McFarlane Toys Mortal Kombat XI Sub-Zero And Scorpion Figures First Look From SDCC

JayC

One of the highlights from this past weekends San Diego Comic Con was that we got our first look at the first two 7" figures in McFarlane Toys new Mortal Kombat XI line which of course our based on core characters Sub-Zero and Scorpion.

Each figure sports around 22 points of articulation and Sub-Zero includes a base, 2 ice axes and a frozen head with spine. Scorpion comes with a base, 2 swords and kunai spear.

The figures are due out in September and can be pre-ordered now at Megalopolis.Toys. Check out images of the two figures from SDCC below.

F8F3C357-32CB-438F-B2D4-93C465013385.jpg

IMG_6208.jpg

IMG_6204.jpg

IMG_6205.jpg

IMG_6206.jpg

IMG_6207.JPG

IMG_6209.jpg

IMG_6210.JPG

IMG_6211.jpg

IMG_6220.jpg

IMG_6221.jpg

IMG_6222.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Outsiders said:

I wonder how many variations these figures are going to have since the game has 4 different uniform changes?

Probably none because anything Injustice 2 which also had a similar feature in that game by the same developer and publisher. But Id say depending on how popular the line is will determine if they do variations.. hopefully they dont and just concentrate on bringing out more new characters instead. 

Realllllly hate those eyes on scorpion. I cant tell if its just painted wrong or if the sculpt was just bad and they painted where they should have which also emphasizes on that sculpt imperfection. 

I'll wait for Kitana & Shao Kahn.

2 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Probably none because anything Injustice 2 which also had a similar feature in that game by the same developer and publisher. But Id say depending on how popular the line is will determine if they do variations.. hopefully they dont and just concentrate on bringing out more new characters instead.

Maybe I'm slipping with my old age but did McFarlane even make Injustice 2 figures?

McFarlane can come out with new figures which would be great but with only Scorpion and Sub-Zero coming out now.  I would expect variations for these figures.  The company does it for everything they make... 

Woof. I get more and more nervous about McFarlane doing DC all the time. These look sloppy and the sculpting looks poor. I know a lot of people were hoping this line would fill in holes for their Storm collection, but it doesn't look like that will work. 

5 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Maybe I'm slipping with my old age but did McFarlane even make Injustice 2 figures?

McFarlane can come out with new figures which would be great but with only Scorpion and Sub-Zero coming out now.  I would expect variations for these figures.  The company does it for everything they make... 

They have not, but every company that has (which isnt many), have not done variants or done alt costumes in any way which leads me to believe WB wants to only do the Base design of the characters from the games instead. Both games also include pieces of armor to be customized on their character which leads to alot of different options and combinations. There is no definitive alternates in injustice 2 and even to an extent in mortal kombat 11, which is probably why they stick with the base version of the characters. But who knows.. MK11 does have a few variation skins that can be customized on top of but most are just small tweaks and little variations to the original costume that I dont see being all that appealing being sold as separate figures. Like I would have assumed theyd include some accesories that would be part of the customization per figure but they arent doing that. 

Am I the only one that thinks the feet look tiny compared to the rest of the body? Also the outfits look incredibly busy but that's more on the designs of the game that the execution of the figures. Judging by these images they look decent but I'm gonna have to see more before I decide if I buy into the line and even then I might just get a few characters here and there.

I'll wait for reviews to come out on these before I decide. Could go either way. I'm happy with the Storm Collectibles MK line so they have to put out something great for me to double up on characters with this line. Hope it comes out well though. Never hurts to have multiple lines all succeeding and doing good work. 

3 hours ago, SpiderS said:

They look like real good action figure but  only problem is the actual designs they are based on are terrible in imho. I hope they can do more classic style designs.  

McFarlane seems to only have the license for Mortal Kombat 11 products. Theres a reason Storm has the generic mortal kombat logo from mortal kombat 9 on their mk products since its spans multiple mk iterations.