plan on doing 4 tmnt waves and 4 thundercats waves (not included any other waves of other lines) and them being a smaller company thats where my hesitation comes from, I dont think they wont be made I just think they seem over eager with their estimations and I think 3 waves  of each line sound a little more realistic when you take in account super 7's track record

1 minute ago, abnuggler said:

I guess youre right, still from super 7 almost always runnuning late with their estimated release dates and the fact that they plan on doing 4 tmnt waves and 4 thundercats waves (not included any other waves of other lines) and them being a smaller company thats where my hesitation comes from, I dont think they wont be made I just think they seem over eager with their estimations and I think 3 waves  of each line sound a little more realistic when you take in account super 7's track record

Yeah I wouldn't be super surprised if they miss deadlines and such.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Super7 today revealed concept art for the packaging of their upcoming Ultimate ThunderCats line. This design is pending licensor approval so it's possible the final version may differ from what is shown here.

The debut wave includes: Lion-O! Jackalman! Mummy Mumm-Ra! Panthro! Each 7" super-articulated deluxe action figure is available separately and comes straight from Third Earth to you, beautifully painted and featuring a huge variety of interchangeable parts and accessories. You can pre-order these figures from Megalopolis.Toys.

Ultimate-ThunderCats-Packaging.jpg

• 3 months later...

It looks like Super7 has possibly revealed the second wave of their upcoming 7" Ultimates ThunderCats figures via their latest Instagram stories video. In the video they show a table with several ThunderCats figures standing on it which includes Grune, Tygra, Mumm-Ra (Non-mumified version) with Ma-Mutt and Pumyra which seems to have had the height adjusted on from the version Mattel released. The image isn't very clear and of course these might not necessarily all be slated for wave 2, though that is the going theory. Hopefully we will be getting an official announcement soon.

Thundercats-wave-2.jpg

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JayC said:

It looks like Super7 has possibly revealed the second wave of their upcoming 7" Ultimates ThunderCats figures via their latest Instagram stories video. In the video they show a table with several ThunderCats figures standing on it which includes Grune, Tygra, Mumm-Ra (Non-mumified version) with Ma-Mutt and Pumyra which seems to have had the height adjusted on from the version Mattel released. The image isn't very clear and of course these might not necessarily all be slated for wave 2, though that is the going theory. Hopefully we will be getting an official announcement soon.

Thundercats-wave-2.jpg

Oh wow these are indeed great news...

I may have to sell a couple of things in my collection to buy the future wave...

Thundercats and Turtles are two lines I’m willing to go down the rabbit hole with.  I will get anything they throw at me so bring it on.  However I hope just like all TC fans that they at least get the core cast made finally in a cohesive line.  I also want my mutants.  I’m a sucker and I am rebuying the first wave just to show my support.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Super7 has finally released full details and images for their second wave of 7" Ultimates ThunderCats figures which includes Tygra, Mumm-Ra The Ever-Living, Grune and Pumyra. Pre-orders for these will open on Monday, January 6, 2020 until Friday, January 31, 2020. The figures will include the following accessories:

Tygra
-Solid Whip
-String Whip
-Retracted whip
-Alternate Head
-Alternate Hands

Mumm-Ra The Ever-Living

Super7's Second Wave Of Ultimates ThunderCats Figures Fully Revealed

by Jay Cochran - [edit post]
December 30, 2019
Super7 has finally released full details and images for their second wave of 7" Ultimates ThunderCats figures which includes Tygra, Mumm-Ra The Ever-Living, Grune and Pumyra. Pre-orders for these will open on Monday, January 6, 2020 until Friday, January 31, 2020. The figures will include the following accessories:

Tygra
-Solid Whip
-String Whip
-Retracted whip
-Alternate Head
-Alternate Hands

Mumm-Ra The Ever-Living
-Key of Thundera
-Mighty Gyroscope Regulator
-Extended sword of Plun-Darr
-Ma-Mutt
-Soft Cape
-Alternate Head
-Alternate Hands

Grune
-Club
-Brass Knuckles
-Seal of Grune
-Broken Seal of Grune
-Broken Sword of Omens
-Alternate Armor with Thundercats Logo
-Alternate Head
-Alternate Hands

Pumyra
-New Legs
-Sling with Bombs
-Belt
-Totem of Dara
-Glave
-Alternate Head
-Alternate Hands

Super7-ThunderCats-Wave-2-Grune-01.jpg

Super7-ThunderCats-Wave-2-Mumm-Ra-The-Ever-Living-01.jpg

Super7-ThunderCats-Wave-2-Pumyra-01.jpg

Super7-ThunderCats-Wave-2-Tygra-01.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Tygra
-Solid Whip
-String Whip
-Retracted whip
-Alternate Head
-Alternate Hands

Mumm-Ra The Ever-Living
-New Legs
-Sling with Bombs
-Belt
-Totem of Dara
-Glave