S.H.Figuarts Tao Pai Pai! Figure Preview From Tamashii Nations

JayC

Tamashii Nations has released a preview image for their upcoming S.H.Figuarts Tao Pai Pai figure which will be on display this weekend at their DragonBall Word Adventure event at the Mexico Toy Unboxing Convention.

SH-Figuarts-DBZ-Tao-Pai-Pai.jpg

Tao Pai Pai better come with a tongue head. I thought the reveal would be Yamcha with Puar or Oolong to cover that original DB cast. I guess other characters that can be done are Jackie Chun, Grandpa Gohan & the Ox King. I would like to see the monsters from Fortune Teller Baba but I doubt the line will go that far.

• 3 weeks later...
Tamashii Nations has released a new image of their upcoming Dragon Ball Z S.H. Figuarts Tao Pai Pai figure which will be released in February 2020. The figure is said to include 3 facial expression option parts and a pillar that allows various posing experiences.

SH-Figuarts-Taopaipai.jpg

On 8/1/2019 at 9:47 PM, THEAnimeHERO said:

Tao Pai Pai better come with a tongue head. I thought the reveal would be Yamcha with Puar or Oolong to cover that original DB cast. I guess other characters that can be done are Jackie Chun, Grandpa Gohan & the Ox King. I would like to see the monsters from Fortune Teller Baba but I doubt the line will go that far.

Apparently there are leaked images of the back part of the box art and although they are low quality it seems like it will include a faceplate with the tounge attack.
As for it being released before Yamcha, I can only imagine Yamcha will come out eventually, Tamashii probably decided to release Tao before since he is a lesser known character to the everyday consumer and including the last Dragon Ball with him will probably make his sales beter, they most likely know Yamcha will sell well anyway so its smart on their part to hold off on him right now, thats probably also why we got a second bulma so soon (even though most collectors like the second version better, we really didnt need her so soon, but packing her with one of the Dragon Balls will make most of us who are collecting the line buy a second bulma so soon even though otherwise we would have probably passed on another bulma so soon). Most of the rest of the characters you mentioned were listed in this year's survey they have been having people fill in during their Dragon Ball World Tour (As far as I remember some of the characters that were mentioned in the DB Classic line were Bandit Yamcha with Puar, Jackie Chun, Ox King, Puar, Pilaf with Sho, Launch, Young Chi-Chi, Android 8 and a Young Tien)