SDCC 2019 Exclusive Lightning Collection Red Ranger and Zeo Gold Ranger Figure Review

I just recently bought the first wave of the lightning and I am extremely impressed with the quality. These figures are absolutely amazing and I cannot wait to get more of them! The quality put into them and each tiny detail is stunning, especially with Lord Zedd, and now MMPR Red and ZEO Gold?! What a time to be alive!

• Like 1

I wonder if a single packed Red Ranger will come with two unmasked heads; one for Jason & the other for Rocky.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, THEAnimeHERO said:

I wonder if a single packed Red Ranger will come with two unmasked heads; one for Jason & the other for Rocky.

Unlikely, since the Pink Mighty Morphin' Ranger, announced at SDCC, will only come with a Kimberly head and not a Katherine head.

On 7/24/2019 at 9:08 AM, Kenwriter said:

Unlikely, since the Pink Mighty Morphin' Ranger, announced at SDCC, will only come with a Kimberly head and not a Katherine head.

Ah, I totally missed that. I just figured it be an easy way to make people double dip. 

On 7/24/2019 at 2:12 AM, THEAnimeHERO said:

If they were to do a single packed MMPR Red Ranger we're getting another Jason head. However, we have possibility for a Rocky head to be included with a MMPR Movie Red Ranger should they get around to doing those. The 25th anniversary of the film is next year, perfect opportunity to release some 7 inch legends styled figures. 

As for the figure, I was heavily critical of the sculpting of this Red Ranger helmet, but getting a closer look at the head it is spot on, and possibly the best Red Ranger head we have ever received. The main issue is the lack of white along the jaw line. With a few touch ups, we have a dynamite helmet.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2019 at 9:06 PM, trans8010 said:

If they were to do a single packed MMPR Red Ranger we're getting another Jason head. However, we have possibility for a Rocky head to be included with a MMPR Movie Red Ranger should they get around to doing those. The 25th anniversary of the film is next year, perfect opportunity to release some 7 inch legends styled figures. 

As for the figure, I was heavily critical of the sculpting of this Red Ranger helmet, but getting a closer look at the head it is spot on, and possibly the best Red Ranger head we have ever received. The main issue is the lack of white along the jaw line. With a few touch ups, we have a dynamite helmet.

That be cool especially when the movie suits are way more detailed than the tv series. I wouldn't mind seeing Ivan Ooze.

On 8/1/2019 at 10:42 PM, THEAnimeHERO said:

That be cool especially when the movie suits are way more detailed than the tv series. I wouldn't mind seeing Ivan Ooze.

For those also upset over the smiling Kimberly head for the upcoming Pink Ranger figure, perhaps if or when the movie figure is released we will see a serious Kimberly head. I agree, Ivan Ooze (with the correct head sculpt) would be awesome as well as a 1995 movie Lord Zedd! That one is way overdue.

On 8/9/2019 at 8:20 PM, Satam said:

I don't recognize these characters.

You gotta be deep into Power Rangers to know them. So far the toys have covered mostly Saban era.

If I remember correctly, Jason wore the shield in an episode where Tommy and Jason have to learn to work together and come up with a plan to defeat the monster of the week. Even thought I stopped watching by that time I remember catching a couple of episodes with the Gold Ranger, I remember liking the costume and that Pyramid he had. I don't know it's been so long since I watched MMPR, I may be wrong. The headsculpts on Jason look off especially compared to the other unmasked head sculpts in the line so far.