NECA And The TMNT

JayC

Over the course of the last several days you had a lot of images and info thrown at you all at once for San Diego Comic Con, so now that things are winding down we wanted to go back and recap some of the highlights from the show. The first being NECA and their various line of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles collector figures.

So first thing to note is they will be doing three different 6" lines for various retailers. Just announced the other day was a brand new line of video game based figures from the Turtles In Time game that will be sold exclusively through the comic and online specialty markets. Then we will be getting movie based figures sold exclusively at Gamestop stores and then finally the animated series 2-packs which will be sold as Target store exclusives.

The second wave of Target store exclusive 2-packs will include 2 Foot Soldiers, Rocksteady and Bebop, and the remaining two sets will feature the 4 Turtles based on style guide colors, which translates to brighter tones than the previous animated series figures. They will also include new accessories.

Other figures for the Target series though not specifically confirmed for wave 3 include cartoon versions of April O' Neil, Casey Jones, Slash, Leatherhead, Metalhead new Foot Soldiers including a battle damaged one.

They will also be doing an Ultimate FOOT soldier with one figure and multiple heads and weapons. The Rodney droid from the arcade will see release either as a 2-pack or possibly a 3-pack depending on cost.

Next year is the 30th Anniversary of the original TMNT movie and they will be doing more figures as well as figures for Secret Of The Ooze which we will start to see at NYCC and more so during Toy Fair.

New Arcade Game-based TMNT Figures Images (11).jpg

New Arcade Game-based TMNT Figures Images (12).jpg

New Arcade Game-based TMNT Figures Images (13).jpg

New Arcade Game-based TMNT Figures Images (14).jpg

New Arcade Game-based TMNT Figures Images (15).jpg

New Arcade Game-based TMNT Figures Images (16).jpg

New Arcade Game-based TMNT Figures Images (17).jpg

New Arcade Game-based TMNT Figures Images (18).jpg

New Arcade Game-based TMNT Figures Images (19).jpg

New Arcade Game-based TMNT Figures Images (20).jpg

New Arcade Game-based TMNT Figures Images (21).jpg

New Arcade Game-based TMNT Figures Images (22).jpg

New Arcade Game-based TMNT Figures Images (23).jpg

New Arcade Game-based TMNT Figures Images (24).jpg

New Arcade Game-based TMNT Figures Images (25).jpg

New Arcade Game-based TMNT Figures Images (26).jpg

New Arcade Game-based TMNT Figures Images (27).jpg

New Arcade Game-based TMNT Figures Images (28).jpg

New Arcade Game-based TMNT Figures Images (29).jpg

New Arcade Game-based TMNT Figures Images (30).jpg

New Arcade Game-based TMNT Figures Images (31).jpg

New Arcade Game-based TMNT Figures Images (32).jpg

IMG_5653.JPG

IMG_5654.JPG

IMG_5655.JPG

IMG_5656.JPG

IMG_5657.JPG

IMG_5658.JPG

IMG_5659.JPG

IMG_5660.JPG

IMG_5661.JPG

IMG_5662.JPG

IMG_5663.JPG

IMG_5664.JPG

IMG_5665.JPG

IMG_5666.JPG

IMG_5667.JPG

IMG_5668.JPG

IMG_5669.JPG

IMG_5670.JPG

IMG_5671.JPG

IMG_5672.JPG

IMG_5673.JPG

IMG_5674.JPG

IMG_5675.JPG

IMG_5676.JPG

IMG_5677.JPG

IMG_5678.JPG

IMG_5679.JPG

IMG_5680.JPG

IMG_5681.JPG

IMG_5682.JPG

IMG_5683.JPG

IMG_5684.JPG

IMG_5685.JPG

IMG_5686.JPG

IMG_5687.JPG

IMG_5688.JPG

IMG_5689.JPG

IMG_5690.JPG

IMG_5691.JPG

IMG_5692.JPG

IMG_5693.JPG

IMG_5694.JPG

IMG_5695.JPG

IMG_5696.JPG

IMG_5697.JPG

IMG_5698.JPG

IMG_5699.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So much turtle goodness at the 'Con. Have to say I'm looking forward to the video game style figures the most also some more movie figs is great. Wonder when GameStop will restock the initial Movie figures? Would like to get those first.

• Thanks 1

Kinda funny how these figure lines could be organized by how "easy to hard" they will be to find.

Very Easy: video games (available at multiple stores, including online)

Easy: movies (available at GameStop, including their online store)

Hard: cartoon (available at Target, but not at their online store)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, memocromatico said:

Did they say anything about the supposed international retailing?

Check the interview that Pixel Dan did with Randy

• Thanks 2

I see what they were saying about the paper-craft stuff. It just seems so perfect that April is going to include a ransom note. I'm telling you, if the animated figures were a bit easier to find, and the price wasn't such a huge bite to swallow, these suckers would be replacing Marvel Legends at the top of my list easy. As it is, they're a REAL close second.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a TMNT fan, I love the idea NECA is going full force with producing my childhood. However, due to the limited space, I think I will have to choose which line to continue to collect. I think I will just end up getting April and Casey Jones from the toon line and that's it. I'm more committed to just getting the movie turtles from all 3 movies if they decide to push it further. Still, NECA has made my childhood right in front of my eyes. What a time to be alive!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/23/2019 at 10:46 AM, jalimbo86 said:

As a TMNT fan, I love the idea NECA is going full force with producing my childhood. However, due to the limited space, I think I will have to choose which line to continue to collect. I think I will just end up getting April and Casey Jones from the toon line and that's it. I'm more committed to just getting the movie turtles from all 3 movies if they decide to push it further. Still, NECA has made my childhood right in front of my eyes. What a time to be alive!

I'm also being selective with their TMNT releases. I want the Turtles in Time Slash but not so much the cartoon version. The same goes for Leatherhead as I prefer the colors used on the game prototype. In terms of movies I may end grabbing it all such as Tokar & Razar and I really hope a Super Shredder is made someday. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/22/2019 at 9:23 PM, mako said:

I see what they were saying about the paper-craft stuff. It just seems so perfect that April is going to include a ransom note. I'm telling you, if the animated figures were a bit easier to find, and the price wasn't such a huge bite to swallow, these suckers would be replacing Marvel Legends at the top of my list easy. As it is, they're a REAL close second.

It took me about 3 months to have that initial wave of 1987 TMNT & I wasn't the one that found them. My Dad & Sister were out shopping and saw some throughout that time span. Meanwhile, whenever I went to Target I found nothing. I was also fortunate about the Gamestop Turtles as I heard some people's preorders were cancelled. These are some scarce turtles. My bad luck finally hit me when Turtles in Time Slash went on pre-order and I missed it. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/22/2019 at 1:49 PM, 80sboy4 said:

So much turtle goodness at the 'Con. Have to say I'm looking forward to the video game style figures the most also some more movie figs is great. Wonder when GameStop will restock the initial Movie figures? Would like to get those first.

At least Bebop & Rocksteady are the only ones I'm interested in this year. Next year will be the hunt for Casey & April.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, THEAnimeHERO said:

It took me about 3 months to have that initial wave of 1987 TMNT & I wasn't the one that found them. My Dad & Sister were out shopping and saw some throughout that time span. Meanwhile, whenever I went to Target I found nothing. 

I found the Raphael and Michelangelo sets at the same time on a run to my local Target. II was pure luck as this particular Target had taken down their Neca section by this point.  I literally caught them out of the corner of my eye, amidst the plushies and Pops. After that, noting. I ended up buying the Leo and Don sets off Ebay . . . and NO, I am not going to tell you how much I spent on each.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mako said:

I found the Raphael and Michelangelo sets at the same time on a run to my local Target. II was pure luck as this particular Target had taken down their Neca section by this point.  I literally caught them out of the corner of my eye, amidst the plushies and Pops. After that, noting. I ended up buying the Leo and Don sets off Ebay . . . and NO, I am not going to tell you how much I spent on each.

Reminds me of my Lion-O Mattel Classics purchase & perhaps Mattel Club Grayskull He-Man if I dare to pay those prices.

• 2 months later...
22 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

We are in fall so these wave 2 is supposed to start showing up at Target right?

My local Target (MD) is pretty good about getting the NECA products out, but I haven’t see anything new since the last time I was there (9/27).

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Darth_Primus said:

Yeah, I feel like I've been waiting for these version of Bebop and Rocksteady my entire life.   And Krang is definitely a buy.

Can't say I'm quite THAT emotionally invested in them, but they are HIGH on my list. And yeah, Krang is pretty awesome.

Now, Casey and April are the ones I want so bad it hurts. I also find myself awaiting the inevitable Usagi Yojimbo, but I don't wanna count my chickens before they hatch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1