Jump to content
UnparalleledUniverse

SDCC 2019 Exclusive Lightning Collection Red Ranger and Zeo Gold Ranger Figure Review

Recommended Posts

I just recently bought the first wave of the lightning and I am extremely impressed with the quality. These figures are absolutely amazing and I cannot wait to get more of them! The quality put into them and each tiny detail is stunning, especially with Lord Zedd, and now MMPR Red and ZEO Gold?! What a time to be alive!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if a single packed Red Ranger will come with two unmasked heads; one for Jason & the other for Rocky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, THEAnimeHERO said:

I wonder if a single packed Red Ranger will come with two unmasked heads; one for Jason & the other for Rocky.

Unlikely, since the Pink Mighty Morphin' Ranger, announced at SDCC, will only come with a Kimberly head and not a Katherine head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Growing up in the age of the MMPR this red ranger really hits a soft spot for me.  I don't collect Power Ranger figures, but I will have to pick up a Red Ranger and probably a green ranger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2019 at 9:08 AM, Kenwriter said:

Unlikely, since the Pink Mighty Morphin' Ranger, announced at SDCC, will only come with a Kimberly head and not a Katherine head.

Ah, I totally missed that. I just figured it be an easy way to make people double dip. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2019 at 2:12 AM, THEAnimeHERO said:

I wonder if a single packed Red Ranger will come with two unmasked heads; one for Jason & the other for Rocky.

If they were to do a single packed MMPR Red Ranger we're getting another Jason head. However, we have possibility for a Rocky head to be included with a MMPR Movie Red Ranger should they get around to doing those. The 25th anniversary of the film is next year, perfect opportunity to release some 7 inch legends styled figures. 

As for the figure, I was heavily critical of the sculpting of this Red Ranger helmet, but getting a closer look at the head it is spot on, and possibly the best Red Ranger head we have ever received. The main issue is the lack of white along the jaw line. With a few touch ups, we have a dynamite helmet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2019 at 9:06 PM, trans8010 said:

If they were to do a single packed MMPR Red Ranger we're getting another Jason head. However, we have possibility for a Rocky head to be included with a MMPR Movie Red Ranger should they get around to doing those. The 25th anniversary of the film is next year, perfect opportunity to release some 7 inch legends styled figures. 

As for the figure, I was heavily critical of the sculpting of this Red Ranger helmet, but getting a closer look at the head it is spot on, and possibly the best Red Ranger head we have ever received. The main issue is the lack of white along the jaw line. With a few touch ups, we have a dynamite helmet.

That be cool especially when the movie suits are way more detailed than the tv series. I wouldn't mind seeing Ivan Ooze.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2019 at 10:42 PM, THEAnimeHERO said:

That be cool especially when the movie suits are way more detailed than the tv series. I wouldn't mind seeing Ivan Ooze.

For those also upset over the smiling Kimberly head for the upcoming Pink Ranger figure, perhaps if or when the movie figure is released we will see a serious Kimberly head. I agree, Ivan Ooze (with the correct head sculpt) would be awesome as well as a 1995 movie Lord Zedd! That one is way overdue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2019 at 8:20 PM, Satam said:

I don't recognize these characters.

You gotta be deep into Power Rangers to know them. So far the toys have covered mostly Saban era.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watch up till In Space so I’m happy to see both figures are looking as good as they do. That being said I can wait till a solo release of the red MMPR without the shield. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am kinda surprised that Hasbro actually sculpted arm bands instead of making them separate piece, knowing that they gonna reissue that figure in his og look.  But still really awesome looking and articulated figures. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I remember correctly, Jason wore the shield in an episode where Tommy and Jason have to learn to work together and come up with a plan to defeat the monster of the week. Even thought I stopped watching by that time I remember catching a couple of episodes with the Gold Ranger, I remember liking the costume and that Pyramid he had. I don't know it's been so long since I watched MMPR, I may be wrong. The headsculpts on Jason look off especially compared to the other unmasked head sculpts in the line so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...






Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE