Neovorticism2

First wave of Mcfarlane Toys' DC comics collection leaked?

Website Mephitsu.uk has posted an “official press release” from McFarlane Toys concerning their DC Comics action figure line. The line will be called DC Ultra Collection.

The figures are confirmed as 7 inch. They include comic book, animated and movie figures. Each figure is listed as an "Ultra release", and they will come in a collectors window box. Also included in the pack are a stand and a cardboard display backing piece.

• Movie Harley Quinn (Suicide Squad)
  • Comic Harley Quinn
  • Armoured Super-Man
  • Animated Super-Man
  • Comic Super-Man
  • Comic Nightwing
  • Animated Green Lantern
  • Comic The Batman Who Laughs
  • Comic Batman
  • Animated Batman
  • Comic Hellbat
  • Comic Bat Girl
  • Arrow (we assume by the image an Arrowverse TV Arrow)

7 inch.... Oh noooo... Already really bad start, Todd should be aware that main scale is 6 inches not 7 inches, which wasn’t doing that hot, dcc being proof of that. I hope it turns out to be false. Unless they only have 7 inch license and that other company really got license for 6 inch line. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

7 inch.... Oh noooo... Already really bad start, Todd should be aware that main scale is 6 inches not 7 inches, which wasn’t doing that hot, dcc being proof of that. I hope it turns out to be false. Unless they only have 7 inch license and that other company really got license for 6 inch line. 

TBH I have no problem with this line being in 7 inch, but y'now 6 inch is the "rule" now, despite companies like DST, Neca and Storm Collectibles making stuff in 7 inch.

So, let's wait for some official word from Mcfarlane soon.

• Like 1

My collection is mainly about 6 inch scale, it’s my “bread and butter” so to speak. If they really gonna go 7 inch it’s not the end of the world, considering I already have most of the basic dc characters, but I won’t be collecting their 7 inch line, maybe figure here and there that might fit in collection.  

• Like 1

An animated Batman?! NICE!! :D, of course i'll wait for further info about this line, i don't mind if it's 7 inch as long as they do some Animated character figures i'm looking forward for it

• Like 1

Once again, the articulation is my main concern when it comes to McFarlane.  Having seen their anime, Doom, and MK figures I wouldn't bet its as possible as a ML. 

The character choices are really good though.

I'm fine with a different size scale, because I mostly keep the same line together.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Colt90 said:

Once again, the articulation is my main concern when it comes to McFarlane.  Having seen their anime, Doom, and MK figures I wouldn't bet its as possible as a ML. 

I'm fine with a different size scale, because I mostly keep the same line together.

yeh that does seem like a good point, i mean in a way i do hope the articulation is decent for these figures and yeh i do agree with the character choices and alright the scale as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, memocromatico said:

I like my figures to play nice with each other. If they are going with the 7" scale I'm passing on them.

Too bad, I think it's the good thing about not focusing on a specific scale, I have always believed that otherwise I would be missing a lot of stuff, but come on this is not official yet.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2019 at 4:12 PM, SpiderS said:

"Main scale?"  What does that even mean?  All of McFarlane's recent lines are 7." NECA's scale is 7," as is Diamond Select's.  DC Collectible's primary scale for figures is also 7,"  and they've also made figures in two recent lines in two different 6" scales.  Hasbro and Mattel's collectors lines scale pretty well together and are in yet another different 6" scale, and Hasbro technically has two of its own as the Star Wars Black figures are a bit smaller than Marvel Legends.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Neovorticism2 said:

Website Mephitsu.uk has posted an “official press release” from McFarlane Toys concerning their DC Comics action figure line. The line will be called DC Ultra Collection.

The figures are confirmed as 7 inch. They include comic book, animated and movie figures. Each figure is listed as an "Ultra release", and they will come in a collectors window box. Also included in the pack are a stand and a cardboard display backing piece.

• Movie Harley Quinn (Suicide Squad)
  • Comic Harley Quinn
  • Armoured Super-Man
  • Animated Super-Man
  • Comic Super-Man
  • Comic Nightwing
  • Animated Green Lantern
  • Comic The Batman Who Laughs
  • Comic Batman
  • Animated Batman
  • Comic Hellbat
  • Comic Bat Girl
  • Arrow (we assume by the image an Arrowverse TV Arrow)

LOL, Ok first no that site didn't post an official press release, they saw this unknown UK etailer which is the actual original source for this info put up for pre-order the figures on their site and then reposted it not even bothering to credit their source. This list is in no means confirmed and there is nothing official about it. At this time I can't say how legit or not it is and working to get that info but for now would take it with a complete grain of salt.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Neovorticism2 said:

Too bad, I think it's the good thing about not focusing on a specific scale, I have always believed that otherwise I would be missing a lot of stuff, but come on this is not official yet.

I have to draw my line somewhere, LOL. Otherwise, where's my money for lunch?

9 hours ago, memocromatico said:

Hunger is temporary. Toys are forever :)

12 hours ago, Sledgehama said:

Hunger is temporary. Toys are forever :)

Not with today's QC.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My two cents here is that making a good DC line is always a good thing, making a good DC line that fit with other lines is always better. I'll get a good Superman figure any day, but a good Superman that can be displayed in scale next to a Thor...I'll get every time.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Deathstroke936 said:

My two cents here is that making a good DC line is always a good thing, making a good DC line that fit with other lines is always better. I'll get a good Superman figure any day, but a good Superman that can be displayed in scale next to a Thor...I'll get every time.  

That's why I find all this so infuriating. Mattel finally woke up and started producing Hasbro-level product . . . then lost the license. Still, I'm going back as far as the Clayface series to grab whatever Multiverse puts out before Mattel turns out the lights.

• Haha 1

I'm totally good with 7" scale, glancing over my shoulder at my shelf reminds me that a huge amount of my figs are already 7" anyway.  I don't care about new figs fitting in with the collection, as long as they are high quality.  What I'm really interested in is the supposed "Comic Hellbat" figure...I'm hoping it's the Patrick Gleason-art Hellbat from Batman and Robin, I wanted a figure of that from the first time I saw it.  I figured DC Collectibles would put one out eventually, but I'm excited to see if indeed McFarlane does it.  

• Like 1

On 7/31/2019 at 10:06 AM, memocromatico said:

Yes, I also draw my line, I tend to avoid many stuff for various reasons, price, QC, local availability, etc. But the scale has never been a reason, but hey, everyone has their preferences.

On 7/30/2019 at 4:42 PM, Colt90 said:

Personally, I’ve been extremely impressed with McFarlane’s current stuff.  Though the Game of Thrones line was in production prior to their jump to full articulation, I find the detail to be fantastic, including on the dragons.  Then there’s the fortnite stuff.  Say what you will about the brand, the figures are super fun and I find their articulation to be capable of most things a Marvel Legend can do, save for some crawling or deep squatting.  I guess to me, it’s not so much a need to be as good or better than Legends, but just better than what we’ve been getting and something worthy of DC

• Like 1

On 7/31/2019 at 8:17 AM, JayC said:

LOL, Ok first no that site didn't post an official press release, they saw this unknown UK etailer which is the actual original source for this info put up for pre-order the figures on their site and then reposted it not even bothering to credit their source. This list is in no means confirmed and there is nothing official about it. At this time I can't say how legit or not it is and working to get that info but for now would take it with a complete grain of salt.

Exactly!  Following the source is number 1 priority.  Sure, there’s a chance this could be true, but as you said, this is a foreign etailer whom none of us have ever heard of and has, as we know of, anything to do with production.  Why someone would make this up is beyond me.  I had heard that there were mockups for the packaging but I haven’t been able to find them anywhere.

I don’t mind 7” in the slightest.  There’s no proof that any of this is legitimate, so I’m not going to bother putting too much thought into it, but if there’s any truth to it, I’m on board.  McFarlane has impressed me immensely in the last year, and their upcoming stuff shown at TFNY and SDCC has gotten me even more excited. 

Scale isn’t something I have ever needed to be uniform in my collection. Sure, I want my specific lines to be in scale with themselves, obviously.  And I prefer to have scaling the same across brands, but I have broken this rule from time to time.  I’ll mix in some 7” scale neca e.t. figures with 3.75” Jaws and Jurassic Park figures to make a Spielberg display.  I just don’t get the limitation behind putting scale into a box; personally.  But to each their own; I’m sure someone here feels the exact opposite and that’s perfectly fine.  I just feel like if you need to have a 7” scale McFarlane (potentially) Batman fit in with a Hasbro 6” scale iron man, that’s a strange rule to make for yourself. 

• Like 1