Mattel's 6" DC Mulitverse Line Goes Out With A Bang

JayC

This past weekend during SDCC, Mattel gave us a look at their 6" DC Multiverse Batman themed Killer Croc Collect-And-Connect wave, which is one of last waves being released before they hand things off to McFarlane Toys in 2020.

The wave has been up for pre-order at places like BigBadToyStore for several weeks now, but this was the first time we gotten a look at the actual figures. The wave includes:

- Katana
- Batman (Grayson)
- Red Robin (Drake)
- Red Hood (Todd)
- Alfred Pennyworth
- KGBeast

with each figure coming with a piece to buld a Killer Croc figure.

All the figures looked pretty good, but one in particular really stood out to me when I saw it at SDCC, and that was the Alfred Pennyworth figure. Not only is it cool just to be getting a character like Alfred in figure form, but Mattel seems to have really pulled out all the stops with it by including 4 different headsculpts. You get the traditional Alfred comic book head as well as headsculpts for the 60's TV series version, the 80's Tim Burton movie version and last but not least the evil version of Alfred from the comics known as the Outsider. Look for this wave to be released soon.

Killer-Croc-Wave-00.jpg

Killer-Croc-Wave-01.jpg

Killer-Croc-Wave-02.jpg

Killer-Croc-Wave-03.jpg

Killer-Croc-Wave-04.jpg

Killer-Croc-Wave-05.jpg

Killer-Croc-Wave-06.jpg

Killer-Croc-Wave-07.jpg

Killer-Croc-Wave-08.jpg

Killer-Croc-Wave-09.jpg

Killer-Croc-Wave-10.jpg

Killer-Croc-Wave-11.jpg

• Like 1

The only one I really want is Alfred. Hopefully these will be sold individually too.

Its too bad Mattel chose this time, time give us these great figures! Imagine what else they could've produced if they still had the DC license. I've already pre-ordered both this set and the ninja Batman set. The Alfred looks the theist one of the group and really comic accurate

I definitely am going for this Alfred figure, The killer croc figure looks cool tho I'm no wave completionist so i doubt I'll be getting Killer Croc completed :/, mostly because i tend to be picky with characters i like.

Against my better judgement I've gone back to collecting Multiverse. Makes since I guess. I was there when Mattel started with DC back in the day, it wouldn't feel right if i wasn't there when they turned out the lights.

Of course that's meant rebuying a few figures I'd previously parted with, but only going as far back as the Clayface series (when Mattel really started bringing their "A" game). Fortunately, there are quite a few nice figures in these last three series, so I'm not doing this solely for nostalgia.

As for McTodd, still not sold on it. I'll have towait and see what he comes up with

I might just collect Alfred & KGBeast. Now if only I had a 1989 Batman to go with Alfred.

5 hours ago, marionlawless said:

Damn. Too bad this line is impossible to find at retail. My Walmarts are still drowning in Shazam figures, and my Target is stuck with the Super Luthor wave.

I agree, but that's what online retailers are for.