NECA Teases Final 7" DC Vs Dark Horse Action Figure Set

JayC

NECA has released a new preview image which shows off their upcoming Yautja of the Sinestro Corps Predator figure that is based on on an obscure appearance back during Green Lantern Vol 4 #24 and the Sinestro Corps War storyline.

This all but confirms the rumors that NECA's 4th and final DC Vs. Dark Horse action figure 2-pack will be based on Green Lantern, however it's still not entirely clear which version of Green Lantern we will get in the set. The issue in which the Predator character appears in contains a multitude of Green Lantern characters including Hal Jordan, Jon Stewart and Kyle Rayner. In fact the Green Lantern that actually killed the Predator character during the attack on Earth was a female Green Lantern by the name of Boodikka.

Being this is likely the one and only time NECA will be able to do a Green Lantern action figure I doubt they will waste the opportunity on an obscure character like Boodikka. More than likely it will be a figure based on Hal Jordan, the most recognizable character in the Green Lanterns Corps, but we will have to wait and see just a little while longer.

This Green Lantern set along with the Batman Vs Joker Alien set will both be released later this year as a New York Comic Con exclusive, with at some point a limited number being sold online at NECA's webstore.

The first two sets which featured Superman vs an Alien and Armored Batman vs a Predator were released as San Diego Comic Con exclusives last month.

Check out images of both the Predator preview image and the Batman vs Joker set below and stay-tuned for more details on these as they become available.

NECA-Batman-Vs-Joker-Alien-Preview.jpg

NECA-Predator-Vs-Green-Lantern-Preview.jpg

• Like 2

Now I'm curious who'll make the better Batman this year; Mattel or NECA. The Batman from Batman VS TMNT definitely has a potential from what I seen in reviews of Mikey as Batman which had nice tight joints. Then there's NECA which has the details but don't know which of the two will have better articulation. Sinistro Corp Predator looks great but I hope John Stewart will be made but more than likely it'll be Hal Jordan. 

10 hours ago, THEAnimeHERO said:

Now I'm curious who'll make the better Batman this year; Mattel or NECA. The Batman from Batman VS TMNT definitely has a potential from what I seen in reviews of Mikey as Batman which had nice tight joints. Then there's NECA which has the details but don't know which of the two will have better articulation. Sinistro Corp Predator looks great but I hope John Stewart will be made but more than likely it'll be Hal Jordan. 

DC Collectibles is making the Batman from the Batman vs TMNT not Mattel.

• Like 1

I wish Neca would have just added armored parts with regular  Batman, since they ended up being mostly removable anyway, it would save up spot for New character  figure like Flash, which would require just new boots and head. And yes, Flash did have encounter with Predator, which would be another new type of Predator for NECA’s ever expanding Predator collection. 

815E81A5-FD53-49F8-BBF4-539FA866A3EA.jpeg

That Predator looks very cool, I gotta dig up my Sinestro Corps war trades as I completely forgot about the Predator being a part of it. Hal Jordan is not only my favorite DC Character but one my favorite comics character, if it turns out to be a figure of him paired with this Predator I'm gonna be very excited. 

On 8/2/2019 at 8:33 AM, JayC said:

DC Collectibles is making the Batman from the Batman vs TMNT not Mattel.

Thanks for the correction. I was told before by Toybro.